“Great value and location in Disneyworld”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #148 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is Hilton is a little older but the rooms are well-kept, a little dated but overall the rooms are good. Best part of this hotel is the access to Downtown Disney, it's literally in walking distance across the street. I don't like the parking charge, most Disney resorts don't charge for parking so it's strange to me that this hotel does ($14/day self park, $20/day valet). Shuttle services to every where in Disney world was also a great perk to staying here.

Another highlight is the Benihanna's located in the hotel, just a nice dinner option or for drinks.

Gold/Diamond members get discounted resort fee ($12 vs. $22) and Free Wifi. The Business Lounge breakfast is okay at best - no real hot food is served and the coffee wasn't good.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the elevator that's near self parking lot to easily access your car and the e...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,593)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hilton is pretty predictable in terms of cleanliness and comfort, but this one really delivers in terms of location, amenities and on site dining options.
There are many places to sit and enjoy some quiet time together with a warm or cool drink, either poolside, or in many lounges within the resort.
While our teenagers slept in, we enjoyed the walk through Downtown Disney early mornings with coffee in hand before the shops opened. Right now the DTD complex is under construction to add many more restaurants and shops in a more expansive layout, but it does not interfere with a nice stay across the street at Hilton.
We enjoyed the resort for a special dinner at Benihana, on the property, and a visit to the Disney waterparks so though it was brief, every moment was enjoyable.
Upon check in we found our carpet was wet and when calling they relocated us immediately with what I would call a major upgrade. Great first impression !

Room Tip: If you want a disney view room you will pay a higher price, but it isn't really worth it because...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your review. Looks like you really enjoyed your stay. I'm glad we could impress you the first time, and hope to see you a second one!
Best regards,
James Grosso

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Beautiful entrance, great toiletries, nice location. Rugs in the room were not so clean. My room was overlooking a highway, but did not hear noise. It has a small gym that is convenient. I was able to walk to Downtown Disney without a problem, is close and safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked a the last minute to meet up with family. The hotel was clean, up to date and convenient for adults to get to the parks. As diamond members we had a great stay. We found the breakfast in the lounge to be good. On a whole I would compare it to the swan and dolphin resorts by the parks. Better in the service and upkeep but not as great of location (However the location was nice next to the Downtown shops and Disney Transportation Stop). The deal breaker would be the price it is much cheaper then the two on site starwood resorts. Use this hotel if you one have older kids or are adults going to the parks. the hotel provides transportation which is ok... alternatively you can venture out and explore the parks via transfer at a Disney hotel transportation depot across the street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LVHotelGuy
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Hello traveler! First of all thank you for your loyalty to the brand! I appreciate your comment and comparison to our competition, we sure like to stand out for our price and service, and I'm glad we delivered. Hopefully you will continue to choose us when in town. Best regards, James Grosso

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I visited the property again after staying here several times previously with mixed experiences. My original reservation was for two nights. I got in late due to a flight delay, and arrived shortly before 11pm. There was a ton of construction going on in the Downtown Disney area (not the hotels fault but there is no mention of this that I could find in my reservation, or suggestion to use alternate route). I was stopped at least 3 times by lights that seemed to take over 5 mins to change given their multiple directions. I have made this trip many many times from MCO to this hotel and it never took this long, I was very tired.

When I checked in, I was asked what the occasion was and I told the agent it was my birthday. She smiled, wished me a Happy Birthday and then took my card and said she noticed I was a Hilton Diamond member and my credit card is on file. She then asked if it was my first time staying there, and I said no it's probably my tenth (why they don't have this information before they ask is weird). She was nice, and talked me through the shuttle schedule (which I didn't need as I had a car but I didn't want to interrupt her), told me about the Extra Magic Hours (which weren't applicable to me at that hour ) and then told me "the parking system was down" so she would charge my account and I just have to have the parking clerk check the computer any time I leave. She then sent me on my way to the 8th floor.

While I booked a standard king room, I will admit I was disappointed when I get a room facing the highway as my previous stays (even before I got Diamond status) were on the Executive floor, the hotel was not full, and there really was no attempt at all at upgrading me. I understand I got in late, but most Hiltons usually block the nicer rooms in advance for most loyal customers. The hotel definitely was not full.

When I went to turn in for the night, I noticed the room was warm and I couldn't get the thermostat below 68 (it definitely was not 68 in the room but the AC could not be heard). I settled into bed and turned on the TV, only to find that many of the channels had very bad reception. I got annoyed and went down to get water and a snack, and when I got to the 24 hour store in the lobby, the guy had literally put all the food away except for candy and stuff.

The next morning I called the Front Desk and asked to leave a day early. After reading me the rules about 5 days advance etc. (without actually asking why I wanted to leave or if there was anything they could do)...they let me leave without extra charge because I was a Diamond member (I am glad that benefit worked for something). I did not get a good night's rest because the room was warm and the AC would not come on as cool as I wanted it to. I also found no laundry bag in the room.

I left and went to a nearby Disney property for my second night. This Hilton in Downtown Disney used to be one of the highlights of my stay, with great service, offerings, maintenance. In my opinion it really is suffering on many levels and perhaps this is why rooms are going for as low as $79 for a full service Hilton in such a prized location.

I will not plan to return to this Hilton, but do give credit to Hilton Bonnet Creek where I previously stayed and had a far superior experience. Overall, even though the Extra Magic Hours benefit is cool and it's nice to find a full service Hilton in Orlando now charging the same rate as Disney's All Star....the service was disappointing and the sleep was uncomfortable. That will be the memory I take with me going forward of this once truly terrific Hilton property.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Red_Dolphin-Media
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Excellent Getaway Package - decided last minute to take the kids to Disneyworld / Universal - after 2days of searching internet - came across JetBlue - first time on JetBlue and first time staying at this Hilton property. It was fantastic...from the time I booked; departed; arrived at hotel - JetBlue vacation staff were spot on. The Hilton LBV was "fantastic" - after leaving NYC on 6am flight - arrived at Hilton to find that our room was available "excellent" with a few complimentary items "nice"; room "extremely comfortable"; Sunday brunch with characters was "delicious"; 24hour market "wonderful". With a 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney, it was great for last minute dinner / ice cream. Hilton's shuttle bus to Parks, on time; quick to and from the parks "convenient" The two pools were "refreshing" and "fun" . I have been to many Disney Hotels (AK, ASM, SS) - and I now think we are going to stick with the Hilton (same privileges as Disney hotels).....All around great experience with Hilton LBV and JetBlue.....

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathy M

Dear guest, this is very good to know. I haven't seen a comment about JetBlue's packages and I have to say I'm very thrilled to learn they are spot on, the airline is phenomenal, so I'm sure they deliver great service throughout! Thank you for trusting them and us as your preferred Disney hotel for this trip, and I hope we continue to host you when in town.
Best regards, James Grosso

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We chose this hotel because we were planning in going to see Cirque du Soleil at downtown Disney. We were very pleased with the place. Rooms were very clean. Loved queen beds and the shower! The water pressure was amazing. No dust in the rooms. Sheets very clean. When we told Charles at the front desk that we were celebrating our daughter's 18 birthday he sent chocolate covered strawberries to the room.

That attention to detail was superb. I'm sure the strawberries didn't cost them much, but made my 18 year old feel like a princess. Let's just say that picture made Instagram rounds.

Complimentary Starbucks coffee was wonderful too. Loved staying there! Thank you again Charles!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank uruguay2

Thank you for such wonderful review. I'll make sure to give Charles a high five on your behalf, he certainly is an asset to our hotel. I appreciate your sincere comment, and I hope you visit us again in the near future.

All my best, James Grosso