“Okay but didn't smell clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
Ranked #96 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful, but the lobby had a distinct "unclean" smell and there was mold in the bathroom shower. Once the mold issue was mentioned, they promptly moved us to a different room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear guest “Angela K”,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests and common areas is basic for a good stay. As well a good stay begins and ends with an efficient and pleasant staff procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. You can be confident that we had follow-up on your concerns and properly addressed so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us.

Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very reasonable price for stay and leaving car "PARK&sTAY" deal. Cheaper and safer than airport!!! We stayed the night before we flew out, the only thing was the mattress was hard as a rock. but we managed. Will definitely stay here again.

Dear guest “awsumgator”,

I would like to thank you for your comments on your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport.

The satisfaction of our guests is our main priority and we count in our guest’s feedback to make sure we stay on track and making every stay a outstanding experience and exceed their expectations.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Clean rooms and very nice staff. Would stay here again. The pool was well kept and I appreciated that I had free wifi and was able to use the business centre including printing my boarding passes and they did not charge me for this service.

Dear Guest “Victoria E”,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport during your stay.

Nowadays with so many choices in life specially when travelling with hotels, airlines, places, restaurants, etc; one of the most rewarding aspects of our job is to know that we were able to make a difference and exceeded our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcome you to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We only stayed one night to allow for other members of our party to arrive. Great place for families to rest and relax before taking on Orlando and the related amusement parks. I do not know why this has to be 200 characters in length.

Dear “John H”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport team for your kind comments on your experience on your last stay.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

the hotel lobby and decor of the guest room was very attractive. Love the colors; took some photos for possible decorating ideas for my home. Room was very clean and quiet. The bedside lamp had a phone jack, which was convenient for charging my cell phone (which I also use as my morning alarm). Business center has Apple computer and non-Apple brand computer. Breakfast bar was good, but overpriced (my company did not reimburse for the full price of the breakfast).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest “Joy R”,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. As well, to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else.

I really appreciate your comments and all of my guest’s feedback and I look forward to welcome you, friends and family to once again exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

I didn't think I would like this hotel but on the contrary I loved it! The hotel is centrally located on Semoran Blvd about 10 minutes from Orlando airport.
First, we were warmly greeted and asked if we were Hilton members; which was nice. I must add, the decor was very welcoming!
Up the elevator and into our room - very nice. Comfortable, king size, cozy bed. The first thing I did was to jump on the bed and roll from side to side. The amenities in the room was nice, TV, soap, shampoo, etc. Sitting area and free wifi in the room and free on-site parking were welcome additions.
The location of the hotel gave you many opportunities for restaurants and shopping -- so many choices your head will spin. The good addition was buffet breakfast with freshly made waffles -- my favorite! I was in waffle heaven!
We drove to a nearby mall which was nice - I don't recall the name but it was easy getting there. We rented a car from Dollar Car Rental in the airport. I would never rent from Dollar at the Orlando Airport again - I was on line for 1 hour. Awful!
Overall it was a great hotel and will be added to my favorites list!

Dear Guest “talyah”,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests experience and a job well done.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our team member to make sure our valuable guests as yourself is welcome with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect.

Our team prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family members to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We stayed 1 night before catching our flight out the next morning. The property is very nice and the desk staff both at check-in and check-out were very friendly. Business center allowed guest to print boarding pass which is something I always like to have before heading to the airport.

The pool was ice cold, so no swimming for us. And don't waist any money getting a whirlpool room. The whirlpool was nothing more than a small tub with jets. Turning it on was horribly loud - so loud you could not shout over it. Horrible. The bed was a bit too soft for me but OK for my wife.

There are several dining choices within walking distance. My wife and I chose Sonny's BBQ which is a couple blocks away. A nice choice.

I would stay again when needing a room near the airport (NOT of course, a whirlpool room)

Room Tip: Skip a whirlpool room - definitely a let down