“Perfect stay & so close to SeaWorld”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #72 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect stay & so close to SeaWorld”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Impressed by this hotel and fantastic front desk staff! Our stay exceeded my expectations. The front desk was able to provide excellent recommendations for dining, shopping and transportation! Patricia was superb - very friendly and extremely helpful! The hotel is close to SeaWorld, a short walk out the door and is also right on the trolley line with several stops, which made getting around very easy. Everything was clean and inviting!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Service was great staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was fantastic clean & comfy I slept better here then at home the bed was that good. The price and location could not be beaten. walking distance from Sea World. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet waiters and staff very nice. Next time I'm in Orlando I will plan to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights when visiting Sea World. The hotel does provide transportation but you can walk to Sea World. The walk to Sea World is about a quarter mile down the street from the hotel and through Sea World's parking lot. It is safe and an easy walk. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. We did not have breakfast at the hotel but did enjoy the free coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Maine
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel from 11/23/11 to 11/27/11.

The Good:
The hotel was easy to find and easy to get to and from. Check in and check out went very smoothly. The hotel had everything in order and checked us in and out very quickly. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful with any questions we asked. We ordered room service late one night and were told it would take 25 minutes. The food arrived in about fifteen minutes which was a nice surprise. The bed was very comfortable and I got a good nights sleep each night.

The Bad:
The room was not very impressive. One part of the wall had been obviously repainted and the color didn't even come close to matching the original color. The shower head in the shower was about chest high making washing of hair difficult. The shower floor was very high (I think for plumbing underneath) however this left little room to have a reasonably high shower head.

The Ugly:
The housekeeping service was obviously done by someone who didn't really care about their job. One day the trash was not emptied in the bathroom. Another day the trash was emptied in the room however the bag was not replaced leaving a trash can that was rusty and nasty inside. We had set 3 cans and bottles by the trash can and only two were taken away. The trash can at one point was left near the center of the room (obiously not returned to its location after being emptied). We did leave a $2-$3 tip each day and got this type of service (I understand $3 is not a lot of money however expected better service even without a tip). The bathroom shower was very dirty looking. I don't think it was actually dirty just old and worn down. The comforter on the bed looked like it had been used for 10 years. Instead of having an even thickness the filling was clumped up in many different places. The sheets came off one corner of the bed one day to reveal a very nasty looking stain on the side of the mattress. It looked like someone had been murdered against the side of the bed.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel due to the fact that there are about a million hotels in the Orlando area. The price was reasonable however I think compared to others in the area better deals can easily be found. Maybe I just got a bad room but I wouldn't come back. I did not bring these issues to management so I am not sure how they would have responded. The issues came up over the course of several days and not all at once which was not enough to make me complain. I hope this helps.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Hoops2441
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Got an excellent prepaid rate the weekend before Thanksgiving. Able to check in early with no problem. Had a King room, which is on the small side, but acceptable for a couple staying only 2 nights. Air conditioner is a bit noisy, but that's about the only complaint. I'd stay again if visiting Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing Sea World. You may overlook parking lot, but you'll also see Sea World'...
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Spent two nights in July as a mini family reunion. I was thoroughly impressed with the Hilton Garden Inn at Sea World. Their staff was extremely knowledgable and courteous to everyone. The rooms were much roomier and quiet than expected. There was a large tour group also staying in our hotel, but the hotel staff did a great job of isolating them to the lower floors, allowing the families like myself to have the higher, preferred rooms. In fact, we hardly noticed this group. We had a perfect view of the Sea World fireworks, which the kids loved.

In addition to the clean, well maintained rooms, there were many perks that we didn't realize until we checked in. The best perk was the pass that allowed us to jump to the head of the line at the major attractions in Sea World. That is worth staying at this hotel again. What a great experience!

Room Tip: Try to request a room on the Sea World side to watch fireworks at night. Beautiful view.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We just stayed at the Hilton Garden Seaworld for 3 nights , and overall it was a great experience and would defintely stay again and recommend to others.

I'll get my personal negatives out of the way first. Bathroom was a little on the small side , sink,toilet, and shower all in one space, and the bed was very soft. Both of these things though are based on personal preferences , and not the fault of Hilton. The bathroom was well kept and very neat and my wife claims if I had my way I'd sleep on a slab of concrete

Putting those two little things aside , I'd rate this place as outstanding in every way. You couldnt ask for a better location. 2 minutes off of I-4, 10 minute walk to Seaworld( save the $$$ on parking ) , 5-10 minute drive to all Disney parks, Universal , and all attraction and restaurants on I-Drive All staff encountered very helpful and friendly. Housekeeping very efficient, room was spotless every day when we returned.
As far as price , paid $90 for a two room,king bed suite, and believe me , I've paid a lot more for a lot less at other places. Used Hiltons on line site to book and was very efficient and easy to use

Room Tip: Rooms on west side face Seaworld