“Horrible Housekeeping”

GreenLeadersSilver level
amsterdam
“Horrible Housekeeping”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights while in town for work/vacation. Front desk and restaurant staff very friendly. Pool was solid for my 6 year old daughter. Great location as its not busy like International Blvd. but close to everything. The big downside is the housekeeping. They never showed up before 4pm and, if they did, they would barely do anything. Floors not vacuumed the entire stay, old dust and dirt under the beds, the garbage sometimes not emptied out, walked in from a long day and stepped in a big wet puddle so obviously they spilled something and didn't clean it up. Orlando hotels overall are pretty tired and worn down based on the volume but this just made for a depressing stay. Garden Inns are usually better than this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Piddyman,
Thank you for acknowledging our restaurant and front desk employees--they do a great job and I will pass on your comments! I do apologize that the housekeeping in your room was not up to our usual high standards and this will be addressed with the housekeeping manager. Our housekeepers start in the mornings with rooms that have checked out so we can get them ready for that day's guests. It is usually in the afternoon that they start rooms that are staying over with us. On your next visit please let the front desk know that you would prefer a morning service and we will try our best to accommodate.
If I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Lori Rupp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Quakertown, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My stay here was perfect. Guests were treated so kind & there was nothing too small or too big for them. Both our rooms were super clean & stocked well. It's like a little bit of home. Sleeping was dreamy. No noice & all bedding was super clean & comfortable. We were there for 5 days & enjoyed every second of every day

1 Thank Barbara C
Dear Barbara,
I will be sure to share your comments with all of our associates at our next meeting! Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will be back again in the future!
Sincerely yours,
Warrenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I only stayed one night because I was in town for a trade show, but I look forward to going back with the family for vacation!
The hotel was easy to find, clean, modern looking and most importantly, the staff was fantastic!
They have a nice bar area that several people were mingling in when I checked in, but I didn't get a chance to join in. They also had a really good looking breakfast being served, but again, I was rushed for business and was unable to try it out.
They are right across the street from Sea World and right down the street from the Orlando Convention Center.
They have a nice canteen area with great prices. Judging by the menu in the rooms, the restaurant at the hotel has a great variety and pretty good prices.
The room was spacious and comfortable. The beds were very clean and comfy. My favorite: A Keurig in the room with a sampling of K-cups (coffee & tea!) for the morning!
I look forward to going back on vacation!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MelMarieSignLady
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your one night with us and we all look forward to having you back with your family! Thank you for your review!
Lori
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I would highly recommend not to go to this hilton! The staff is rude ! The room service not once came to our room to clean it , we had to go to the desk to ask for towels ! And the staff would get mad if you wanted something ! A big waste of money , the pools stunk and we're very dirty , the bedding gave me a rash ! Over all the worst place to stay at ! Waste of money !!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Stephaniec1991
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Stephaniec1991,
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the unfortunate experience you had while staying with us. Guest comfort, health and safety is our top concern and we've shared your comments with the appropriate members of our team for further review. If you would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail, please feel free to contact us directly.
Kind regards,
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Quality stay that was very affordable for being a hotel on the Sea World grounds. The staff was great, the hotel clean and convenient, the pool and hot tub were clean as well. The room was very nice, it was cleaned and prepared fresh while we were out, it was easy to keep our own food and prepare small meals for the kids to save money.

Dear "754metal",
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We recently completed a full hotel renovation and I'm happy you enjoyed the new look of our rooms and were able to make good use of the in-room microwave and refrigerator.
I hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in Orlando!
Take care,
Columbia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a good stay with very helpful staff. Sea World perks were great and gave us some extras that we would not have had otherwise. The location was perfect and the shuttle to Sea World made it even better. If you plan to go to Sea World this is a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello and thank you for your review!
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that the next time you come to Orlando for a visit you will stay with us again!
All the best!
Lori
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I attended an annual convention nearby this hotel and booked through a travel agency connected with our organization. Checking in was quick, but they gave me a double bed room when it was clearly just me checking in. I have to go back to the lobby and change my room, and the staff was not really apologetic. They gave me a room for the disabled instead, stating that there is no other room available. Because I was tired from the flight and was beginning to have a migraine, I just settled for the room. However, much to my chagrin, the room has an intense smell, probably coming from the AC. My migraine eventually intensified, had to take my imitrex, but I also needed to lie down and take a nap. I felt trapped because there was no other recourse. All the hotels near the convention center were fully booked, hence I can't transfer. This is one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had; my experience with a Super8 Motel was even better.

Room Tip: None, you are at the mercy of the staff