“Clean and Practical”

Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #79 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

This hotel sits across the Seaworld and Aquatica theme parks which makes it very desirable if you're booking the package as they give you perks for staying there including free shuttles. The pool is nice enough to cool off after a long hot day and the rest of the hotel is pretty quiet for the time period we stayed. They could use an arcade room for the kids though.

Stayed: August 2014
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear "Minivandad",
Thank you for your review. I'm happy our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed our pool area! I'm sorry that we do not have an arcade at the hotel but we do appreciate your suggestion. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.
407-354-1500

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Just returned home from the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando.Me and the wife stopped in room 330 for a 2 week excellent value package vacation booked through Cosmos.We had a minor problem in the first 24 hours of our stay which was the refrigerator that had become loose in its housing unit and made a terrible noise when the thermostat kicked in but was rectified immediately when I reported it to the front desk.The bed and bath linen was changed regularly and you only had to put a card on the bed or leave the towels on the floor should you require them changing earlier,as you had maid service every day.A microwave and Koenig coffee machine was set in the unit above the fridge but to be honest we never used them,we just helped ourselves to the complimentary tea or coffee offered in the morning or evening which was located opposite the reception desk.We enjoyed watching all the old U.S. tv shows on MeTV which brought back lots of childhood memories.Get your Seaworld tickets at the dedicated desk in the lobby,besides the entrance discount,you get fast pass and discount meal and store offers included.We had a hectic 2 weeks as we met family there and did all the major theme parks plus Wet n'Wild,Blizzard Beach,Gatorland,the airboats at Boggy Creek and only touched a fraction what Orlando has to offer,so would I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at Seaworld again,the answers YES!! I promise you won't get a better standard of hotel at this price in this location of Orlando.I would just like to add that the pool was small but this was not a problem as it was only used by a handful of guests each day,car parking is free with plenty of spaces.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located the behind the elevator.
3  Thank hardenlad
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear "hardenlad",
It sounds like you had a fabulous vacation here in Orlando! I'm glad you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and found our location to be a good fit for you. I am sorry the refrigerator had a problem on your first day but happy that it was fixed right away!
For your next visit to Orlando I do hope that you will stay with us again!
All the best,
Lori

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We landed at Orlando airport already at 8:40am, and after having had breakfast we arrived at the hotel at about 10am. They had our room ready, and we were able to check in immediately. That was a very nice surprise.

The wireless network worked very well. The room was very good. There is no safe in the room, which is not nice, and you always need to kneel taking a shower. We did not watch TV, but they have all possible channels and TVs are very nice flat ones.

Location is next to SeaWorld, which is very nice if you're planning of going there. With a car you get quickly anywhere, and there are nice golf courses very close to the hotel.

Another negative thing is that breakfast is not free. It is a good one with omelettes, fruits, pancakes and all other things you appreciate having in the morning before heading out to new adventures.

If we return to Orlando, we would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terot

Dear "terot",
I appreciate your review of the hotel and I'm happy that we were able to accommodate your early arrival! We can't always; depending on what time the previous night's guests depart; but I'm glad it worked out for you!
I apologize that we do not have safes in our rooms--unfortunately, we do not offer them at this time. We do offer safety deposit boxes at the front desk for any valuables. Additionally, I will be sure to share the rest of your comments with our management team.
If I can be of any assistance with a future reservation please let me know.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This hotel has two primary features, namely the location and the staff who are excellent. Nothing is too much trouble and I would, in particular, like to acknowledge Patricia Levine, one of the reception staff, for her outstanding service. Our stay in Orlando has been really special and this hotel made a significant contribution to that outcome. Our daughter thought the swimming pool was fantastic, car parking is very good and the complimentary bus service to sea world really useful. I stay in hotels a lot, albeit mainly in the UK and this service provided in this hotel is among the best I have experienced.

2  Thank DFJP320

Dear "DFJP320",
Thank you for your kind review of the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld and for your acknowledgement of our helpful staff, expecially Patricia! I will be sure to share your comments at our next all associate meeting!
If your travels bring you our way in the future, I hope you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I traveled a lot in different Hilton properties and this hotel really deserves the Hilton brand. From the moment we checked in to the check out, everything was perfect. The front desk staff is AMAZING, thanks to the lady that checked us in early and also many thanks to the lady that allowed our late check out. The service at the restaurant is also very good, thanks to "happy feet", our server. Seriously, if you want to go to Sea World (or the surroundings) this hotel is more than a sure bet. Many thanks to all of you for our amazing stay. One downside: the ice machine on the 5th floor is VERY noisy at night, but someone shut it down after I let them know. Maybe some repair is needed! Is near perfect 9.5/10.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear "oli-business",
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld! I'm going to have to find out which of our servers is "Happy Feet"! I'm guessing the name fit the server?!?! Anyway, I am happy to hear that you were taken care of by our restaurant and front desk teams! I'm sorry if the ice machine on your floor was noisy and I asked our maintenance department to take a look at it.
The next time you are in Orlando I hope that you will stay with us again!
Safe travels!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

after looking around for a couple of days, i came across a great deal to stay at this hotel, two nights for $200 including tax is pretty good in the summer. (free parking) We just wanted to getaway from the normal routine and celebrate a birthday. I had printed out my stay information but it wasn't needed, the receptionist kindly and promptly checked us in to our room. (same when we left) there is an elevator ready to take you to the upper levels of the hotel. the hotel is nice, clean and up to date. the room is not too big not too small perfect comfortable size for two in a kind bed. the bathroom is simple could be nicer but it does the job! we had a nice view of the outside on floor 7 and we did have ice available on that floor. we were visiting Universal and Aquatica and the hotel had shuttle service for both (many more as well), the waiting area is literally right in front on the left of the hotel, no need to go far! Another great thing was that we had a Walmart right down the street which we visited because we forgot our water shoes! there were plenty of restaurants and fast food restaurants nearby which was very convenient for us. Overall great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephanie,
We are so happy you chose our hotel for your fun birthday getaway! It sounds like you had a great time while in Orlando!
For next year's birthday, I hope you will come back and stay with us again!
All the best,
Lori

Reviewed 20 August 2014

we stayed here for the first ten days of august. I was thrilled from the first min i got there...Everything i requested was handled ... I love high floor near elevator and that is what i got.. was so pleased. The staff are wonderful. During my stay i had to to laundry.. i loaded the washer went to the pantry to buy some tide and they were out.....Now i have a machine full of wet clothes and a child sleeping in the room ... what am i gonna do the night manager Lovely who is so sweet ... told me don't worry she called bob the bar manager. He told me to wait at the washer he would be there in a few.. Bob ran to cvs and bought tide for me .. when i asked what i owed, he said nothing it was on the hotel.. I have never been treated better at any hotel... not even the waldorf in nyc. we loved it here...i,ve already made a reservation for 2 week next yr. the service the location the pool the hot tub are great..the breakfast is great .The room was spotless, the beds comfy..everything was great we loved it

1  Thank Ronald F
Lori R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Ronald,
I was "wowed" when I read your review... and I work here! Thank you so much for sharing this! Bob and Lovely are certainly two of our best employees at the Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld and I'm so happy to hear about the outstanding service they gave you!
Thank you for booking with us again for next summer! We will look forward to welcoming you back!