“my wonderful stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Orlando/ International Convention Center”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #53 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My stay at the Fairfield hotel was wonderful.Everyone was really nice there. Room was extra special. I didn't see any hair in the tub or bathroom floor. Usually when I go into a hotel that is what I look out for because that seems to be a problem at some hotels but not here. The location was a plus everything in walking distance for those who health conscious.
So my review here is I will tell my family and friends if their looking to stay at a clean and friendly hotel to please stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Orlando International Drive/ Convention Center.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Althea T
GMOrlando, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your willingness to inform others of your stay with us and your positive recommendation to friends and family. We look forward to their visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Conveniently located just six miles from all the popular theme parks. Very helpful, polite and warm staff members. Very modern and appealing decor. HotI breakfast free daily was excellent and enjoyable. Impeccably clean and new property. Carelessly leftt my purse behind upon check out and when I called to frantically ask the front desk if they could check for it they said that had it for me at the front desk. I was so relieved to find the purse plus everything was in its place,

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenC780
GMOrlando, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next stay with us.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Orlando Convention Center, the fact that it was newly renovated, was part of the Marriott family and had free wifi and breakfast. I chose the junior suite because to my surprise it came with a full granite kitchen. Often when I travel, I have leftovers from dinner out and end up having to throw it away with nowhere to reheat or store it. The kitchen not only allowed me to do so, but also kept snacks fresh and drinks cold.

There is even a dining room table, so you didn't have to eat on the couch. I really had no complaints about the room at all. My only suggestions would be to include a sponge to wash the dishes with (since the room comes with dish soap, it only makes sense) and move the toilet paper roll closer to the actual toilet. Unless you have the arms of an NBA player, you'll have to reach quite a bit.

All in all, Fairfield made my stay incredibly comfortable and I must say the restaurant directly behind the hotel, Charley's Steakhouse was AMAZING! This hotel does not have room service or a restaurant other than the free breakfast buffet, but there is no shortage of good restaurants in the vicinity which their staff is always eager to help with finding.

Also, this hotel does not have a spa which I rated below. There wasn't an option for N/A.

Room Tip: The junior suite is very spacious and priced right when booked in advance!
6 Thank JeniJen737
GMOrlando, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return visit.
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We Was There on a Business trip Last week. Had a Great time. There Was a group off kids on my floor. I didn't even know was there Not a sound of Noise.Me & My partner would like to say thank you to a young lady name Chauncey. Hope I'm spelling it rite . We was coming in the door of the lobby . She Greeted us by our name.I was Shock Because She Seen our Name tags so Fast. She turned our morning around into having a awesome day a very positive young lady made us laugh. We needed that Chauncey. The stay was great .I have to say the staff there is wonderful.We will make this our hotel when we come back for business. Thanks, Ron T

2 Thank Ron3445
GMOrlando, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return visit.
Northport, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I travel on business every other week. I usually stay at other hotels, but thought I'd try this one out as it was relatively new. Usually when a Marriott Gold member checks in, they receive a free bottle of water. When I asked the woman for the water, she told me no. They don't do that here. Then I went to my room. I had, had a warm bottle of water in my car, so I was going to put that in my refrigerator (all fairfields are supposed to have a minifridge). My room didn't. I went down to the front desk and the woman said oh, all the rooms are not quite ready.a yet they were able to charge me full price & half functioning room. Still no water... I go out to get myself a bite to eat & want to heat it up in my microwave (again supposed to be provided in all rooms) but no microwave in my room. now I can't heat my dinner, so I eat a cold dinner, drink warm water in my room. I tell the front desk & again "sorry".
I proceed to iron my outfit for the next day & the iron is broken. When I decide to call down for a wake up call, my phone hasn't been installed so no phone to make call....
The next day I check out & complain about the above events. I'm told "sorry".
At other hotels, they would have offered to switch rooms, give me a bottle of water, or discount the room since it wasn't a room they really shouldn't have been renting out...
This place isn't ready to be open & they need to finish the rooms before renting them out. They also need to hire people who are trained in hospitality.
I was very Disappointed.
Needless to say, don't stay here. Go down the street to the Springhill Suites, Residence iNN (both less expensive & give you a ton more & welcome you to the hotel), there is also the Hyatt Place & Homewood suites again all one block away down the street.
On a positive note - the soaps & shampoos they had in their room were made in the USA & were fantastic.

Room Tip: Verify that the things you value important in a room (phone for a wakeup call), minifridge, iron, et...
5 Thank M W
I am truly sorry to hear about your less than pleasant stay with us. While it is always difficult to be made aware of shortcomings with our hotel, it does allow us the opportunity to correct any mistakes for future guests. I would enjoy the opportunity to make the situation right with your less than desirable stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel by calling (407) 581-9001 and asking for the General Manager or feel free to email me at ffi.mcowf.gm@marriott.com. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We called and we were told they were by the Amway Arena. When we arrived we noticed the hotel was no where near the arena and the staff was very unsympathetic and like sucks to be you. They acknowledged the error and that was it. They said they're working to fix it. Big deal. Cab fair to the arena and back was $70. Very disappointed. We could have stayed at the Sheraton Downtown for the extra $70 cab fare cost us. The room also did not have a refrigerator.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Will A
GMOrlando, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry for the incorrect information found on a third party website that states we are close to the Amway Arena. We have contacted the website where you saw this information and asked them to remove the erroneous information and we remain hopeful that they will. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and we hope that you will give us another try when in the Orlando again.
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights and the hotel was very good. The room was nice bed very comfortable the bathroom was real clean. The breakfast was good. The hotel lobby was nice and clean decorations was nice. The only problem I have was the toilet overflowed but once we called they came right away. The only complaint I have was there was no microwave nor frigid but I still enjoyed the room/hotel. I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel. Great location also.Thumbs up for this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review and "thumbs up"! We look forward to seeing you in the future when you are in Orlando again.