Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Syracuse, New York
“Best place in Orlando”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you are traveling to Orlando it can be very confusing as to which hotel to choose. This Fairfield Inn; in my opinion, was perfect! Location and ease of getting places yet the road and area is not crazed like International Drive. It took us less than 5 minutes to get to Universal, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Wet and Wild. It is minutes from a Whole Foods! They have a great breakfast and the pool is adequate. We upgraded to a suite which I HIGHLY recommend if you are traveling with kids for an extended period of time. Summertime is busy, hot and humid; this was a great place to take a break in the middle of the day, swim without crowds and then go back out and be wherever we wanted in minutes in the evening. I am a hotel snob and I think give this a thumbs up. Look no more Stay here!!

Room Tip: With kids? Get a suite...unless they are really little. The kitchen and extra room is so worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank chrisnp50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed 9 nights on my honeymoon in this hotel.
I picked it due to positive TripAdvisor reviews, and TripAdvisor has never led me astray.

Pros
- clean, modern hotel
- quiet rooms ( 6th floor ), if you ignore the air conditioning unit noise
- free car parking, free wi-fi, free breakfast ( a help yourself buffet of waffles, muffins, bagels, cereal, eggs, fruit and some pork burger thing )
- dedicated attractions ticket desk in the hotel to buy the theme park tickets, and they seemed reasonable prices, not some in-house rip off.
- location is great, just walk across the car park at the back of the hotel to get to International drive and a very good variety of bars and restaurants. On Fridays there's a comedy night in the Sleuth club (murder mystery dinner night club) immediately behind the hotel.
- bus stop for theme parks right in front of hotel.
- less than 30 mins drive from the international airport
- ice maker machines on each floor
- microwave and mini fridge in the room

Cons
- Breakfast amenities can be a little crowded from 9-10am
- no restaurant or bar, but you've a very wide selection only a stones throw away on International Drive. If it's pouring rain, there's always local takeaway delivery services.
- no room safe, but that seems to be due to state law and there's a free safety deposit box at reception instead.
- I only required basic internet browsing (although I did upload 1Gb of Dropbox photos and videos). But if you require faster internet connections, maybe for NetFlix or the like, it was around $4.95 per day. As a techie I was quite happy with the basic connection.

I booked this hotel in February for a July honeymoon.
When I had to reschedule by 2 days due to flight changes, their automated booking system recharged me at June rates, but a quick e-mail to the staff solved that and they honoured the February prices. So they increase their prices nearer high season.

I was very happy with the location.
You only have to walk through the car park at the back of the hotel to get to International Drive, and there's a wide selection of bars and restaurants there, from the expensive Charleys Steak house, and all you can eat chinese, Pizza houses, Jamaican Grilles, TGI Fridays, Dominos takeaway for rainy nights etc.
Also there's a class crazy golf course for families nearby called Pirates Cove I think.

So, I'm happy to recommend this hotel.
I paid around $84 a night in February for a July booking.
I "think" it increased to $127 nearer the time, so it really does pay to book early if you plan in advance.

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor room, and got the 6th floor. Very quiet apart from the air conditioning un...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank OMcGovern
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights during July. The room is pretty "standard" but what sets this apart from any other hotel is the service staff. Incredible group of customer service professionals!!!

Room rates are competitive if not below market. Rooms are clean, and well presented. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. Truly one of the best hotel dollars I have ever spent.

Super easy access to Disney and Universal, local eateries and shopping if that's what you want to do.

The only reason it is not a 5 is parking. There is simply not enough parking for the venue. If you get in after 11PM, you will be hard pressed to find a parking spot on the property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I just returned from a great stay at this location The service -excellent, housekeeping - fantastic, food - a pretty good variety of run-of-the-mill items both hot and cold, only downside they didn't have any breakfast meat that was not pork, pool - clean and fun
We really enjoyed our stay and had NO complaints which is rare for us because we like to get what we pay for, hands down
We would definitely recommend this location and stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank crzy000
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We Asked for and received early check in. We felt room on second floor over main door would be too noisy, so they quickly agreed to move us to quieter room.Courteous staff, clean laundry facilities. Rooms clean and good sized. Breakfast better than expected. Good restaurants close

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat S
West Baden Springs, Indiana
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed there for one week: partly for a conference at the convention center, partly for vacation. Our1st room smelled odd when we walked by one bed. Due to late arrival then long day at Disney, it was the 3rd day when we finally figured out the smell: Urine. We asked desk for at least some air freshener until AM when they could switch us to a different room. No one ever came. In AM moved to 2nd room. Housekeeping only 1/2 cleaned room 1 day and did not clean at all a 2nd day. Desk assured us someone would be sent up. No one ever came. At 9:30 PM I finally went and they told me their housekeeping staff was done for the day. I asked to at least be given some towels and coffee, which I carried back to the room. Not at all happy about the front desk's lack of concern and telling me multiple times that the situations would be handled yet nothing was ever done. We felt like they would tell you what ever you wanted to hear and then do nothing... The manager did remove the charges for 1 night, but honestly, much more could have / should have been done. We normally love staying in Marriotts because they excel in providing comfortable quarters, friendly helpful staff and problem free stays. Can't say that about this facility. We will not stay at this facility again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank njslipps
GMOrlando, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Although we are sadden to know that your stay didn't meet expectations, we do appreciate knowing where we have failed to deliver the best service possible. Reviews such as your allow us to take corrective measures for future guest stays and we remain hopeful that you will give us another opportunity should you require accommodations in Orlando in the future.
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Was here for a quick, 3 day stop in Orlando to go to Disney and Outlet shopping. First impression upon arriving at the property. Overflowing trash cans in the driveway. This was at 3pm in the afternoon. Tacky. Motel 6 and Super 8's take note! Even 3 star hotels fail to take out the trash! Had nice people upon check in, and my room was ready and we went up. Nice room, though they only provided us with 2 towels for a party of 4. If you have 2 Queen size beds, please assume there are 4 adults, OR two adults with 2 children. Don't make the guest do the foot work and get more towels. We forgot our own shampoo at home, and I knew one of the small samplers was not going to cut it for 4 people. So, I went down to the front desk to get some. They had none!! Fail. Really, Fairfield? Okay, so we had a nice quiet night of rest, and left for Epcot at 8:30 am. We returned at 3:00 to a supposedly clean room. I assumed it was clean until I entered the bathroom and saw all our wet towels piled high on the towel rack above the toilet!! The bathtub was not cleaned, because my used bottle of hotel shampoo was still there. I found trash throughout the room also. I was livid. I attempted to call the front desk, but the phone was busy for over 30 minutes. I then called housekeeping, and told them what I found. Someone came up and straightened the room, took the dirty towels and re did the beds. She left TWO TOWELS in the bathroom!!! I again had to chase after someone and ask for more towels for the 4 people in our room. Then, I went downstairs to talk to someone at the front desk about this Marriott property and whether it was full service. I was informed that linens were to be changed unless the customer specified no. On other notes about this place....the breakfast is meh. The eggs are watery, the OJ is horrible..watered down and no flavor. The sausage is steamed, and tasteless. But, as they brag about, it is free, so you should feel privileged they gave you it. The parking lot is a joke. Don't be gone late at night, or you will have to park over in the restaurant areas behind the hotel with no lights and security. In short, the rooms are nice, the personnel are nice, the hotel is average. It really does nothing to distinguish itself from other hotels. There is so much competition out there that you have so many other options to choose from. Go to booking.com and get a room through them. You will be offered many choices of hotels in this class.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GeorgiaDisneyLover
Thank you for your review. Reviews such as your allow us to take corrective measures for future guest stays and we remain hopeful that you will give us another opportunity should you require accommodations in Orlando in the future.