do not listen to the bad reviews about this hotel, a lot of people need to get real and think about what they have booked, I don't need to do the good and the bad points as everything was perfect.
the hotel itself was spotless, I have read reviews that have said the there were no clean towels in the room we never had this at all we got clean ones every time we left the dirty ones on the floor (we were told to do this to get clean ones) the room had 2 large king size beds with table and 2 chairs, there was a microwave, fridge with small freezer in, flat screen tv, coffee/tea maker with supplies, clock radio with alarm, iron, ironing board and hairdryer, the room also had a free safe which is always a bonus.
the grounds of the hotel and the hotel were beautiful, there were lovely seating areas and the pool had a lovely waterfall where you could sit and chill out if you wanted.
the staff at the reception could not be any more helpful, I wanted a taxi to go to florida mall and the girl behind reception explained that if I got the number 42 Lynx bus it would be only 4 dollars instead of 40 in a taxi (try getting that help in the UK) the girl on reception came out in the mornings to make sure that everyone got on the correct shuttle busses you could not ask for more.
the shuttle busses were excellent they were mini buses and you booked them in the hotel and told the bus driver what time you wanted to come home, all of the drivers were very friendly and polite, if you don't want to sit and wait for 10 or 20 minutes for a shuttle bus, drive or get a taxi, most people like me pick hotels like this as they are not confident to drive in another country and getting taxis is out of the question because of the cost.
The desk in reception where you book the shuttle bus need to have a medal for the service that they give, I wanted to go to a show called Drip which is not one of the popular shows on Orlando as it is for adults and not kids, they still managed to get me tickets with only 1 phone call to their head office, the guys on the desk do a fab job but get very little praise.
there was things in the hotel that I didn't get to do due to being tired and there was so many other things to do, never seen the alligators , and didn't even have a drink in the bar but it did look lovely, the location is perfect and the trolley stops just outside.
finally I would just like the people who are writing bad reviews to stop and think before they do this and think, you are booking a hotel just to sleep in, not a hotel for 2 weeks where you spend time there, the hotel is not at the high end but it is in a perfect location, it is spotless with very friendly staff and it does not break the bank. I f you want the top of the range book a Disney hotel
the only small thing that I was not happy with was that the shop on site was shut every time that I went with a note on the window saying back in 5 minutes but there are shops straight across the road
book this hotel you will have a fab time and have a great holiday and do not worry about negative reviews xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando, Florida