“Not as bad as the reviews. *Detailed review”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I read the reviews and was hesitant to stay here. But price (Ifound a great discount site) and location ( International Drive) were right so took a chance. We were there 3 nights. We had a tower room. Thankfully we were on 2nd floor and could take the stairs because elevators were super slow. Check in was easy, everyone was nice. I didnt like that you had to have a room key to get into elevators or stairwell. Several times I had left my key and had to ask others to open it. BIG hassle. Room was huge and clean. Older yes and bathroom could use some updating. Pool area was really nice. Huge pool and hot tub. Tiki bar and plenty of pool chairs. They also had a volleyball court, a giant chess set, an Aqua massage room and a alligator exhibit. The Atrium in the tower was nice. Places to sit and enjoy as well. Now the bad..... No free coffee in lobby.$2.75 a cup..... for hotel coffee.... LOL!!! Coffee maker in room, But I get up way before the family and usually head to lobby to get coffee and hang out to not wake the family. Also the "breakfast buffet" is $11.99, didnt look that great and seemed like highway robbery. Only 2 people in the restaurant having breakfast. Why would you charge your guests that much? I did not understand that concept. Most hotels offer free complimentary breakfast. Day 2 housekeeping took our used towels and left none. We had been at theme park all day so when I got back to room I called....then waited.... after 30 mins we used hand towels to dry off then went to bed (12 am). Towels never came. Night 3, We needed a roll-away bed. Called at 11pm, they said they had one and they would bring it right up. At 12:30 am after I called desk 3 times and they kept reassuring me it was coming. I step outside and a housekeeper was walking by, I stopped her and asked about the bed. She said she had searched everywhere and couldnt find one. I was really frustrated. After being at the parks all day and no one called to tell me they couldnt find one.I talked to Manager at check out and all I got was.... I am so sorry, I will make sure these problems are addressed. A room comp or even a free night would have been great.
Customer service is everything! Especially when your guests pay a $7.99 a night resort fee!
Bottom line is the Property is nice with some perks. Customer service, not so much. Would I go back? Only if I could get the $58 rate I got this time. If I was paying $125 plus resort fee, probably not. Tons of Hotels with perks in Orlando competing for your money. Customer service has to improve to pay that much.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower, stay low so you can use stairs. Offer to go to front desk to pick up towels if y...
1  Thank SusanD1969

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel location is in a nice area but the rooms were not clean I had dirty linen on the beds and blood stains on the pillow cases was not at all comfortable with the cleaning service and on the second day after I explained to the front desk what was taken place I still had found blood stains on the pillow cases linen and cleaning people need to be more careful. Overall the hotel needs a new elevator had to walk 12 flights of stairs on Friday & Saturday left on Sunday morning 3-28-14-3-30-14

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The was a family getaway with me, my husband, my mother and my 11 year old son. We arrived at the hotel early and Glen was so helpful and able to check us into our rooms early. The pool is great and the alligator exhibit was to. I didn't expect the rooms to be as nice as they were for the price and I was completely amazed at how clean this resort was. It is located close to several restaurants and we did walk to Universal as it is close as well. All the staff we came in contact with were extremely friendly and helpful. This was a great getaway and we are already planning our next trip back to the international Palms Resort.

3  Thank Tanya W
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Tanya:

Thank you for your great review!!!!

I am so pleased your family left with such wonderful memories and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

If they do read the reviews here is mine.
Arrived on 03/27/2014 checked in and went to the room hallway was dirty & gross..kept going to the room, NOT LIKE THE PICTURES! NO SLEEP was on the highway side & then the next morning 8:00 am maintenance starts banging on pipes. Got a room change (Alex was nice) to the taller building with the Atrium nice, but there was a hole in the wall (took pic) and mold in the bathroom tile (took picture) and when we took showers the pipe banged and the hot water almost burned my daughter because it would not shut off!! then when we needed towels it took housekeeping 2 hours to get those to us we got them at 1:00am! The elevator NEVER worked and we had to go from floor to floor to find one that did. The day we cked out was Saturday and as I was standing in line hearing someone else complain the "computers crashed" so I turned in my room key & HOPEFULLY will see the "pending charge" of 50.00 taken off! I will also fight the hotel charge as well. The grounds are nice I will admit, but it fools you when you get "inside" the REALITY of the hotel.

Room Tip: go to the Hyatt!!!!!!!
1  Thank Leslie R
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Leslie:

I was so sorry to read about all the issues you experienced during your visit and I do apologize. I had engineering go to the room you stayed in and make the necessary repairs as well as informed our Director of Housekeeping of your issues. We did have the elevator repair tech come on property and I would ask that you contact the hotel and ask for the front desk to ensure your $50.00 deposit was returned

Although none of this reverses your problems during your stay, I wanted you to know we are making every effort to ensure moving forward, our guest will be pleased with a problem free stay.

Again, I do apologize, but thank you for your feedback. It is through both positive and negative feedback we will continue to improve and become successful.

Vicky P.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Lobby is deceiving.. Very nice but rooms are older. Elevators didn't work while we were there and my wife is 5 mo preg and had a broken foot walking up 6 flights of stairs was miserable. Kathy at the check in counter was awesome! Very helpful and friendly. The bartender, Jordan was excellent. We went with another couple and he makes the best grateful deads. Cool guy. The pool, alligator exhibit and giant sized chess board were awesome. Overall not bad for what we paid. We will probably be back.

• Stayed: March 2014

Josh:

Thank you for taking the time to give us the review. We need to know what are guest are thinking and feeling so that we can continue to improve our services.

I appreciate the comments about the great service you received from Glen, Cathy, and Jordan as well as the activities around the pool. We have just implemented an activities calendar and are very excited at some of the new programs and can't wait to hear the feedback from our guest.

I want to apologize to you and your wife about the elevators. Our General Manager is on this and working with the elevator company to ensure this does not happen again. I can only imagine how difficult this was for your wife walking up and down the stairs and please extend my apologies to her as well.

The rooms are older and we are working are renovations throughout the property. This is an ongoing process, and we do appreciate your patience.

I hope you do come back for a visit and would be excited to personally show you and your family around the property and point out some of the renovations we will have completed since your last visit.

Again, thank you for your review.

Vicky P

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I spent a wonderful time at this property. Everyone were nice to us, particularly Cathy .F the front desk lady. I got there very early around 9:30 am. Everyone was telling us that there was no rooms available at this time and that we should wait till 4p for our regular check - in time. At that moment miss Cathy. F went out of her way to accommodate us and suggested to provide us with a Temporary standard room in the mean time before our room become available at 4pm. That was the best suggestion ever. I thank you very much to make our stay enjoyable and I'm planning on coming back again very soon.

Room Tip: The room in the Tower are better quality. I stayed on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and that Cathy provided exception service.

It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

International Palms Resort

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great location, staff helpful, rooms ok, good for getting anywhere on I drive, would stay here again, hotel is being slowly renovated, will be nice to see the finish, carpark safe, and looks like a new coffee bar being made in reception

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Therese:

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and you are correct; we are working on many renovations throughout the property and appreciate that you noticed our efforts.

Thank you for your kind words and I will be sure to share your review with the staff.

We look forward to your return.