I read the reviews and was hesitant to stay here. But price (Ifound a great discount site) and location ( International Drive) were right so took a chance. We were there 3 nights. We had a tower room. Thankfully we were on 2nd floor and could take the stairs because elevators were super slow. Check in was easy, everyone was nice. I didnt like that you had to have a room key to get into elevators or stairwell. Several times I had left my key and had to ask others to open it. BIG hassle. Room was huge and clean. Older yes and bathroom could use some updating. Pool area was really nice. Huge pool and hot tub. Tiki bar and plenty of pool chairs. They also had a volleyball court, a giant chess set, an Aqua massage room and a alligator exhibit. The Atrium in the tower was nice. Places to sit and enjoy as well. Now the bad..... No free coffee in lobby.$2.75 a cup..... for hotel coffee.... LOL!!! Coffee maker in room, But I get up way before the family and usually head to lobby to get coffee and hang out to not wake the family. Also the "breakfast buffet" is $11.99, didnt look that great and seemed like highway robbery. Only 2 people in the restaurant having breakfast. Why would you charge your guests that much? I did not understand that concept. Most hotels offer free complimentary breakfast. Day 2 housekeeping took our used towels and left none. We had been at theme park all day so when I got back to room I called....then waited.... after 30 mins we used hand towels to dry off then went to bed (12 am). Towels never came. Night 3, We needed a roll-away bed. Called at 11pm, they said they had one and they would bring it right up. At 12:30 am after I called desk 3 times and they kept reassuring me it was coming. I step outside and a housekeeper was walking by, I stopped her and asked about the bed. She said she had searched everywhere and couldnt find one. I was really frustrated. After being at the parks all day and no one called to tell me they couldnt find one.I talked to Manager at check out and all I got was.... I am so sorry, I will make sure these problems are addressed. A room comp or even a free night would have been great.
Customer service is everything! Especially when your guests pay a $7.99 a night resort fee!
Bottom line is the Property is nice with some perks. Customer service, not so much. Would I go back? Only if I could get the $58 rate I got this time. If I was paying $125 plus resort fee, probably not. Tons of Hotels with perks in Orlando competing for your money. Customer service has to improve to pay that much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Splitty, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando, Florida