This hotel is not as grim as previous reviews suggest. Please don't forget, this is a 3* hotel. In my opininon, it is very similar to other 3* hotels that I have stayed at - don't expect the Ritz.
We stayed in a king room on the 11th floor in the Tower building. The room was large and bright and the bed was very comfortable. The A/C was very good but noisy - take your ear plugs for bed time! It can get quite noisy outside; noise from other guests returning to their room does tent to echo around the tower block.
WiFi worked fine in our room and there was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdrier and electronic safe. All were very handy! The hotel also has laundry facilities in a couple of locations it was $3 for a wash and $3 to dry, plus the cost of detergent.
The only problem we had with this hotel (apart from noisy A/C) was the lifts in the Tower block. One of the three elevators was out of service for the whle of our 2 week stay and the other two were temperemental at best. They were a constant source of frustration for guests and even staff. Walking up 11 floors was not fun, thankfully we only had to do it a couple of times.
All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. I can't praise them enough.
The pool area was clean and great for kids, especially with Aligator Alley. You can feed the aligators for a quarter too! The hotel keep the pool open until late (as well as the pool bar - make sure you try a cocktail!) so kids can go for a dip if you get back late from the parks. The spa is nice and big too so you don't have to get too close to random strangers.
We chose this hotel because it was one of the ceapest packages with Virgin Holidays. We have stayed at more expensive hotels in Orlando previously and found it to be a waste of money for the amount of time you spend there. The International Palms had everything we needed and the price we paid meant we had more money to spend while we were on holiday. If the elevators were more reliable I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando, Florida