“Pleasant stay at this 3* hotel”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #259 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel is not as grim as previous reviews suggest. Please don't forget, this is a 3* hotel. In my opininon, it is very similar to other 3* hotels that I have stayed at - don't expect the Ritz.

We stayed in a king room on the 11th floor in the Tower building. The room was large and bright and the bed was very comfortable. The A/C was very good but noisy - take your ear plugs for bed time! It can get quite noisy outside; noise from other guests returning to their room does tent to echo around the tower block.

WiFi worked fine in our room and there was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdrier and electronic safe. All were very handy! The hotel also has laundry facilities in a couple of locations it was $3 for a wash and $3 to dry, plus the cost of detergent.

The only problem we had with this hotel (apart from noisy A/C) was the lifts in the Tower block. One of the three elevators was out of service for the whle of our 2 week stay and the other two were temperemental at best. They were a constant source of frustration for guests and even staff. Walking up 11 floors was not fun, thankfully we only had to do it a couple of times.

All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and couldn't do enough to help. I can't praise them enough.

The pool area was clean and great for kids, especially with Aligator Alley. You can feed the aligators for a quarter too! The hotel keep the pool open until late (as well as the pool bar - make sure you try a cocktail!) so kids can go for a dip if you get back late from the parks. The spa is nice and big too so you don't have to get too close to random strangers.

We chose this hotel because it was one of the ceapest packages with Virgin Holidays. We have stayed at more expensive hotels in Orlando previously and found it to be a waste of money for the amount of time you spend there. The International Palms had everything we needed and the price we paid meant we had more money to spend while we were on holiday. If the elevators were more reliable I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The tower block rooms are bigger (than the dbl in block D that we saw) but don't go too high inc...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Chunky Monkey:

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you enjoyed our pool, spa and alligator alley activities, not to mention our friendly staff.

I do apologize for the issues with the elevators, but am pleased to say they are all in great working condition now.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we have the privilege of seeing you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,245)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We just got back home and I have to say that I love staying at International Palms in Orlando! So much to do around the resort, and walking distance to Universal. Rooms are older but good and all of the staff is great! Everyone greets you with a smile and a "good morning, afternoon or evening". The pool area is awesome, including the alligator show they have now, that was pretty cool. The best part... Imad, Juan and Kevin the Chef made our days hanging out by the pool really fun! Would definitely visit again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

YEAH!!!!!

I love reading a review that is so positive and shows our staff interacting with our guest.

Imad, Juan and Kevin are awesome and thank you for taking the time to mention them by name.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Overall, the hotel was a pleasant stay. Most impressive was the staff, particularly the bellman - Javier. Javier assisted us to our room and made our stay an enjoyable one throughout our trip. The room was standard but the lobby had nice amenities and the free shuttle to Universal Studios was great!

• Stayed: April 2014

I am so pleased you were impressed by our staff. Everyone here wants to ensure all of our guest are made to feel at home and special.

Javier is a perfect example of our excellent service culture and I'm glad he was able to add great memories to your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

You ask for it? You got it. That's how you are treated here. No matter what you request, consider it done. The bar and pool were great for relaxing. Kids were amazed by the alligator show, Had a great time without spending an arm and a leg.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jon s

John:

I am so happy you and your family had such an amazing stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we see you again in the not so distant future. Oklahoma isn't really that far away. :)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I generally spend little or no time in my hotel room when I am on Holiday. The bathroom had a leaky faucet which could be heard all night and there was no INTERNET (we were in the TOWER) it claimed to have internet but that was nonsense. I had to get up every morning and walk over to the main building to sit in the lobby and use my computer to research places to go and handle some "work". It was a minor frustration but if I had more "work" to do it would have been a very very big problem. My travel partner was treated pretty poorly by the cleaning staff and we had to go to the front desk to get clean towels.

The pool was nice, the breakfast in the cafe was ridiculously overpriced and not very good, I suggest skipping it… especially since there are so many other places to eat.

Overall I was satisfied, but things could have deteriorated FAST. I try to stay positive about everything, but I could see a stay here really making someone mental.

Room Tip: I would suggest not ever staying in the TOWER. The elevators were constantly down (thank goodness we...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I would like to apologize for the leaky faucet and poor internet. Please know we take all of our guest issues very seriously and I hope you reported both of these items to the front desk and that they were quickly resolved.

I am pleased you enjoyed the pool area and want to share with you we are working on refurbishing our resort on a daily basis.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experiences.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Myself and my two children, aged 7 and 14 years have stayed here for 11 nights and tomorrow we fly home to the UK.
We have had a fantastic holiday here, and the hotel is especially situated well for Universal Studios. It's a bit of a treck to the Disney parks but quite manageable.
Having a fridge and microwave in the room was great.
The pool area and hot tub are great too.
Overall our holiday has been made very special by the staff in the hotel.
They have all been so friendly, really welcoming. Thank you!

We have eaten very single day at the hotel, usually breakfast... And wow, what a breakfast!
WE WANT TO ESPECIALLY THANK GLENDA, SIMO AND MARY BETH in the restaurant!
Thank you so much the three of us have felt so safe, happy and welcome with you.
You have made our holiday.
My children loved everything from playing pool to being in the games room.
The food in the restaurant has been fantastic, and we will remember this holiday forever.
Thank you from Jane, Harry and Emily x

Room Tip: Block D suited us fine. Quiet and staff cleaned the room well.
2  Thank Jane T
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Jane:

Thank you so much for your excellent review!

I will share your comments with the staff in the restaurant and would have to agree with you that Glenda, Simo and MaryBeth are fantastic.

I am so happy your holiday was a success and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Getaway package. Our first room was big but the bathroom was not properly equiped for a handicaped person. The description of the room established that the bathroom had hangers but that was not enough. We asked for a change of room, that was fast and easy but we were accomodated in a smaller room in an old building. We were happy because the elevators in the main building were extremely low and the wi-fi was weak. But in this smaller and old room, every noise from the parking lot echoed in our bedroom, every loud conversation between the housekeepers was heard in our bathroom. This hotel was chosen because it accept 5 people in the room but we had to beg for towels, sheets and toilet paper. One staffer asked us to wait 15 minutes for a service and when we came back 10 hours later the service was not provided. In one occasion we wanted to sleep late and when the housekeeper came to the room she did not cleaned and said that her shift was almost over. One tile from the bathroom was loose and pouring water. The door of the room did not close properly, the door of the bathroom did not close properly. The remote control of the tv did not work properly. The lights in the room were poor.

It is sad because, they treat each other with bad manners too. I was at the counter asking for help when the employee called another employee, the other one screamed WHAT!, in another occasion I was, again, asking for help and an employee interrupted my conversation with this employee at the counter just because he did not know what to do with a piece of paper. Not even the employee from concierge or the car rental counter have straigh answers. Its location is great but I rather drive 10 more minutes and have a good night sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I apologize for your less than stellar stay.

Please know we are in the process of conducting some major customer service training in every department of the resort. For any of our staff to behave as you stated is completely unacceptable and I apologize again.