Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Would definitely return...”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #255 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
“Would definitely return...”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent customer service, especially the breakfast staff, Marybeth & Glenda.
The breakfast in the hotel was more expensive than some if the places on Int. dr, but well worth it.
The $4.99 breakfasts advertised in some places, such as the Great Western & The Ponderosa are awful!!
The hotel is centrally located close to Universal & Seaworld, with Disney only about 20 mins away.
Lovely hotel and pool area, although the rooms could do with an update.
Also, avoid the tower if you have children, there is a 4ft walkway when you come out your door with a railing and then a massive drop below to the courtyard! We were on floor 7, but asked to be moved and were given a new room immediately.
Lastly, the hotel will try to charge 'resort fees' at the end of your stay, which they say are for facilities such as fridges in rooms, parking, internet etc... Most of which is advertised as complimentary it free in brochures / websites. I complained and got these charges wiped off our bill.
I had one problem with a woman knocking on my door shouting room service at 12:30am one night, which was a security worry as housekeeping finish at 5pm!!! So be careful of this scam.
I would stay there again, the staff are so friendly and the hotel has a good atmosphere and reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2014
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased you enjoyed all our resort had to offer and glad to see you would return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cinderford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I'm not going to go over everything negative that has already been said in previous reviews e.g. Tower block rooms need refurbishing, only 2 out of 3 elevators work etc, because to be honest, for us it was completely irrelevant! On our first trip to the USA, we chose International Palms because it was affordable for a young couple, in a really central location, and provided free shuttles to ALL the parks! We stayed in room 7819 and yes, the bath tap had a drip going on, the cupboard door in front of the fridge didn't quite close and we couldn't get the hair dryer to work, but it just didn't make a difference to us! The fact that we were in Florida and had so much to do meant that the little things didn't matter! If we'd have paid hundreds more for a 4 or 5 star hotel then maybe the small things would have been addressed but we just aren't those type of people and were pleasantly surprised by our stay. Our room was clean and the maids are very polite, the beds are huge and really comfortable, the pool area is gorgeous and feeding the alligators on our rest days was a really cool experience! The majority of our holiday was spent at the theme parks and water parks and we just didn't find it necessary to obsess over such minor details.

Also, the service at this hotel is next to none - 5 star service in a 3 star hotel! All of the staff went out of their way to help us with anything, even the lady who works in the shop was always beaming and happy to see everyone!

This hotel is clearly old and is in the process of being gradually upgraded but it doesn't mean it should be put down just because of it's room decor. I would come back to International Palms in the future, and would bring the whole family too for a great Orlando holiday.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jessica K
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Jessica:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am so pleased you enjoyed all our resort had to offer and very happy you would be willing to come back and bring your whole family.

Also, thank you for noticing we are in the process of gradually upgrading our property and the excellent service offered by our staff.

Obviously, you took some time to write the review and I wanted you to know I really appreciate that you did.

I
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Good hotel, located on the InternationaL Dive, in Orlando (FL). Excellent location, very good daily maintanance and rooms' sevice. Nice staff! Pool, aligator's area, and many others good facilities. Very good to anyone, mainly to families with children. I recommend to anyone that wants to expend holidays or vacattions in Orlando. My wife and I expent 27 days (from the 16 th. of march to the 12th. of april, 20014 in this hotel and liked it very much. No problem at all. Good prices.

Room Tip: Block "D" - 3rd. or 4rd. floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sidney S
Sidney:

I am happy your stay was so good. I appreciate the kind words about the great location, nice staff, good pricing and our excellent facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we have the pleasure of your company again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel was the last leg of a week long trip. We had stayed at the sister property in Cocoa Beach and left to check in here. This property had many previous lives. Check in was prompt and friendly. Our room was in the Majestic Palm Tower. It was spacious and like the sister property it had a mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Our view was of International Drive. We were on the 11th floor. At check in we were given some coupons and a list of events at the property that included kids activities and Alligator feedings. Like the sister property there was a pool and a spa. The pool had a waterfall feature which was quite nice, felt like a massage when I was under it. One afternoon at the pool the hotel staff served root beer floats for free - yes they were small but it was a nice treat. The coupons we received at check in included a free signature cocktail from the pool bar and a free s'mores kit (4 marshmallows, a Hershey bar and graham crackers and a stick). Again, it was a nice treat. We did not see the alligator but some kids at the pool said they went in to see it. Cool for some who have not seen one person I suppose.

Like the sister property, this one also had a soft bed, which was not to our liking. The hot tub helped ease some of the discomfort from the bed. Water pressure was fine on the 11th floor. Only two of the three elevators worked and sometimes we pushed the up button to get one to go down.

We did eat breakfast at the buffet once with the coupon and it was okay but not great. There are IHOP's and Denny's and a Perkins along International Drive so you have choices. Parking was fine most of the time although as expected a bit more crowded on the weekend. Easy access to property from the interstate, not hard to find at all.

In this area it would not be my first choice of properties to stay at when I go to Orlando again but I wouldn't rule it out.

Room Tip: Near the interstate with lots of places that are walking distance from the hotel for food and shoppi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Renee:

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review.

Please know we are continually working on updating our property to give it a fresh new look and feel.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have travelled far over the years and stayed in all types of accommodation and this is the first review I have ever written. This hotel was a big disappointment. On our arrival, very late as our flight was delayed over two hours, it took forever to check in as a guy on the front desk was more interested in chatting up a couple of young girls. This is the last thing you When we eventually got our room keys, only one lift was working out of three. Just as well we were on a lower floor. We walked up the back stairs, and as my son described it 'like an old block of council flats. The room was tired and dated and needed refurbishing. Cleaning was not wonderful. I dropped a biscuit on the carpet and the crumbs were still there at the end of my stay. Not much hoovering there! The swimming pool area was good, but no shade from the sun around the pool, Not good when the sun is so hot, especially for the children. We were also charged resort fees which when I booked virgin assured me there were none. It took a lot of complaints the the virgin rep and the management to eventually get these removed. Nine of us went 6 adults and 3 children and the holiday cost almost £20k so were were expecting something a bit more upmarket. I would not rate this as 3 star plus. Still the flight (after the long delay) and the V room was great. Cannot fault virgin atlantic, but you need to look again at the rating of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
I am so sorry your stay was a disappointment. I wanted to share with you we are in the process of updating our resort. We are hiring more front desk staff and your comments about your check-in experience will be shared with the front office manager.

Also, the elevators have been repaired and I have informed housekeeping of your issues.

I apologize for the problems you experienced, but thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. We read each and every comment and use it to improve our services and our resort.
BLUFF CITY
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This year's experience was better than the year prior. The staff much more accommodating. However, the policy that your room does not have to be ready until 4PM is very much a sore point with me, as my wife and I drive 12+ hours to get there and difficult with timing of traffic, etc to arrive after 4PM. Upon arrival would just like to get into our room and sleep, freshen up, etc. However, it is currently not the policy of this establishment to not have your room ready, prior to 4PM. Not sure if your room is ready, you are allowed to check-in prior. but according to the front desk clerks, this year and prior year, they are not obligated to have your room ready for you until after 4PM. Other than that, a pleasant experience. Rooms in the tower still appear a bit dated, etc.

Room Tip: If arriving early, specify and see if room available upon your arrival, if not, you may be waiting u...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dale:

I am so pleased you noticed the differences from your stay last year to this year. We have been diligently working on updating the property to give it a new and fresh feeling and look.

In reference to the 4pm check in time. When it is possible, we will make some exceptions to an early check in. Unfortunately, if we were sold out the day before, we may not have rooms cleaned and ready for our guest much before 4pm.

If we are fortunate enough to have you stay with us again, please know you can call the morning you are departing and ask the front desk what the availability is and can you check in early.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review.
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Well where can I Start that was the worst trip ever, everything about the Hotel was lies. The first day we arrived they put us in the smoking area the rooms were dirty and needed to be updated, and when we finally checked into the right rooms, the carpets were dirty, no electricity, and there were no comforters on the beds for us to use! The days we were there they promise free breakfast that was a lie, the kids were coughing, sneezing and crying do to the dirty carpets, but I do want to say two positive for the hotel front receptionist Cathy was amazing she tried to make are trip as comfortable as possible for us she checked up on us, she help us get into the right rooms and she even recommended some places we can go to enjoy ourselves. Second the only thing they didn’t lie about was the pool, the pool was awesome that was the only fun part of our trip. International Palms Resort get ya’ll act together so people can want to come back!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank P M
Dear PM:

I want to apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay. I am pleased Cathy worked with you and that you enjoyed the pool area.

We are working daily on updating and refurbishing our property and I appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback.

Again, I apologize for your less than stellar stay.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels