Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed due to renovation.

“Pleasantly surprised - would definitely stay here again!!”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #259 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised - would definitely stay here again!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was my first time to Florida and our honeymoon. Obviously, I was very excited for the trip and wanted everything to be perfect. We actually booked the hotel through Virgin Holidays, a week before we left and only had a short amount of time to research the hotel. This was the first leg of our trip and we weren’t too worried as we knew we would be spending the days at all the parks (we are big kids!) We arrived at the hotel (we had booked transfers through Virgin from the airport) and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. It was a very easy check-in and were handed our keys to our room, which was in the ‘Tower’ that was not attached to the main building.

As I had never visited Orlando before, we thought this was normal. We then realized what ‘Tower’ they were talking about – it was very high but after the long flight we were happy to kick back and relax! When we walked over, I was aware at how open the rooms were, all the doors were accessible by anyone. We were firstly given a room on the 4th floor (out of 14), which I was happy with. The rooms were massive, but very dated, however for what we wanted it for we were pleased. After worrying that anyone could just walk up to the rooms, once in I felt very safe. The bed was very big (my husband is 6ft 4 – and he had a lot of space), we had a sofa, table, TV, safe, hanging space and desk with chair. The air con was quite loud, but needed as the window didn’t open, the curtains were lined, which again we were happy with. My husband went to have a shower but no water came out. We phoned down to reception and they sent someone over straight away. He was very pleasant and did the best he could to fix it, however he couldn’t.

The receptionist offered to move us straight away. As I was a bit wary of the ‘Tower’, I asked if we could be moved to the main building, we went to look at the rooms but they smelt of smoke, were quite dark and a lot smaller than the others, so we decided to stay in the tower. The only room they had was on the 14th floor, I was a bit wary of this, but thought no one would bother to come up to the top floor if they wanted to steal anything!! So we re-packed and moved up, I am so glad that the lift was working (other guests had said it had broken before). The top floors of the tower had undergone renovation, however I couldn’t see what had been done. The shower worked, the bed was comfy and the views were AMAZING!

We went down to breakfast the next day and did a bit of nosing around the complex – which was fabulous! Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet (charged extra) and the 2 staff that were generally always on (Marybeth and Simo (I think)) were always accommodating and friendly. They always put us near the window, even if it wasn’t their area to work in. They really made the stay lovely, and their knowledge of the local area was fantastic!

The Expedia local knowledge stand (where you can book excursions and park tickets) was a very good idea. Their knowledge of the local area and the amount of discount vouchers they had was exceptional. There were 2 of them that was very helpful and 1 that was always late in the mornings and from his lunch break. Our package included free shuttle to the parks – which was just AMAZING. We booked every night for the early one. The drivers were friendly and always on time. The meeting point was easy to remember at both Universal and Disney. The only other thing I would recommend, would be to have more locations for the Disney shuttle, as the only location is at Magic Kingdom.

All in all, I was very pleasantly surprised with the International Palms Resort as I had read a few bad reviews. Yes the rooms are a bit dated and tired, but you will either be there for business or to visit the Theme Parks, which means you are only going to be using it to sleep in. I would definitely stay here again, it is close to everything that you need when in Orlando and on International Drive.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Tower are much bigger than in the main building. The higher the floor you go, the bette...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
I am so pleased you were pleasantly surprised with our resort. We have been working daily on updating and giving our resort a fresh, new and clean look.

I will share your comments with Marbeth and Simo and agree with you 100% about their excellent service and knowledge of the local area.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review and we will look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hunt Valley, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The people here get it. They know what service is. They live service and it shows. From Rosine in banquets to Peter in maintenance (great humor by the way) I felt just like home. It's not everyday you experience this level of service. Thanks to all I had a great stay.

Room Tip: Use the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rosine and Peter are great and just two of our many excellent staff. We strive to have the best customer service in Orlando!

I'm pleased everyone was able to make your stay so enjoyable and I look forward to a return visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. It made our day!
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I would like to thank Adam and Mariabel for being so very accommodating. Their guest service attitude was well above average and made every day a pleasant one. In reviewing them with other guests whilst waiting in que, they were pleasant with all and treated no one differently. Gave everyone the same friendly quality guest service experience. Thank you and kudos to the two best front desk staff members there!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
I couldn't agree with you more about Adam and Maribel and I am so pleased you noticed their excellent customer service skills with every guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your review and I will share your comments with everyone.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Crazy good that is. Sad to say all the negative reviews about this property are unjust. Visited Orlando on business and stayed here 3 nights. Did not have the opportunity to use the pool but it looked great. Maintenance crews all over the place, clean room and great staff. Oldie but goodie. will be coming back. A special thanks to Patrick who helped me with my computer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you Crazy!!!!!

I love that we impressed you and you will be coming back. I will share with the housekeeping staff, maintenance and Patrick your review.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Miller Place
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel was next to all of the action on International Dr. The pool and grounds were very nice. The room were ok for a 1 night stay. The carpeting def. needs replacing in the rooms and halls. the room had a musty smell but, it did go away quickly. The employees especially Adam M were very helpful and nice. Some renovations in the rooms and the hotel will be much better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jpunkin13
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I am happy you were pleased with our pool and grounds. We have spent a great deal of time ensuring our guest enjoy that resort feeling when they are in and around these areas.

I wanted to share with you we are working daily on updating our rooms and hope our guest will note the excellent changes with each upcoming visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

our first experience of Orlando & we're not in a rush to go back. Firstly the hotel didn't have confirmation of our booking but we're dealing with Thomsons with that issue. The hotel breakfast staff, Marybeth, Glenda, Simo & Marcello were fantastic. Their bright cheery attitudes certainly made breakfast more enjoyable. Nothing was a problem for them & they couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast itself was good even if it was the same everyday. The omelettes were great. The bar staff including Rey, Juan & Imad were also attentive & helpful, a good bunch of guys. Now the hotel has seen better days, we were put in D block for our first night & were told this "was the most recently renovated part of the hotel", well I'd hate to have seen it before it was done up!!!! They should really be asking for their money back. The rooms are below basic & overall the hotel really needs a make over. We had to play a game with the housekeeping staff everyday, wondering if they would leave us any towels or how many they decided to leave. The best bit about the hotel was its proximity to Universal studios, Islands of adventure, wet n wild, sea world & aquatic, these were all within minutes of the hotel either by trolley bus, local bus or hotel transportation. I-drive itself was a bit tacky at our end, the places to eat are rotten north of Sandlake Rd but far better south of this intersection, I'd recommend the Brick House, Olive Gardens, TGI's & the Bahama Breezes.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mark c
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I am so happy so many of our staff made such a memorable impression on you. I will be certain to share your kind words with all of them.

Please know we are in the process of updating the hotel and are diligently working on renovations and giving our resort a fresh new look and feel.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. We value our guest's opinions and act on them as quickly as possible.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Excellent customer service, especially the breakfast staff, Marybeth & Glenda.
The breakfast in the hotel was more expensive than some if the places on Int. dr, but well worth it.
The $4.99 breakfasts advertised in some places, such as the Great Western & The Ponderosa are awful!!
The hotel is centrally located close to Universal & Seaworld, with Disney only about 20 mins away.
Lovely hotel and pool area, although the rooms could do with an update.
Also, avoid the tower if you have children, there is a 4ft walkway when you come out your door with a railing and then a massive drop below to the courtyard! We were on floor 7, but asked to be moved and were given a new room immediately.
Lastly, the hotel will try to charge 'resort fees' at the end of your stay, which they say are for facilities such as fridges in rooms, parking, internet etc... Most of which is advertised as complimentary it free in brochures / websites. I complained and got these charges wiped off our bill.
I had one problem with a woman knocking on my door shouting room service at 12:30am one night, which was a security worry as housekeeping finish at 5pm!!! So be careful of this scam.
I would stay there again, the staff are so friendly and the hotel has a good atmosphere and reasonable prices.

• Stayed April 2014
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased you enjoyed all our resort had to offer and glad to see you would return.