We are a family of 4 who have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel. After reading some of the reviews prior to our trip I will be honest and say that I had contacted our travel agent with a view to changing the accommodation, the reason I didn't was the cost, how glad I am now that I didn't.
The hotel is perfectly situated for the Universal and Sea World parks which were easily accessed by the I trolley buses that stopped right outside the hotel, wet and wild was also really close and with unlimited access to the park we walked there most days. We didn't visit Disney so can't comment on transport there.
The staff here are amazing and there wasn't one member if the team that weren't helpful to us if help was needed. We had a couple of small issues in the room but on both occasions the maintenance team were there sorting it within 10 minutes. The beds were clean and very comfortable and the room was the perfect bolt hole for us at the end of really busy days in the parks. The pool area and lobby were lovely, clean and appealing and the front desk staff were fantastic, always having time to answer any queries that you had.
The reason I haven't rated this hotel excellent, was the price of the breakfasts and beer. The only day we used the restaurant for breakfast was on a day that we needed to catch a shuttle to Busch Gardens and we thought this would be the quickest option. A big mistake it was expensive and not that good. The bar was also pricey. This wasn't a problem though as the hotel served all of our needs otherwise and the hotel is so perfectly located for lots of great diners within walking distance.
This was our once in a lifetime holiday to Orlando and it really lived into the dream, it wasn't the Ritz but if you are looking for reasonable accommodation with great facilities on an average budget then this place is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The International Palms Resort & Conference Center has temporarily closed to undergo a complete renovation that will include a branding change, remodeling of the guest rooms, lobby & dining facilities, pool area and 20,000 sq. feet of convention space. Renovations are expected to be complete towards the beginning of 2018. When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, meeting or event, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando on International Drive. Our resort is conveniently located in the heart of International Drive and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild and enjoy some of the best shopping in the world! With our Attractions Shuttle, Lynx Bus Stop, I-Drive Trolley Stop and Dollar Rental Car office, we have many ways to help you get around. At the resort, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool hot tub. Work out in our fitness center with an array of exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable locations, like the Front Street Café, and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual Coral Key Bar & Grill or Gator Joe's Poolside Bar. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of event space to meet all your needs. For great Orlando vacation deals, we offer an Orlando value vacation for your family or romantic getaway. We look forward to taking EXCELLENT care of you at the International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel and getaroom.com so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando, Florida