Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Pleasant stay”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #255 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
OKC
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Just spent 4 days at this hotel with me and my two boys. We had a wonderful time. Its located right in the middle of so many things to see and do. The pool was very nice and the hot tub felt wonderful after walking all day at Universal. We flew in and got to the hotel a few hours earlier then scheduled check in and I was very tired and stressed from the terrible flight we had to endure and had to boys that were starving and getting impatient, and the wonderful lady at the front desk realized I was not doing very well and managed to find us a room so that I could get myself together and that changed the whole dynamic of the trip.. Things just fell into place and they were all so very helpful. Our room was average.. If you are a hotel snob this is not the place for you.. but I think it served our purpose just fine. And my boys loved the gator exibit behind the pool that you can visit anytime.. We stayed in the tower side and it was clean, and excellent A/C and perfect for the small time we were there.. We ate at the hotel one evening and had chicken quesadillas (sp?) and they were fresh and amazing.. We took advantage of the coupons givin to us at the front desk and had S'mores by the pool one evening, had a free dessert at the bar restaurant of mango cheesecake which was awesome and I also got a free drink from the bar.. I noticed they were doing alot of carpet cleaning and painting to update the hotel and it was very nice. We walked across the street one evening to a place called Mrs. Potato for dinner and found a gold mine... You order at the walk up window.. I suggest trying a Rosti Potato, you will not be dissapointed, sat at the picnic tables and people watched and ate one of the best meals we had there.. You must try it... All in all, I would stay there again.. I've stayed in fancier, but also paid much more,, so you get what you pay for, its clean, the people are nice and we had no problems at all.. They went out of their way a few times to make my situation better and that is good service that I would return to anytime.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JDGOkc
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
I am very pleased you and your boys had such a memorable trip and that our staff was able to make your stay comfortable.

Thank you for noticing the painting and constant cleaning we are doing. We are diligently working throughout the resort to improve our appearance and our standards of customer service.

I will share your comments throughout the property and want to thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I won't be negative in a derogative manner about this hotel simply because we had an amazing time but I will give constructive critism.The last time we visited Orlando, I stayed in this hotel under the Holiday Inn chain, bearing in mind it was ten years ago, nothing seems to of changed, the staff as then were awesome, always on hand and extremely helpful,the rooms are the same as I remember them, excluding bed covers and the lifts, well they are very slow, and in need of an update
When we got to check-in I was greeted by a very friendly smiling receptionist, who couldn't of been nicer if he tried, I gave him my name, he then asked me if i wanted a low or high floor, I explained to him I wanted a room with a nice view as this was my daughters first ever holiday abroad and I wanted it to be the best experience ever. I was given a room in the tower on 12th floor over looking IDrive,the views were fab, especially at night. The bedroom was clean and the beds were very comfortable, I did find an amount of dust at side of old style tv and on the shelf of the bedside cabinet, I wasnt looking for it, I could see it when I made myself a coffee, the bathroom tiles are definitely looking very tired and in need of replacing as is the bath and furniture, other than giving the room an update the hotel is good value for money. The reason I chose this hotel was what it offered, FREE shuttles to all the parks, most of them provide shuttles to Universal but not Disney, this was a must for me as we wasnt visiting Universal on this trip, FREE internet access, an on site restaurant and FREE internet .
I would like to give PRAISE to ALL the STAFF of the hotel, nothing was ever too much for them to deal with, always smiling and very helpful
I do feel it a shame for the hotel that this area of IDrive is beginning to look tired and unloved, lots of regeneration has and is still happening up the other end, hopefully whoever is in charge of regeneration (local government) will look at north end of Idrive too. Overall my daughter and I had a very memorable holiday for all the right reasons, I would recommend the hotel to friends and family as a base simply because of the STAFF and its location, iRide stops directly in front of hotel and there is a Ponderosa opposite, I think people have to remember a hotel is just somewhere you rest your head after a long day at the parks, if the bed and linen are fresh and clean, then any other little niggles can be rectified and will be as I found out... One last thing I want to mention, the Gators, yes you will get to see Alligators up close in a very safe environment and be able to chat to and learn some interesting facts from thier keepers who are happy to answer your questions.
Thank you Palms, hopefully my daughter and I will return........

Room Tip: Tower room, IDrive view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Cojasmin T
Thank you so much for all your kind words. I am so very happy your daughter's first trip aboard was such a pleasant one and full of wonderful memories.

I hope we do have the privilege of serving you again in the near future and appreciate the fact that you would recommend us.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks with our 4 children.
The staff were really friendly and helpful with everything,
our rooms were cleaned every day, so we have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS .
Free shuttle to all parks, wet n'wild is 2 mins walking from the hotel, Universal is around the corner too.
Shops and restaurants are opposite of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Barbara K
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I am so very happy you enjoyed our excellent staff, clean rooms and wonderful location. We have been working very diligently on improving our property and I appreciate your noticing the differences.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review.
Málaga
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a two week holiday during Easter (April 2014). We had chosen the hotel through Virgin Holidays brochure and to tell you the truth we were very disappointed with the outcome.
Firstly, the locaiton of the hotel is ideal. It is surrounded by excellent restaurants and very close to all the parks and shopping centres. However, the hotel itself is much to be desired. On arrival we had to wait over 45 minutes to be attended. We arrived on a Saturday evening and only two people were on the desk. Once we were served we were told that are rooms weren't on the same floor and that the lift was broken. The hotel is divided into various buildings. One of the buildings "The Tower" is a place I do not recommend. The lifts have been faulty for quite some time and the rooms themselves are old and dark, Unfortunatly we were placed here. My father is over 60 so we complained and managed to get moved the next day. One thing I can definitly confirm is that the staff are lovely. They are willing to help, are kind and understanding, it is just such a shame that the hotel is so run-down.
Anyhow, we were moved the next day to a different building with working lifts. Our new rooms were Ok. However, again the whole building needs revamping. The carpets are stained, the lifts are ancient and dirty...etc.
The pool and gym are nice and so is the bar. We didn't have meals included so cannot say anything about the breakfast. Cleanliness wasn't fabulous, whilst we were there we noticed our room had not been vaccumed once and the gym could do with a dust and hoover too.

Room Tip: So if you are staying here watch out for the tower and mention anything to the staff at the front de...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rebekiya
I am pleased you enjoyed our excellent location and great staff. I apologize for the issues we had with the elevators over Easter, but they have been repaired and are no longer a problem.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I will share your comments with our department heads.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I don't get the bad reviews, maybe they are from foreigners ? First off, the location is just perfect! There are tons of restaurants, bars, and tourist traps around. The bus stop & trolley(which takes you up and down intl drive) is right outside. The hotel itself is very nice, my room was very clean & large, the beds were comfortable. I could see Harry Potter land off in the distance from my window. The pool area was really neat, they have a working hot tub, hammocks, lots of sunbathing chairs, and at night the staff made a fire near the pool. I felt safe even though I was a lone female in a huge hotel. I stayed in the tower which is sort of separate from the rest of the hotel. Only complaint was that it took me 30 minutes to even check in because there was only one front desk person, the place seemed under staffed and the ice machines only worked on a couple of floors but for 75$ a night, a great pool, clean, quiet room, and great location I can cope. HIGHLY recommended, I will be back!

Room Tip: I think the rooms by the pool are larger & nicer.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ohnanawhatsmyname
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am so happy you enjoyed our excellent location, clean rooms and fantastic pool area.

I apologize for the delay at check in and wanted to share with you we are in the process of hiring more front desk staff to alleviate that issue.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We are a family of 4 who have just returned from a 10 night stay at this hotel. After reading some of the reviews prior to our trip I will be honest and say that I had contacted our travel agent with a view to changing the accommodation, the reason I didn't was the cost, how glad I am now that I didn't.
The hotel is perfectly situated for the Universal and Sea World parks which were easily accessed by the I trolley buses that stopped right outside the hotel, wet and wild was also really close and with unlimited access to the park we walked there most days. We didn't visit Disney so can't comment on transport there.
The staff here are amazing and there wasn't one member if the team that weren't helpful to us if help was needed. We had a couple of small issues in the room but on both occasions the maintenance team were there sorting it within 10 minutes. The beds were clean and very comfortable and the room was the perfect bolt hole for us at the end of really busy days in the parks. The pool area and lobby were lovely, clean and appealing and the front desk staff were fantastic, always having time to answer any queries that you had.
The reason I haven't rated this hotel excellent, was the price of the breakfasts and beer. The only day we used the restaurant for breakfast was on a day that we needed to catch a shuttle to Busch Gardens and we thought this would be the quickest option. A big mistake it was expensive and not that good. The bar was also pricey. This wasn't a problem though as the hotel served all of our needs otherwise and the hotel is so perfectly located for lots of great diners within walking distance.
This was our once in a lifetime holiday to Orlando and it really lived into the dream, it wasn't the Ritz but if you are looking for reasonable accommodation with great facilities on an average budget then this place is great.

Room Tip: We stayed in D block, and it was fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Dave B
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
WOW!!! I am so happy you had such an amazing stay and thank you for all your excellent comments.

I hope this wasn't a once in a lifetime trip and that we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and submitting it. I will share this with the entire property.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was one of the budget hotels that was on offer at Virgin Holidays and after considering other options, we decided that it would just be a basecamp and we wouldn't really be in it often enough to worry so we'd use the money we would have put towards a better hotel to enjoying our holiday.

This really is, you get what you pay for. We were in the tower block and our room had no lights. There were three lamps instead which didn't provide much in the way of light, maybe hiding indiscretions elsewhere?

The room was tidy and the towels did get cleaned but we're not sure about the bed sheets. Having suffered a small cut to my thumb on the first day, I bled on the sheet slightly. The same stained bedsheet was on the bed at the end of our two week stay.

The bathroom has a very low ceiling and poor ventilation meaning between guests they just paint over the mold. There were some marks to the carpets in the corner too but they didn't looks too suspicious.

The TV was still a large CRT - I didn't know they still existed - and the reception was fuzzy but we didn't watch a lot of TV. On when we woke up and got ready, on just before bed.

Our worst experience was when we checked in and were told that there would be a $150 resort fee payable. Some of the other guests and I stood firm together and refused to pay it as it wasn't advertised in our package and thankfully the resort rep sorted the problem.

Staff were friendly(ish) but when discussing this resort fee the manager on duty was not helpful and very snide. Telling us we'd be paying it one way or another.

The hotel boasts free shuttles to the parks. They don't tell you that you have to book them three days in advance because they sell out - but if they are sold out, you can pay $15 to get a seat - but they don't bring a bigger bus. Instead its a free for all and anyone with a ticket and not a seat has to wait for the hotel to get a Town and Country car.

The hotel needs to disassociate themselves from Town and Country. We got in one of their cars to go the mile trip to Universal. The cab didn't have a meter and the driver was awful. When we got there we asked how much, he asked us how much we wanted to pay, when I said $6 (which is what the Yellow Cab Company had charged us for the return journey the night before), he told us it was $10. If you want $10, tell me before I get in. We shared words and never got into a T&C car again.

Location wise this is at the top end of International Drive, walking distance to Universal if you're so inclined (which we were) but Disney is about 40 minutes away and if you don't get the "free" shuttle it's a bit of a pain to get to on public transport.

This has been a lot of negative. There was no real positive but don't take that as this is awful. It does the job of being a room where you can sleep. That's all we wanted, but we probably won't return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil B
I want to apologize for the housekeeping issue you experienced and will share your comments with my housekeeping manager.

Please know we are purchasing TV's to replace the older models and again, I am sorry this was an issue.

I will speak with my front office manager about the way you were spoken to. It is certainly not acceptable and will be dealt with internally.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. We do take our guests' comments very seriously and use them to improve our services and our resort.