International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #257 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is the 2nd time that we have stayed at the International Palms Hotel. The 1st time we stayed in the tower, but this time we were nearer the hotel itself. The staff especially Javier and Jordan the barman, couldn't do enough for us, which we really apprieciated. Going back in September to the same hotel so that must tell it's own story.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

I love the story you are telling and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will share your comments with the staff, especially Javier and Jordan.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,246)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

An older hotel, BUT.....I have to say the service was wonderful...from the guest services reps to the barkeep in the pool area as well as housekeeping staff. These folks made our stay wonderful.
Thank you to Hector, Glen, Patrick, Johnny, Mike and Sanya....The pool area was perfect if you did not want to leave the hotel, hot tub and cool pool. They had great breakfasts at the hotel and it was good food. The beds were nice and firm, with good array of pillows. The room was clean. The folks that work here made our stay fun and relaxing. Thanks to all those named above will be back next time we have to be in Orlando.

Room Tip: ask to be upgraded to a king sized bed. They will accommodate if available. Many thanks for the se...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank dmcicco
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

I am so very pleased you mentioned so many of our staff by name and that your trip turned out to be excellent.

I will share your comments with the staff and thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review.

We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Believe me, I did all my research and had stayed at a few competing hotels prior to our family stay here. By far this property is the best value and vacation experience that we had in the Orlando area! Everything from the staff, the location, room size and cleanliness and the proximity to major attractions will make this our new "go to" hotel when visiting next time. The kids loved the spacious pool deck and they even have an alligator exhibit right there! The food was great and we also enjoyed the Tiki bar poolside. In short, everything we needed was right there. When you can please both the older and younger kids at the same time it' a no brainer! Thanks International Palms for a terrific stay! See you in August when we come back!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for the best rate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank familytravelers616
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

No, thank you. I am so pleased we scored 100% with you and your family.

Looking forward to your return trip in August!!!!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

So I have an annual pass to Universal/Islands of Adventure and I have chosen to stay at The International Palms Resort 3 times now. Why you ask . . . . BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME! It's clean, super convenient to the park and the staff is way cool! I love that I can walk out the door and be in a theme park like setting at the pool deck, which has an alligator exhibit (what!?), killer cocktails, a big hot tub and yummy food. I never leave the property once we get back from the parks because they have it all there. The rooms are spacious, our room had this unbelievable view, and all the little things you are looking for when you're at a hotel are right at your fingertips. I applaud this hotel - they went to great lengths to make our stay excellent and I doubt I would ever stay anywhere else in that area! Three thumbs up!!! ; ))

Room Tip: The higher floors in the tower have an amazing view and the atrium at the bottom is a great escape t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Velvet V

You are awesome and thank you for pointing out all the positive benefits of staying at our resort!!!

We all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very happy with the hotel staff, Maribel front desk agent was excellent great service A+ hospitality and also Irma from Housekeeping great service !!Great price I recommended and I will soon visit again, located in international drive was perfect to located suvenir and food locations !!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jashirar
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I would have to agree with you about Maribel and Irma. They both are excellent examples of the customer service we are striving to give each and every guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope this means we can look forward to a future visit.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We got a room on the top floor of the hotel "tower" floor 13.
Positives:The staff was friendly and everything was clean.
The negatives: Furniture needed updating, small corner window, lots of things looked old and broken in the building such as the elevator buttons and signs. The food from the restaurant was very overpriced ($12 for 2 hot dogs and a drink)
A side note, we were awoken at 9am for a fire alarm. Apparently it was a false alarm. The staff handled it well.
Overall not a bad stay if you dont have to pay too much.

Room Tip: Dont get placed in the tower if you have a fear of heights. The walkways 10+ stories up are only as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Seevert

Thank you for pointing out the friendly staff and clean rooms. I wanted to share with you we are working diligently on refurbishing our furniture as well as the entire resort to give it a fresh new look and feel.

I thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review. We value all of our guest's opinions.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in the middle of may. Having read all the reviews before travelling I was slightly concerned. After 9 hour flight and transfer we were greeted in reception by very helpful staff. They did not have our reservation from Virgin Holidays although I had a voucher but they were very apologetic and it was soon resolved. Whilst we were waiting we were told about the amenities at the hotel and details of the park shuttles. We were informed we would be in the tower and asked whether we wanted a low mid or high floor room. We opted for low and were on 3rd floor. Room was large, clean and had two double beds as requested, bathroom had a powerful shower although the curtain did leak at times. The light between the beds had a mind of its own and would turn off and although I reported it 3 times was never fixed.

We used the disney shuttles several times and always found them very good and the drivers friendly and helpful. Even when we were late one night we were fitted into the next one.

Would stay again as you dont really spend much time in the room you are out and about most of the time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank IpswichTractorgirl
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I am pleased you were pleasantly surprised. Thank you for mentioning your clean room and the good shuttle service. I apologize your light was not fixed and wanted to share with you that is highly unusual. Our engineering department is usually very quick to fix a guest issue so I will share you comment with our chief engineer.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and I hope we have the pleasure of seeing you with a future reservation.