“Good value and easy to find”

International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #261 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Good value and easy to find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Like so many others, I was slightly concerned about the negative views about the Palms, but I am very pleased to say that my own experience was a generally pleasant one, in fact my only gripe is that the internet on their computers was very slow as was the elevators. I too had a view of the trees and the interstate and the air conditioning machine looked a bit old but at least it worked. Other guests had more problems than we had but I cannot speak for them However, I have a few concerns about baby alligators being brought into eating areas and an alligator reserve on the premises, I know it's Florida but there are other places for them.
I also agree that external corridors with railings so high up is a safety concern.
Other than that, I would stay there again but would like to try others as well

Room Tip: Try to avoid the tower
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank madmalky
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am so pleased you gave us the opportunity to show you how much we appreciate your business. I do want to apologize for the internet issues. They are updating the internet as I write this and hopefully within the next few weeks, it will provide seamless WiFi.
In reference to our exclusive Alligator Alley, this is our small part of helping with Florida's natural habitats. The alligators are brought here either sick, injured or malnourished (I know, it's hard to believer an alligator could be malnourished, but it happens) and they are basically rehabilitated before being released in a reserve throughout various parts of the United Sates.
Not only does it give our guest and staff a clearer understanding of the alligators' environment, it serves as a teaching tool to help educate all of us.
I am pleased you would consider staying with us again and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were allocated a room initially that had a few things not working so asked for a room move which we were given quickly and also helped to move our luggage. Room had two comfy double beds, fridge, microwave, TV. Room is in need of a makeover but was fine for the time we were there.
The pool area was great though noticed pool could have been cleaner last week. Alligator Alley was interesting and staff very informative.
Hotel staff very helpful especially the Expedia rep. Hotel shuttle service great to the parks though could have done with slightly later addition from Disney. Hotel close enough to Universal to walk back. Good choice of shops and restaurants nearby and I-ride shop just outside the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank D R
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
I am pleased we were able to assist with your room move and that it went smoothly. I am also pleased you enjoyed our excellent pool area and the wonderful staff at our exclusive Alligator Alley.

Our resort staff aims to please and I'm happy they were able to prove that to you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we have the pleasure of your company in the not so distant future.
North Port, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We walked in and the lobby is very nice ... that's where it changes. We were put into a room in the tower ... 12th floor. It's got railings that are only about 3 and a half feet. I have no idea how people haven't gone over. You look WAYYYYY down ... it's open!! The elevators take forever to get to you. We waited 3-4 minutes every time. Carpets are frayed and dirty. The tv are tubes ... the internet is terribly slow. It's not in the best part of town. Nuff said, I'd NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: do NOT let them put you in the tower part. It's worse than an amusement park ride at one of the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PattyG12
I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are in the process of updating our WiFi and replacing the TV's with flat screens among many other updates throughout the year.

I appreciate your taking the time to write a review and will pass your comments along to the appropriate staff members.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Charlotte
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

So we just return from a cruise an stop in Orlando to visit we seen the IPR and decided it looked pretty nice and after being in cramped quarters on the ship we were just looking for somewhere nice to relax. We were given a room on the 11th floor in the tower which reminded me of the projects back in New Jersey. Nothing against NJ that's my home but this tower was ridiculous. The room was very dated and not very inviting. Upon leaving the tower after putting our luggage in the room we had to wait over 20 minutes for an elevator they have 3 but they were very old and the buttons were broken. Something told me on the way up that we were going to have problems with the elevator. Immediately when we arrived on the bottom floor I asked to have our room moved to a two level building (a,b,c) and they moved us. We were not going to wait to it getting to the point where we would have to climb 11 floors. We then arrived in the new room in the c building poolside and right by the pool entrance. The air conditioner was super loud had to get the maintenance guy to check it out. He did and was super nice he replaced the whole unit. While he was there I noticed a few drops coming from the ceiling I brought that to his attention and he said he would check it out that it was water coming from the ac unit above. Meanwhile the ac is now very quiet but now we hear the slamming of the pool gate all night long. Needless to say the maintenance guy never checked the leak that was coming from above and by the morning we had 6 leaks coming from the ceiling. We used 2 trash cans,our ice buckets and the cups we were given in the room to collect the drops from the ceiling to keep from further soaking of the floor. I called for the manager to come to the room in the morning because we were supposed to stay 2 days but there was no way I was staying another minute. The front desk was clear that I wanted the hotel but sent the housekeeping manager instead. She looked at the leaks and immediately understood our dilemma she also agreed this was unacceptable and said she would send the GM over. After waiting almost an hour for the GM I called the front desk to see what the hold up was I was transferred to the GM who told me she would not be coming to my room because of an ankle injury. WOW was anyone going to ever tell us?! Anyhow she refunded our money and when we went to the front desk Kathy ,front desk clerk, knew our reason for being there as she was the same person that checked us in. She was so very nice she tried and tried to find us other rooms to move to and we did go and check the rooms out but they were horrible, smelly, stained and again dated. It's hard for me to understand how they could have the nerve to list themselves as a resort when they look like nothing but a cheap motel. I hope anyone that thinks about staying here reads these reviews and takes this into serious consideration. We will never be staying there again!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Deesa469
Port Jefferson Station, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

this hotel is so outdated, there was water damage on the ceiling an was kinda repaired then followed by a crack in the ceiling for the whole lengh of the room and covered up by popcorn ceiling.
bathrooms totally outdated - no window and vent didn't work
pool and hot -tub - a ring around the edge of both at water level I guess is sweat and and left over body debis. - not cleaned

elevators - awful - so old I was so scared herd a banging noise - so decided to take the stairs for the rest of the stay -owe and not vented as well thank god only on the 2nd floor.

restaurant at hotel - no ketchup or maple syrup on the table and its a buffet - ordered coffee and waiter didn't even give me a coffee cup.

parking lot - lighting is terrible

shuttle bus on premises - have to order it 2 days in advance its 1st come 1st serve.

room view - was the dumpsters

I was so discussed with this hotel and would highly recommend not to chose it - so may more hotels on the same street - international dr Orlando fla

I would never recommened anyone staying there

Room Tip: do not book a room at this hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank vera w
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I do apologize for your less than stellar stay and will share your comments with the department heads at the resort.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for 16 nights from the 19th June - 5th July 2014 and travelled with Virgin holidays. This hotel is basic but ideal for a holiday when most of the day will be spent in the theme parks. We stayed in the tower on the 12th floor with a view overlooking Universal Studios. At first the room seemed a little dark but we got used to it and rather liked the room even though it was quite dated. It was very large with a king size bed, sofa, microwave, fridge, TV, air conditioning and hairdryer. The Air Conditioning was a little loud but we switched it off at night so it didn’t bother us. The shower is a little fiddly to work and not very powerful but was OK. The room was clean and towels were replaced everyday. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Out of the 3 lifts only 2 were working throughout our stay but they weren’t particularly slow. The hotel lobby and pool areas are lovely and well maintained. The hotel has a handy shop in the main lobby that is very reasonable and a breakfast shop opposite. The hotel has Wi-Fi but it wasn’t very good in our room and often couldn’t find a connection and when we did it was intermittent at best, this could have been down to the location of the room though.

The hotel offers free shuttles to Disney, Universal Studios and Seaworld, which is why we chose this hotel. For the first week the shuttles were great but had limited space. From the 1st of July they changed shuttle companies to make space unlimited and only needed to book the day before, however this came with problems as the Disney shuttle was very popular. The bus drops you off and picks you up at Epcot in Disney, which is fine, but the last bus at 10.30pm is very popular due to the fireworks, this meant that more people turned up for that time than they sent shuttles for. The first day the shuttle driver let 2 people sit in the boot as the van was full and the next time we used it people had to stand. Hopefully this was just teething issues and will get better with time as the service is very good with shuttle times of 8.15am, 9.45am and 11am to Disney.

Overall the hotel is very good but basic and in need of renovating, it is clean and confortable with all the necessary amenities and I would stay here again. The tower room we stayed in was very nice with an excellent view so cannot complain on that front.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lauren_b1993
I want to thank you for mentioning our lovely pool area and clean rooms. I'm happy your stay was enjoyable and that you would consider coming back.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to your next visit.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just back from intl palms. Booked a room in the tower block as they are very spacious. Asked for a refurbished room, so new carpets etc. all lifts working fine, room service always responded when we requested . Pool area has new beds nd chairs too. Grt alligator show for children nd adults too. I ride outside services I drive. Buy weekly passes. Lynx 42 grt for Florida mall. Lots of new restaurants opened locally too. Will be back ASAP.

Room Tip: Didn't pay the daily resort chg as we didn't use carpark, free buses etc. normal wi fi fine
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Louise L
Thank you for mentioning all the positive things our resort has to offer. I'm pleased you and your children enjoyed the pool and our exclusive Alligator Alley.

I'm equally as pleased you will be back ASAP and thank you for taking the time to write a review.