International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #261 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Be aware”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Arrived here 4days ago and was told we were in D block we mentioned that we had asked for the tower and was told by a very unfriendly person on reception called Michael that we couldn't have.the tower as the hotel was full basically he could not be bothered he should not be in a customer facing job as his attitude is appalling so be aware if you are waiting in line and you get him at check in. We looked at our room in D block and went back and spoke to a very nice guy called Rodney on reception that gave us the keys to look at rooms in the tower that were available as the hotel was not full as per the tale told by Michael. Anyway to cut along story short we eventually stayed in D block and have been fine although the first impression is not very good but the location of the hotel is amazing. Be careful at the pool bar as the staff there put their own tip on even though all they do is pull the drink I queried the cost as a beer is 3.75 dollars plus tax and I was charged 9 dollars when I asked why I was told it was tax and gratuity I said I would decide if I wanted to pay a gratuity and the cost was now 7.99 I don't mind tipping if it was waiter service but it certainly wasn't I think if you don't say anything they are just making. Money for themselves but apart from these little hiccups we are having an amazing time also if you have a problem with anything a lovely lady called Vicky is a really good person to speak to she sorts everything if she can so if you are expecting five star luxury this isn't the hotel for you if you can see beyond your tiredness when you arrive and close your eyes to the walk ways etc then you will be fine on another note the air con is very old and noisy and on arrival we were told that there was fifty dollars a room changed to my credit card and if I didn't,charge anything to the room it would be recredited on departure when I queried this I was told it was hotel policy and it would take ten days to go back on my card so you can in theory lose money for no reason sorry this is a bit jumbled but I am on my sun bed round the pool which I have to say is lovely

Have a great holiday and look beyond the first impression and remember it is only a base the restaurants on international drive a great

Room Tip: Not sure here is a good room
2 Thank Val S
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I apologize for some of the issues you experienced, but I do want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to fix the problems while you were still here.

We are diligently working on refurbishing the resort to give the entire place a fresh new look and feel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glendale Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed for 4 nights with a groupon and it was worth it for the pool and deck. We stayed on the first floor in building D right by the entrance to the deck. The waterfall, spa, outdoor bar, table and chairs, and plants were great.

The room was fine with a fridge and microwave. The only problem we had was there was either a leak in the wall from the rain or the air conditioner and my dirty clothes got soaked. The maid service wasn't perfect as they didn't completely pick up the bedding, towels, or ice tray. The front desk was very nice and helpful. Nothing but coffee and tea in the room was complementary but the cafe and restaurant had good food. I would come back if we got a similar pricing deal.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jenny K
I am so pleased you would consider coming back. Thank you for mentioning our great front desk staff and thank you for taking the time to write a review.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We got a great deal on this hotel, so really can't complain.
Best part: The location is wonderful, on I-drive walking distance to lots of fun stuff to do and eat. The rooms were actually very nice - we were over in the courtyard, separate tower and the room was HUGE. But ... we were so far away.We were traveling in a group and our rooms were nowhere near each other. Which is less of a big deal in a smaller "resort" but this one is pretty spread out. The pool is much smaller than you might expect but there were indeed baby alligators on exhibit. It was nice to have a place to park your car but even factoring that in I still didn't think the $7 per day resort fee was justified. Those resort fees are just a way to make the room price LOOK better because they add that on after you've done your price comparisons. I resent all hotels that do this. Charge what you need to charge and let us make a comparison based on our priorities!

The lobby was sort of 'cheap' and uncomfortable. Hardly anywhere to sit. The folks at the desk were nice, though.

The worst part: the elevator at the courtyard tower. If I hadn't been willing to walk up and down 8 floors - including with my luggage -- I'd still be waiting there.

Room Tip: The rooms in the courtyard tower were nicer, larger - but the elevator was a problem.
1 Thank Hobnob_Hobo
Thank you for mentioning our centralized location and I am pleased the front desk staff took such good care of you.

I do appreciate your taking the time to submit a survey.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Trying to maintain a positive view about this place, but the cockroach I just found crawling in the bathroom is too much! Initially, we were so excited to find such a great deal on groupon we booked for multiple nights. The lack of hot water, dirty room, and roaches for roommates has us searching for a new hotel at the moment.

3 Thank Alexandra M
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay, but thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Travellers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Sunderland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed in this accommodation back in June this year. Requested room in tower block which was not provided, room given in one of units across from the tower block which annoyed a little more. On arrival door lock had been broken and in room safe was not working, reported and was advised someone would be around to sort out both. I am still waiting!! The next night we had an overflowing toilet which would have flooded the room had it not been for quick actions of my husband to stop this. Waited almost half an hour for someone to look into it. When maintenance eventually arrived they didn't have a clue and actually almost flooded the room themselves. After approx an hour the toilet was eventually sorted but request for clean towels meant another lengthy wait for these to arrive. We had stayed in this hotel before, finding it to be okay to return to but after this recent visit never again unless only place left on international drive. Room wasn't of the cleanest standard, not what was requested and reception and maintenance staff appeared as if we were creating them work when the problems arose. The staff were not even sympathetic on check out and simply wanted our cheque to be paid and for us to leave. Like I said, will not be returning.

Room Tip: Don't visit, choose another hotel. If you do go insist on a tower room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Julie_B8965
I am so sorry you had the issues you mentioned and will share your comments throughout the resort with each department manager.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feelings.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed her this past weekend for a reunion. It was clean and spacious. Yes, it is older, so it could benefit from remodeling. I primarily used it for showering and sleeping. I didn't use the pool or visit the alligator show. We did eat breakfast at the cafe. I did have one major complaint and two minor complaints. I cranked the a/c down to 64F, but the room just barely felt cool. When I used the sink and shower, they filled up and were slow to drain. However, they did drain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
I appreciate your mentioning our clean and spacious rooms and will share your comments with our engineering department.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review.
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staf was great when I checked in. They were very informative about everything surrounding the hotel. I wasn't aware of how many thing the hotel had to off on the property. The location was good. A lot of restaurants and other activities are close by. There is a Fuddruckers about a mile from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
I am so happy our staff showed you what fantastic customer service we can deliver and I would have to agree with you about our excellent centralized location.

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and I hope we see you with a future reservation.