International Palms Resort & Conference Center
US$129
US$285
US$222
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$213
US$177
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Hotels.com
US$516
Travelocity
3,249 results
All reviewsinternational drivealligator alleypool barfresh towelsbit datedfridge and microwavecoffee makersea worldgift shopparksgatorsponderosafloridatrolleythemeironbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in September 2011 for my daughters 3rd birthday. We asked when booking for a re-decorated suite as on there web site it stated some rooms had been upgraded and updated. Well I didn't see it. Room had cobwebs dirt on carpet. And sheets were not changed everyday, we marked a sheet with a pen to check after housekeeping had left the same sheet was still there. Would not return anytime soon. If you have to ask for your sheets to be changed in your room it's only down hill from there.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Brendan D
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

I do apologize for the issues you experienced. We do a full clean on the rooms every 4th day. The days before that include making the beds, taking out the trash and cleaning the bathroom. I am sorry that was not explained to you at check in.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We read each review and share the comments with the entire staff throughout the property. Feedback, both positive and negative will only assist us in improving on a daily basis.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We booked this hotel online thinking that it would be wonderful as it looked so in the pictures. We were terribly wrong. The staff were not helpful or even slightly cheerful at all. The room was much more dated and dirty compared to the pictures online. When we tried to speak with the front desk about our room (the bathroom looked as though it had not been cleaned prior to our check in), the girl helping us just stared at us and said sorry and kept staring. Really? Do not waste your money here unless you are simply in it for the location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank bee9993
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

I am sincerely sorry for the lack of customer service you experienced. Please know this will be addressed immediately.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

After our 14 day stay here (July 3 - July 16 2015) we were requested to send a review, but as yet they have not bothered to reply. The whole place is very tired, with customer service being a very low priority. There are plenty of good bars and eateries close by, which is a bonus because there is no decent resturant at the International Palms, and the Bar is awful. Our room was left unlocked with the door wide open after the room was srviced. We complained but we never got any feed back, and certainly no appollogy. The pool is ok, the sun beds are of poor quality and not many of them.

Room Tip: Book else where!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan N

I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay here. Please know I will share your comments with all of my department heads.

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

First of all, as the title suggests, the International Palms is ideally situated at the North end of I-Drive, overlooking Interstate 4, so is perfect as a base to explore Orlando.
For the theme parks, it is 2 minutes walk to Wet n Wild, 20 mins walk / 5 minute drive to Universal, approx. 15 minute drive to SeaWorld/Aquatica/Discovery Cove and 20 minute drive to Disney, but all are covered by courtesy buses from the hotel if required.
The facilities are pretty basic to be honest. The rooms are dated and definitely not ideal for anyone staying more than a couple of days due to the lack of clothing hanging/storage space. The cleaning around the hotel, rooms included, was not particularly thorough, especially the corridors. The food and drinks from the bars were acceptable, nothing more. There is a small place directly opposite the hotel (I think called 'World Cafe') that does very nice food at reasonable prices.
Beware of the extra daily charge when booking in and insist that it is removed from your bill.
The pool area is pleasant, but gets a bit busy at weekends.
Would I stay here again? No, there are far better hotels within the immediate area, particularly Rosen Inn next door.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main 'tower' are slightly bigger
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I want to thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review and mentioning our great centralized location.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Arrived here 4days ago and was told we were in D block we mentioned that we had asked for the tower and was told by a very unfriendly person on reception called Michael that we couldn't have.the tower as the hotel was full basically he could not be bothered he should not be in a customer facing job as his attitude is appalling so be aware if you are waiting in line and you get him at check in. We looked at our room in D block and went back and spoke to a very nice guy called Rodney on reception that gave us the keys to look at rooms in the tower that were available as the hotel was not full as per the tale told by Michael. Anyway to cut along story short we eventually stayed in D block and have been fine although the first impression is not very good but the location of the hotel is amazing. Be careful at the pool bar as the staff there put their own tip on even though all they do is pull the drink I queried the cost as a beer is 3.75 dollars plus tax and I was charged 9 dollars when I asked why I was told it was tax and gratuity I said I would decide if I wanted to pay a gratuity and the cost was now 7.99 I don't mind tipping if it was waiter service but it certainly wasn't I think if you don't say anything they are just making. Money for themselves but apart from these little hiccups we are having an amazing time also if you have a problem with anything a lovely lady called Vicky is a really good person to speak to she sorts everything if she can so if you are expecting five star luxury this isn't the hotel for you if you can see beyond your tiredness when you arrive and close your eyes to the walk ways etc then you will be fine on another note the air con is very old and noisy and on arrival we were told that there was fifty dollars a room changed to my credit card and if I didn't,charge anything to the room it would be recredited on departure when I queried this I was told it was hotel policy and it would take ten days to go back on my card so you can in theory lose money for no reason sorry this is a bit jumbled but I am on my sun bed round the pool which I have to say is lovely

Have a great holiday and look beyond the first impression and remember it is only a base the restaurants on international drive a great

Room Tip: Not sure here is a good room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Val S

I apologize for some of the issues you experienced, but I do want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to fix the problems while you were still here.

We are diligently working on refurbishing the resort to give the entire place a fresh new look and feel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.