International Palms Resort & Conference Center
Ranked #259 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Third stay at this hotel. Tower block in need of updating still. One lift constantly out of order. Main hotel rooms a lot better.

Staff very friendly.

Excellent central location.

Great free shuttle buses to parks. Lack a little organisation as over booked on many occasion.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jem007FA40
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

I am so happy to read this is your third stay with us and thank you for your loyalty.

We have been hiring and training new staff and I'm pleased their excellent customer service skills were acknowledged by you.

I would have to agree with you about our excellent location and apologize for some of our complimentary shuttles being overbooked. We have a new transportation company and they are in the process of working on correctly booking the shuttles. The good news is we are able to accommodate more of our guest with this new service so I look forward to 100% customer satisfaction with this service.

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to visit number four!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,245)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel is in a good location with lovely facilities for the price and is generally well maintained.On check in the reception staff were friendly , knowledgeable and efficient
However , we arrived in our room to find the bedding unchanged and pillows reeking of BO
On request , the management agreed to "deep clean" the room and replace bedding and pillows but the maid was only instructed to change the pillow cases . Eventually bedding and pillows were changed after three days but by then the toilet had blocked and overflowed . At least this problem was resolved quickly by maintenance and the bathroom given a decent clean.
The alarming thing was that the reception staff were not surprised at the bedding problem and the blocked toilet appears in other reviews .
Its a shame because the pool area is lovely with a live alligator compound/shows next to it and nice bar by the pool
We were in Block D which is recommended because it has had a recent refurb
Also the parking lot is very poorly maintained with the surface breaking down in areas

Room Tip: Block D is supposed to be best because of recent upgrade and good size room but the tower apparently...
1  Thank 14garibaldi
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am truly sorry you experienced the issues you did. We are working diligently to improve our resort on a daily basis and we take our guest reviews very seriously.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I will share your comments with my entire staff.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

On walking into the hotel foyer i thought...yes this looks ok, a bit dated but still ok....alarms should have rung as 3 people were complaining and cleanliness and things not working!
Our safe didnt work, our tv didnt work, bathroom was cruddy and so so old. The block our room was in was like a ghetto out of the 1950s. The shuttle bus to the parks, although free, were never on time. Waiting for the 10.30 pm bus back to the hotel from Disney it was obvious it wasnt coming by 11.00 so another of our party rang the hotel and was told to take a taxi and they would pay on our arrival back, one problem there was 24 of us!!! They sent the shuttle for us, no apologies. Children were asleep on the pavement for goodness sake because they were so tired!! Location wise it was perfect but i think it needs more than one good point to make me want to go back again, terrible

Room Tip: dont go, book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank dawn0079585
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I will address your comments with the owner of the shuttle company and your remaining comments with my department heads.

We are working daily on updating the resort and we value our guest comments.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Ever book a hotel room (like in Vegas) and say "well we aren't going to be spending that much time in the room anyway"? Do not think that when booking this hotel. Photo's looked nice, reviews were average, it was very close to our park destination and on I Drive in Orlando. Never again. As a Floridian I am ashamed that this hotel is representing us to our tourism clientele. We booked this hotel for 2 nights, as we were taking the kids to the theme parks. It had a pool and it advertised "nightly s'more and movies by the pool". Negative. When we checked in the lobby looked very nice. I had paid for 2 pool-side rooms. When we got to the counter I was told that they were at sold out capacity, therefore not only could we not get adjoining rooms but we could not get our pool side rooms either. They put us in a "tower suite". Allow me to begin our experience: the tower was a run down open atrium building adjacent to the actual hotel. Very run down, very dirty. Our room was one of those rooms where you need to keep your shoes on...carpet heavily stained and sticky. Furniture did not match, tube TV's, pubic hair in the shower(and on the shower curtain), dried blood on the bathroom door, broken tile in the shower as well as moldy grout. The bathroom door did not shut properly due to the fact that it had obviously been painted over 4 or 5 times. I could tell(from all of the scratches and dents) that as it was once pink, baby blue, white and brown. Hangers in closet were rusted, I would not hang anything on them due to the fact that they may stain my close as well as give me tetanus. The mattresses were beyond hard. We kept waking up in the night because they literally were that uncomfortable. My husband is a heavy sleeper that can sleep through virtually anything and he kept waking up.
We went to explore the pool and hotel with the kids: every public bathroom in the hotel was filthy. The staff in the bar had a "I-just-don't-care-anymore" attitude. This I am quoting from the two bartenders who were talking to each other in front of not only the manager but the bar patrons as well. I will have to say, it did work to my advantage when I ordered my Goose and soda as I was poured a half a tumbler of vodka.
Again, I am so very disappointed. I was not expecting the Ritz but I was expecting to sleep in a clean room or even one that looked like the pictures they advertise. The low price is not worth the horrible experience.

Room Tip: Try to push for the pool side rooms, they may be cleaner.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Vicky P, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I do apologize for all the issues you experienced and will share your comments with our department managers.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your stay with us and allowing us the opportunity to address each and every concern.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Super value for money !!!!! We paid £50 a night for a family of 4. Hotel has a great number of extra features that made our stay enjoyable. Free WIFI in room as well as in lobby and round the pool ! Offered free printing really useful for flight tickets. Large pool area. Shops onsite. Launderette facilities. Cafe. Free parking. Movie night every evening. Location right opposite Wet and Wild on international drive. We used the hotel as a base whilst we explored Orlando coming back in the early evening for a swim. Perfect for our needs. I had read mixed reviews and yes the hotel is a little tired BUT the price paid reflects this - I sometimes think people expect too much for their money and we also saw maintenance men updating rooms and main walk ways during our stay. We stayed in the low rise building and our room had two double beds with a microwave and fridge. One evening we rented a movie from the hotel and watched in our room with take out. Great hotel for families just appreciate what you are getting for the money you have paid

My 11 year old's review :
Palms Risort was a very friendly and welcoming resort filled with helpful staff . It was really good for its money as it had everything you really needed. It had a massive pool and even a crocodile sanctuary, there beside it was a chalk board and on it said all the different shows and activities you could come to free of charge involving the crocs. Or if u didn't want to go to the show u could just have a stroke about you can even feed the crocodiles!!! ...but not sort of my thing !!
It was next to all the shops and best restaurants and even opposite the water park!!! It is great for kids !!! I had a really nice time at the palms resort. And I am sure u will to!!!

3  Thank RB68

What a wonderful review and I must say it is the first time I have received a review from an 11 year old! I am so happy you and your family had such an excellent stay. I appreciate your mentioning all of our wonderful amenities and thank both of you for taking the time to write a review.

I hope we have the pleasure of your company again!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in July, for a quick trip to Universal Studios before going on a cruise. We usually stay in Disney/Universal hotels and after reading reviews we were quite nervous about our stay,

Check in was fine, and we were given Tower Rooms.The room was fine, it was a good size and everything seemed clean. The room was cleaned and towels were changed daily. The air conditioning unit was quite noisy but worked well. The lifts were very slow and this was particularly annoying after a long day at the parks when you just want to get back to your room!
The beds weren't the most comfortable and I found it difficult to sleep the two nights we were there - not sure if this was the fault of the bed or not though.

We didn't use many of the hotel facilities as we were so busy but the pool looked lovely, as did the restaurant. The free car parking was great, as was the free internet which was quite fast. It was also great having a fridge in the room as it meant we could make ourselves snacks and have breakfast in the morning. The hotel is in a great position on International Drive, close to lots of restaurants,

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel, however if I was going for a longer trip I think I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and mentioning your clean room, fast internet service and our great centralized location.

We are making every effort on a daily basis to improve our resort to ensure each and every guest has a memorable experience.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

room was disgusting full of mold, staff wouldn't give us another room, maids are lazy and rude this motel false advertises about being a resort no internet in building D!
Don't stay here rooms are not clean

• Stayed: August 2014