“My Home Away From Home”

Ranked #156 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Richmond, Virginia
“My Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Well, we just got back from a wonderful week in Orlando, FL. I am a little hesitant to write this review because I am afraid everyone who reads it will want to book at this "hidden gem" and I may lose my "home away from home." This is our third time staying at Marriott's Sabal Palms and I am just as impressed on our third stay as I was on our first. Sabal Palms is a beautiful property just minutes outside of Disney World and is the perfect location for a family getaway. All the villas are wonderfully appointed with everything you need to enjoy some time away. I can't say enough about this property - definately one of Marriott's finest! Additionally, you get to enjoy all the amenties at the World Center which I hear is nice as well - though honestly we've never made it up there. Everything we need is at Sabal Palms - pool, playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, shuffel board, grills (and it is literally at Disney's doorstep). You name it, they have it! If there is availability - we will definately be staying here again next year!!!

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3 different rooms and they have all been great!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank MickeyFan71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is a nice place. I agree with the reviews below and would add only a couople of points.

Realize that I Drive and Intestate 4 get crowded. We picked this hotel for all the amenities and thought that it would just a quick drive to other areas and were surprised at the traffic. Its just 2 miles to Disney, but a (short) trek to other stuff (downtown, Winter Park, Wekiva State Park).
The other theme parks are a shorter trek.

The big pool at the World Center Marriott is more than a five minute walk. The shuttle came quickly whenever we asked for it.

There are Publix and super Wal Marts within a 10 minute drive.

Our unit (2244) didn't get a lot of direct light -- you might wanta ask for one facing a different direction if this is important to you. On the other hand, it was nice overlooking the gold course instead of another unit.

newspapers in the World Center lobby, not at the Sabal Palms lobby.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Peter C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Although I stayed there for a business trip, could see the appeal of this hotel for family. 2 spacious bedroom apt equipped with nice kitchen. Master room has a big bathroom and nice shower. 3 big TVs for those who like watching TV.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank AHA2006
The Poconos, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here in May 2011 for our family trip to Disney. It was about a 5 to 10 minute ride to all of the Disney attractions. Our unit was a very clean, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. The master bath had a huge walk-in shower that I would love to have in my house. The pool area was clean, and loved not having to bring our own pool towels in our suitcases, since they had them daily at the cabana. Beds were so comfortable..slept great every night. (and I never sleep well when I'm not in my own bed) Would absolutely stay here again when we come back to Orlando.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank justsumchik
illinois
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed at the Sabal Palms with our children for our trip to the Disney area. The Sabal Palms is located in the Marriott World Center complex. Our unit was a 2 bedroom 2 bath and it was wonderful. The units are quite large. Our master bath had a huge walk in shower with multi jets, there were 2 screened in balconies, the washer and dryer were full size, kitchen was well stocked and the linens and decor were all new and quite fresh. The decor is a bit retro and I found it to my liking. It made me feel nostalgic about my childhood. The pool area at the Sabal Palms was nice, but the pool at the World Center was one of the best I've ever experienced. It has at least 6 waterfalls and a waterslide that my kids loved. Its location to Disney is also a great perk. A simple right hand turn onto Florida SR 536 and two miles later you are on Disney property. We only ate food poolside at the resort and did not experience any of the on site restaurants. The food that we ordered was probably better than average for poolside fare but the drinks were great. This is not an economy resort so don't be shocked by the prices. Most of the items on the menu are a bit on the pricey side, but this is to be expected at this type of resort. We packed a cooler on a couple occasions and took some of our own snack and drinks. No one seemed to mind and we saw quite a few people doing the same thing. The only thing that was prohibited were glass containers which makes obvious sense. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank stoshk
Groveland, MA
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This vacation villa was perfect for our family of 5 with 3 boys. It had 2 bedrooms, one of them a huge master suite with large walk in shower everyone wanted to shower in, large living/dining area, kitchen which was perfect for breakfast, snacks, and meals if we weren't eating out. Location was behind the Marriott World Center, and a quick 5 minute through a perfectly manicured spa garden path took us to the huge world center pool where there was a slide and waterfalls, with a restaurant on the pools edge, we also ate at the restaurants at the World Center and could charge to our room. Kids also enjoyed the basketball courts, ping pong tables and large chess set at the Sabal Palms pool area. When driving to Disney it was an easy right out of the complex's parking lot and a straight drive in - making it easy to go back and forth to Disney in a day. Definately would stay here again if visiting Orlando.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank BJM5
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This is the ultimate stay for me and my family of 4. Comfortable, quiet and clean. Full kitchen and washer/dyer as well. Service is great too. I also love that you have the benefit of the amenities of BOTH Sabal Palms villas AND that of the Marriott Orlando world Hotel. The hotel is easily accessed by a 3 minute walk or complimentary shuttle from SP and back at any time of day. Also, in the cooler months, the kids can still swim as the Sabal Palms pool is heated! This year will be our third visit back to SP. Can't Wait!

Room Tip: We like the rooms farthest from the SP pool because they are quieter and closest to the main hotel b...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family