“So many perks you may not think of!”

Marriott's Sabal Palms
Ranked #148 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
dnialcdlo
“So many perks you may not think of!”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My parents own a week at this time share and we have gone year after year. It's not quite as "showy" as many of the newer places, but I love it more and let me tell you why. The property is set behind the HUGE Marriott Orlando World hotel so location is amazing! From the entrance of the hotel you can drive a few miles straight and hit 192 which has every restaurant imaginable and not as crowded as many of the more touristy restaurants further north. Within a few miles to the left you can pick up groceries at the Walmart, and a few miles to the right you can be at Disney World or Downtown Disney in minutes!

What I really like about this time share is that it's small and secluded. No one would even know it's there. You can park your car right outside your unit so there is no long walk lugging beach toys, coolers, and such. There is a separate pool just for the time share folks. It's nothing fancy at all but it's generally empty! There is a water cooler to fill up your bottle and since it's on the golf course, it's quiet and relaxing. If you want a more resort feel, a short paved walk has you to the big hotel pool where you can use your time share key to purchase snacks, dining items, or drinks from the pool boys! There are also several places close by that will deliver a pizza pool side! The Marriott resort has a nice health club that if you were staying in the hotel, you'd probably never use because it's tucked off to the side. That makes it a perfect place for where you'll be! There is also a small workout room off the private pool of the time share as well. You get all the amenities of a Marriott (including toiletries in the bathroom and other perks) but the privacy of your own villa.

Last spring when I was at Sabal Palms, a friend and her family stayed in the hotel at the same time. Her family of 4 smooshed into a hotel room for double the price of my two bedroom, two bath condo that housed 6 of us comfortably. She had to take her family out 3 meals a day while we made breakfast, packed picnic lunches, and only ate out each night. Having laundry IN the room is also nice for drying towels and cleaning up sandy clothing before heading home.

There are time shares all over the place in Orlando but if you want quiet, relaxing, and want to forget you're in Orlando, this is the place for you!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dnialcdlo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Florida, New York
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I am a Marriott Vacation Club owner and I used points to stay at Sabal Palms to attend Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. Because I am already an owner, I knew what to expect in regards to accomodations -- large, two-bedroom, two bathroom villas with full kitchen and washer/dryer. As was expected with Marriott, everything was impeccably clean, and these villas are actually larger than others I've been to. This is one of three MVC properties at this location and the farthest from the main road and quietest. The pool was clean and quiet, even in the middle of the day. The reception staff were more than accomodating - I arrived early before my room was ready and the woman took great pains to ensure that I received a villa in the location I wanted - which I did. The location is right off of I-4 and only a ten-minute drive to all the Disney attractions and within 30 minutes of all the others. Because this is a time-share property, there are no restaurants on site, but the large Marriott World Center hotel is a two-minute walk from Sabal Palms and that hotel has enough restaurants and lounges and another, larger, grander pool to make anyone happy. The only thing I did not like was the fact that the grocery store for the time shares was down the road at the Royal Palms resort -- about two miles -- but a free shuttle is provided and they will wait for you to shop & then bring you back. I would highly recommend this resort for the nice respite it gives from the hustle and bustle of an Orlando vacation. Yes, it is very quiet, but the Marriott hotel is only a short walk away if you crave nightlife and cocktails.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 4100 building overlook the golf course, which makes for lovely views and quiet nights.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank rekn1211
Edinburgh,UK
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We had high expectations from previous reviews and the Marriot brand name. Sabal Palms is a good resort in a central location to attactons. That said, I found it a slight pain driving the near 2 miles from entrance road through the other hotels/resorts. The check in was best by far, hi, this is your unit and your free wi fi code and a map of the resort. No more hassle, annoying phone calls or indeed any contact, unless I wanted it. Unit was modern, well equiped, well decorated and very fit for purpose. There were a couple of maintenance issues which should have been spotted, i.e Patio lock and a celing fan control switch. Second bedrooms was tight for space with a double and single bed in it, it also had a mediocre bathoom compared to the master, that said it was adequate. Unit was "dark" most of the day. Onsite pool was quiet but great, clean, well laid out and maintained. I would recommend this resort for peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Upstair apartments have better views. There was also an extremely attractive block alongside the poo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Alberta
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Honestly, I can't rave enough about this hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom villa/condo and it was absolutely gorgeous. Clean and sparkly - which is key for me. The unit was super well equipped as well - with everything one could need. The condo and hotel are beautiful and maintained with a lot of care and attention to detail.

I loved everything about the hotel (which may be a first for me)... but, the thing I loved most were the beds. They were divine. Oh my word.. so incredibly comfy - primary reason I wanted to move in. The bedding used is premium bedding and your skin will thank you for it.

The amenities are endless. Activities for the kids. An easily accessible pool and fitness center. Access to the large hotel is super easy and makes for some delicious eating out. Also, there is a starbucks located in the lobby of the hotel (not the villas/condos) - which helps make those early morning jaunts slightly easier. Also the hotel is in the process of a massive renovation to the pool area which will be a draw in and of itself upon completion.

Access to the Disney mega parks is super convenient. All within a few minutes drive. I would recommend renting a car as they do have shuttle service to the parks but it is astronomically expensive for the short trip - $20 per person. Yowza.

Lastly, we were treated very well by each and every staff member we came across. Always greeted us with a smile and a very helpful friendly manner.

We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all the condo/villa rooms have been renovated but I would certainly ask for a re...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
NY
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have been staying at Marriott's Sabal Palms since I was a baby. I am now 27 and continue to go back. Each time is spectacular and it is forever my true home away from home. A spacious setting with access to the amazing World Center a short walk or golf cart ride away. I love the easiness of charging things at the main hotel right to our villa. A true resort!

Room Tip: We always love the second floor units, especially those with the lake view!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have often stayed at Sabal Palms, and always in the same two bedroom unit. The unit has been updated since we have been coming (it is always nice to see that the hotel cares about the upkeep, and keeping the property current). The unit we stay in is older, but always clean, and the size is great. We love having the full kitchen, dining area & living room- and of course having a washer & dryer in the unit is great. The screened in porch is very nice, when traveling with kids the screen is a great feature not only for keeping out bugs, but also safety. The porch overlooks the water, my boys love to spot the turtles swimming& other wildlife, yes once we did see a small alligator. We do not use the dining area as much because it is nice to eat out on the porch.
We have two bathrooms (one with a standard bath tub), but we all love the "car wash" shower as my kids call it :) This was added a few years ago as part of the unit upgrade. Sable Palms is very quiet and relaxing, with a little area for the kids to play out front of our unit (think small playground/area)- But it is a very quick walk to the main pool & resort area. My kids love the pool with waterfall & slide. The main area of the World Center Marriott has places to eat, grab coffee, etc... my kids love the glass elevator & always must ride to the top floor a few times. The resort is close to everything Universal, Disney, Sea World.... there is often traffic around Orlando, especially during the busy seasons, so leave yourself extra time to get where you would like to go.
We will keep coming back, as we find all of our stays consistently enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We traded from our home resort (Marriott's Grande Vista) into the Sabal Palms for a different resort experience. We choose this resort so that we would have access to the nice pool at Marriott's World Center. Unfortuantely for us, they closed this pool a few days prior to our arrival for major renovations. Grr! We did walk to the World Center one day for a look-see and it is very close and an easy walk. We stopped by the kids area and played some Wii and ping pong. Afterwards, we pretty much stayed at the Sabal Palms. This resort is the most low-key Marriott we have ever stayed at. It took a little getting used to since it does not have many "bells & whistles" that we are used too. We were in Villa #4114 which had a nice view of the World Center, a pond, golf course and wildlife. We loved going out onto the screened porch to see who was visiting us .. birds, turtles, but never saw an alligator. The villa had a lot of nice square footage and the master bedroom was especially spacious! I had read about the master shower ahead of time, and it is a wonderful shower. My girls were especially happy with it and loved showering in there as well and didn't want to use the shower in their own bathroom! The 2nd bedroom has a single bed and a double bed, and a small area to walk out onto. As with all Marriott resorts, our place was completely stocked. We enjoyed the pool area and pool deck. It was never crowded and we never had a problem finding a seat. We assume that most people who come to Orlando spend time at the Disney parks, etc. .. but this was not the purpose of this trip for us. The pool does not have anything interactive, but we had plenty of pool dive toys to keep entertained. They have a whirlpool spa, exercise room and sauna near the pool area. We never participated in any of the resort activities. Some are at Sabal Palms, and some are at Imperial or Royal Palms. Sure you can walk there, but really a drive over, and we never felt like taking the time to do all of that. The staff was very nice at the Sabal Palms .. we were always greeted in a friendly manner. Overall, a really nice stay. Not sure we would return as we do like a few more perks and conveniences, but if we want a quiet, chilling vacation .. then we would consider the Sabal Palms again, especially for their master!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family