“Great for families and close to Disney”

Marriott's Sabal Palms
Ranked #149 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great place to stay, with spacious units. Master bedroom is huge, with a very large shower. Pool is nice, and you can use the pool at the hotel if you don't mind the 10 min walk. Very close to Disney, but it's best if you have your own car. Housekeeping is great. If you ask the concierge about Disney, you'll find there's a shuttle bus, but the hours are inconvenient and you have to pay a premium. There are plenty of other resorts that make it easy to take a shuttle to Disney if that is your primary reason for visiting.

Room Tip: Plan to use your car for Disney trips if you want the convenience of coming and going as you please...
4  Thank bills8

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our daughter, soninlaw and granddaughter live in Orlando but since I have points to use, we have spent a week in a Marriott timeshare in Orlando a couple of times and it works out pretty nice. Have stayed at Cypress Harbour twice and it is fine, but with the number of points I had left, Sabal Palms looked like the nicest place I could get a two bedroom booked during the time that worked for us all. So anyway, booked a week (from Friday to Friday) at the resort. It is a fairly small resort but is adjacent to the Marriott World Center and folks staying at the Sabal have access to all the World Resort amenities. The Sabal resort does have a nice pool and small gym along with a pingpong table, sand volleyball court and tennis courts. It is also connected to the golf course. I'm not a golfer but if you are, I think this would be a great resort to stay at. The Marriott World Resort had a giant pool, huge slide and a nice zero entry kiddie pool that we took advantage of a couple of the days. This resort is only a couple of miles from Disney World, but we don't go to Orlando for that. Been there, done that. So we go to see our granddaughter (and son-in-law and daughter I suppose). The villa itself is nice although just a bit dated. Full size washer and dryer as well as a full kitchen come in handy and allow a family to make themselves right at home. The Master bedroom bath is huge and open to the master bedroom. That could be a problem if one of you plans on sleeping later than the other, but it wan't a problem for my wife and I. Instead of a large, jetted tub that many of the Marriott resort villa's have, these villa's have a large shower with multiple heads. My son-in-law used it every day instead of the shower in their (2nd) bedroom. He says he has to have one at home now. There is a small playground on the property and outdoor gas grills for cooking. So all in all, a very nice place that worked out great for our family. Enough amenities at the resort itself to keep a family with a small child busy, but close access via a sidewalk to additional things like restaurants, larger pool, shops etc if wanted/needed. The drive in can be a bit deceiving as you have to drive past the parking garage and the back of multiple buildings, but once at the resort, it is a nice oasis to spend some relaxing time with the family.

Room Tip: This resort is small enough it's really not "spread out" like some of the larger Marri...
2  Thank rking1118
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at the Sabal Palms Oct .18-25,2013. The location is wonderful if you are going to Disney daily. We spent all our days at Disney so did not walk to the main hotel. We did see many others with small children walking over so it is not very far. The entrance and winding road is hard to see even with all the warnings on this site. It is over a mile winding thru the back of the Marriott and at one point if you are not paying close attention you will end up in the Marriott hotel parking garage.
Check- in was very nice. The staff couldn't be more helpful. They have coffee in the lobby which my husband got daily. .
The unit itself was clean but as others have stated the unit is on 3 levels. The main part is the extra bedroom and the kitchen. Then it is 2 tile steps to the living room and master bedroom. To get to the master bath you need to go up 2 tile steps. This is not a problem for us but my elderly mother would not have been able to go up and down these steps. The main shower is nice but the back wall is a glass and faces the main walking path. We were warned about the stairs for the second floor units so we booked a room on the first floor. We received an email once we booked from the Sabal asking our preferences and all were honored.
Over all we would stay here again if we just came with our children. We could not stay here with our parents.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you do not want to climb stairs. Each unit has its own set of stairs s...
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Sabal Palms was my second choice as an Interval Int'l exhange (other Marriott choice wasn't available), but was very happy here. The 2 bedroom was extremely spacious with a large step-down living room. The kitchen is very modern and roomy. Definitely made use of the full size washer & dryer. The master bedroom was large w/ a sitting area, wide dual vanity area, and the biggest shower I've ever seen. Stayed at the unit/building closest to the Marriott World Center which made for a short walk there (used the pool there instead of at Sabal). Game room with air hockey, Xbox and PS3 was clean and nice to have. I didn't mind the drive past the World Center's service areas and parking lots to get to Sabal Palm's entrance. Great location, very close to DisneyWorld and also close to Unversal.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rallyetourist
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great vacation club getaway.
Comfortable, updated 2 BR, 2 Bath condo with great amenities.
Very clean.
Spacious for 2 couples and families (sleeps 6).
Friendly, helpful, and service oriented staff.
Golf course setting with plenty of amenities.
Complimentary shuttle service to Marriott full service resort ( a few minutes away) with access to fabulous pools, and good restaurants.
A few miles from Disney and within 6 miles of all Orlando attractions.
Recommended for couples, family and friends.

Room Tip: No real special views - only 2 floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was really happy with our stay here. I was sceptic with some reviews I read, but found that all the negatives points did not phase me at all ie. located at the back of World Ctr & difficult to find? Well, we found it right away, & the view to get there pass the MWC car park, & back part of the MWC hotels were, fine, palms & manicured garden, was fine too.

MWC main pool is only a short stroll 5min, just ask to use the pathway (shortcut). Quicker to walk than wait for courtesy bus.

We had an upstairs which I chose but not suitable for elderly or disable as no ramp. Must walk up stair.

Loved the Italian Restaurant in MWC, not so impress with the pool bar food.

Resort is perfect location to access Disneyworld.

All in all we enjoyed our 7nht stay. Was with 7 & 9 yrs old girls, hubby & inlaws.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank quartas
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We are Marriott owners, and have stayed at many other Marriott Vacation Club properties (in Orlando, Grande Vista, Harbour Lake, and here, plus in Phoenix and Oahu, where we own, maybe others I forget...). I am sometimes a hotel snob (I enjoy the Ritz and Four Seasons brands) but when traveling with two teenagers, our own SPACE to stretch out trumps fancy toiletries and twice daily maid service! Matter of fact, since this stay with through a getaway with Interval International, I was the maid! Owners using their week, trading, or getting a deal like this don't get daily maid service, but I keep a condo super clean (I am very picky about this, I vacuum and keep the kitchen and bathrooms spotless).
Our stay was actually last year, but I wanted to share here since I appreciated this place! We were down for 15 nights (11 of them here; we left early but it was still so much cheaper to leave before the full two weeks here using a getaway). The long stay allowed us to relax and one or two days, actually do nothing but watch tv, grill some dinner, and take a dip in the pool.
We came from a one bedroom at Grande Vista, so were so happy to not have to use the sofa sleeper anymore!
I had requested a top floor unit (there are only two floors), and didn't mind carrying up our groceries and luggage. Those uncomfortable carrying their luggage up stairs may wish for a ground floor unit, but I liked being on the top floor.
Once you enter, it's nice that there's a little foyer with a table to put car keys and a purse on.
The kitchen had everything we needed. We ate almost every meal in the condo, so made good use of it. I also used the gas grils right outside several times - it was so convenient to marinate some chicken the night before in ziploc bags, then return after a busy day and let the kids chill out while I grilled some quick dinner.
The master bedroom was nice and comfortable - but two things I would change if I could would involve the bathroom. You step up two steps from the bed area to the sinks in the bathroom - it's open to the bedroom (as some condos and hotel rooms are). This was fine for me, as my husband wasn't along on the trip, but if someone is with you and gets up to use the bathroom early it could be a bother. Also, there is an opening from the shower to the bathroom, and it lets light in early in the morning. I took a spare pillow and put it into the opening - problem solved!
The shower in the master bedroom was so awesome - matter of fact, my kids never once used the shower in their bathroom! This also was convenient to share our shampoos and things. We were never in a hurry to get going anyway.
The fitness center was small but perfect. I ran on the treadmill every other day, and didn't see anyone else in there. It was a minute or two walk from the room, and was all glass to look out (and I think had its own tv per treadmill).
The pool at the condo itself was small but sufficient.
We went to the little market for one or two things one day, when I was out of a few things but didn't feel like running to the store (it was at the end of our stay). Otherwise, we shopped mostly at Target and Walmart for our groceries and toiletries. We also made a quick run to CVS for some toiletries and snacks - CVS is super close (but it's a drug store, not a pharmacy).
It felt like such a relief to return every afternoon/evening here - like coming home after being at the theme parks! It was super quiet all the time. We always found a parking space right outside, and never had any issues (other than we had to leave).
Since we were there for two weeks technically, after the first week the maid came to clean, but I had kept the place spotless so just told her we didn't need it. I think it made her day! If our towels were dirty, we just washed them! Oh yeah - FULL SIZE washer/dryer is a big plus! Most timeshares have stacked ones, that are slightly smaller.
We didn't venture over to the Orlando World Center, since their pool was closed for renovations at the time.
I am hoping to go back here soon! I'd love to go for two weeks again also!!

Room Tip: I think a high floor is quieter - but if you have mobility issues definitely stay on the ground floo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family