Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
US$534
US$423
US$179
US$133
Rosen Centre Hotel(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$281
Travelocity
US$294
US$258
5,517 results
All reviewslazy riversdisney parksbunk bedsparking garageepcot fireworksper daymini golftime sharebeautiful propertyself parkpool sidepool bardisney tripfamily vacationwater slidesshuttle servicemagic kingdom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have visited Orlando approximately 10 times in the past 6 years. This year I went with my wife and my son aged 6. I chose the Wyndham for it's location and because it is a brand new property. Obviously with a new property there are normal growing pains which are to be expected.

We booked a room on the concierge level. Our room had a small alcove where the bunk bed was situated. The room also had a sink in the hallway entrance of the room which as nice. The layout of the room is a little weird in that the alcove is just big enough to fit the bunk bed and a tiny side table. A small flat screen is on the wall but there really isn't enough space to property be able to watch it. I know this sounds strange but I'm sure someone will post a picture--sorry I didn't. The beds are modestly comfortable but the sheets are not high quality and the mattress does not have a mattress pad. The bathroom was a bit disappointing with it's tub that may be 16 inches deep. In addition, it has a shower curtain and not a glass enclosure as most hotels do these days.

The staff just seems a little untrained. The concierge level was a joke. Breakfast is an offering of three types of cereal in little boxes, fruit and Danish's. This wouldn't have been a problem but I spoke with two different people prior to arrival they confirmed a hot food was offered daily. The snacks in the afternoon (5pm to 7pm) were an assortment of cheeses with no crackers or toasted bread, a few vegetables and brownies or cookies. Nothing of substance is offered! Now I know they say lights snacks but I've stayed at many hotels and this is by far the worst selection of "snacks" I've ever encountered. Water and sodas are offered but are promptly removed at 7pm and liquor is not offered. I spoke with a manager and he was very nice but he just kind of agreed with me. He didn't give me any indication anything is going to change.

The staff at the front desk was very nice as was the valet and bellmen. The valet is well run as each time I went downstairs my car was waiting for me. There is a $16 charge for valet services and a $16 property fee which includes wifi.

In sum, I don't think I would return to this property. I would recommend the Parc Soleil Hotel in the same price range.

Room Tip: If you choose the concierge level, don't stay near the lounge because the door slams. Request the lake view as well.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank Imafrequenttraveler
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Hello Imafrequenttraveller,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and for your feedback.

I truly apologize that the Family Bunk Guest-Rooms were not to your satisfaction. With a unique design, the goal is to maximize the available space with amenities that are important to families when travelling, including a private alcove w/ Bunk Beds, second Flat-Screen TV, and sink. In addition, we utilize such feedback to consistently improve the amenities and selections throughout the hotel, including our Concierge Lounge. Please know, your feedback has been shared with the appropriate departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Wyndham Grand Orlando in the future. I invite you to please contact the hotel directly, and request to speak with the Resort Manager so that we may further address your concerns.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2011

The Club level is lame...they put out 12 pieces of cheese no crackers and a few grilled veggies and 6 cupcakes.... o and the food is only out from 7- 10 and 5-7 and they run out of food plates and forks..........Hotel was nice room was large ...but no point in paying for the up grade ..the computer in the lounge did not even work and when I went down stairs and asked them to print my boarding pass they said no .... Go figure this was the concierge....

5  Thank Amy M

Hello Amy M,

I truly apologize that the Concierge Lounge did not exceed your expectations. Please know, I have shared your feedback regarding the amenity selection with the appropriate departments in order to better improve our future offerings.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I booked this because it was brand new and a GREAT price for the location. We have always stayed at a disney property but decided to see how it would be to stay off property. After the first few reviews, I was really nervous. It turned out to be our best disney trip!!! The location cannot be better---the hotel is on the property right across from Boardwalk-beside Caribbean Beach. The decor/lobby/rooms were beautiful. We had a king room with bunk beds. The bunk beds were a hit with my children, ages 9 and 12. They even had their own flat screen tv. All for $119 per night! The room is bigger than the disney rooms (all are relatively the same unless you get a suite) and of couse the carpet, bedding, etc were all BRAND new. I cannot speak to the shuttle service as we had our own car, but the valet service was the best I've ever had. Lightening fast, always eager to make sure we had directions, etc. It was no more than 5 minutes to each park. On another note, if you have AAA and buy your park passes through the site, you get a parking pass which allows you to park at front of each park. Saved a ton of time just walking to our car and leaving as opposed to monorail, bus, etc with disney transportation. We did not eat at the hotel at all, so I cannot address food. The pools were great, quiet with nice staff. If you are looking for an alternative to Disney crazy room rates, THIS is the place for you. I'll never pay $400 a night for the small, dingy disney room a mile from the bus stop again!

6  Thank 3girlssc
WyndhamGrandOrlando, Resort Management at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Hello 3girlssc,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek and for the great review!

We are so glad that you found the hotel's location beneficial for your family's vacation! The Family Bunk Bed Rooms offer great locations for families, and am glad that your kids enjoyed their space! Throughout the entire hotel, we pride ourselves on ensuring that you have the best possible experience.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the future!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

First time at Wyndham and probably the last time as well. I have to say that the property and staffs are nice. However, no one really would solve issues that customers have with the hotel. I stayed there for 6 days and made couple complaints. I actually made a phone call to the corporate customer service as well and nothing was done to correct the issues. Very disappointed!

Pro:
1. Good location.
2. Brand new
3. Staff is nice (but...)
4. Beds are comfortable

Con:
1. Design and decoration are kind of behind in today's standard.
2. Poor information. I was told there were shuttle to/from airport but there was none unless you have a party of 3 or more. Expect to pay $68 for a taxi ride each way.
3. Shuttle schedule to Disney is poorly arranged. Shuttle service ends before the parks are closed. Shuttle pick-up location was also wrong on the print out and we ended up wondering around in Disney's parking lot to locate the shuttle. People also are confused of Wyndham at Bonnet Creek and Wyndham Grand Orlando Bonnet Creek. The night shift shuttle driver was not friendly at all.
4. Staff is nice but not helpful. They apologized for the mistakes that they made but never offered any real help to solve the problems.
5. The shared shuttle we reserved to Universal Studio was late for 30 min. The reason was that there were more people showing up at the previous pick-up location. It was not really Wyndham's fault but as I said in #4, I got "sorry" but not real help.
6. Housekeeping needs big improvement. I put down two towels on the floor for cleaning and got no clean towel back. Facial tissue was out for couple days and didn't get replaced until I made a call.
7. I made on-line reservation for a king size bed. I indeed called the hotel a week before my arrival to confirm that. However, the king size bed request was not in the system when I arrived.
8. Requested for late check-out at 1pm but got locked out after 11am.

Wyndham has a few properties at Disney World. I am surprised to find all these problems from here and there. This tells you how poor the management is for the hotel chains. Nothing wrong with the staffs but it's the entire system doesn't click. You may see an apology letter after my comment but as I said, that is the farthest Wyndham will do for the problems that they have. Don't expect the problems will go away.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TomtomIII

Dear TomtomIII,

On behalf of the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort, Bonnet Creek please accept our apology that your stay failed to meet your expectations. We continuously strive to ensure every guest has a great experience while staying with us.

Please know, your detailed concerns and feedback regarding your experience throughout your stay have been shared with the appropriate departments in order to improve future guest satisfaction.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we very much appreciate your comments as we strive to improve our operations with our recent opening. We would value the opportunity to further discuss your feedback, and ask that you please please reach out to the resort management directly.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and ensure that we will meet your expectations.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2011

We only stayed here for one night before checking into the timeshare resort next door but were very impressed. The hotels is upscale and the rooms were nice but we really thought most of the staff we talked too were friendly and courteous and they seemed proud of their new hotel. Really, from check in, to our bell hop to the waiters and waitresses at the two different restaurants we tried within the hotel they all seemed to want to be informative and to make sure we had a great stay.

2  Thank megalu11

Hello Megalu11,

We're are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! The entire staff is incredibly proud of the hotel and are ready to make your vacation experience unforgettable.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Thank you again!