So lets start with the positives, The Wyndham Grand is a nice looking Hotel, the lobby is welcoming and the rooms as to be expected in this style of hotel. The beds are comfortable and it is well located for all the Disney attractions.....BUT....
It takes more than a nice building to make a great hotel, it takes attitude and respect to make a stay worthwhile. The attitude in this hotel is very poor.
So when you look at booking any hotel, you take into consideration many things, but after location choices are based on facilities and price asked. The WG has a bizarre way of topping up prices for items that one would normally expect to be included. How stupid do I look ?
So whilst this hotel is in the middle of the Disney parks, it is also surrounded by open land and has a large parking garage alongside it, and yet you will be charged $15 a day to park a car seems excessive to me ( $21 if parked by valet). Although do not expect the valet to help with your bags, he just stood and watched me lift mine from the car. There was no bellman in sight.
Now the hotels reasoning for this is that the car park is operated by another company, and yet
within the hotel grounds. If this is the case then clearly the hotel has leased space to the company in order to make money by charging guests who arrive by car, How stupid do I look?
Althought my biggest gripe with The WG is the $16 per day Resort Tax, it is not a tax it is simple an extra fee. What for you might ask, and so did I. Surely if you display your facilities on your web site, and quote for a period of stay, it is reasonable to expect that those facilities are included in the price quoted....WRONG....the extra fee is apparently for the use of the Pools and the whirlpools, other resort facilities and of course the complimentary shuttle bus....ERRRR how can it be complimentary if you are charging me for it. How stupid do I look ?
Please do not sell me a product by displaying all your facilities and then tell me the amount charged is simply for my room, and if I want to walk through the reception of the hotel, or in the gardens, or even consider using the pool then I have to pay a tax to do so.
Simply display all your facilities and tell me what it will cost, I can then decide if I want to choose your hotel. Outside of that you are insulting my intelligence, how stupid do I look ?
Now maybe American travellers might accept this, I do not, and will not return, nor recommend you to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from each of the Walt Disney World® Resort parks and only a few miles from Universal Studios,® SeaWorld and all the other attractions Orlando has to offer, the hotel is nestled on woodlands and part of the Bonnet Creek Resorts area. The resort is surrounded on each side by the Walt Disney World® Resort and is just off Epcot Drive, providing easy access to Interstate 4 and the Osceola Parkway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Florida