“Beautiful hotel with great amenities...”

Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #77 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Ma.
“Beautiful hotel with great amenities...”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My family recently stayed at the Wyndham Grand Orlando for a Disney vacation. I was skeptical at first not knowing exactly how close this hotel was to disney, however once we arrived we found out it was perfect. The hotel was beautiful and had everything we needed. Our room was a king w/bunkbeds which was perfect. The bunkbeds are located in an alcove which gave everyone a little space. The pool was absolutely beautiful and you have access to the timeshare resorts on the property which includes mini golf, a lazy river, pirate ship pool and a few poolside bars for food and drinks. There is a small store and a coffee bar in the lobby that served Starbucks coffee and assorted breakfast and sandwich items. The transportation to Disney was great, however the times are limited so you have to plan. The transportation to Universal Studios was not so great, $16. Per person each way and you are packed into a van like sardines. The second day we went to Universal we used the car service that was located at the hotel at the main entrance and we had a great ride alone in an SUV for cheaper. All in all this is a great hotel with very friendly staff. I have nothing negative to say.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Wayne S
Robyn J, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are so happy you enjoyed your vacation at our resort and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Robyn Jacobs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

So lets start with the positives, The Wyndham Grand is a nice looking Hotel, the lobby is welcoming and the rooms as to be expected in this style of hotel. The beds are comfortable and it is well located for all the Disney attractions.....BUT....
It takes more than a nice building to make a great hotel, it takes attitude and respect to make a stay worthwhile. The attitude in this hotel is very poor.
So when you look at booking any hotel, you take into consideration many things, but after location choices are based on facilities and price asked. The WG has a bizarre way of topping up prices for items that one would normally expect to be included. How stupid do I look ?
So whilst this hotel is in the middle of the Disney parks, it is also surrounded by open land and has a large parking garage alongside it, and yet you will be charged $15 a day to park a car seems excessive to me ( $21 if parked by valet). Although do not expect the valet to help with your bags, he just stood and watched me lift mine from the car. There was no bellman in sight.
Now the hotels reasoning for this is that the car park is operated by another company, and yet
within the hotel grounds. If this is the case then clearly the hotel has leased space to the company in order to make money by charging guests who arrive by car, How stupid do I look?
Althought my biggest gripe with The WG is the $16 per day Resort Tax, it is not a tax it is simple an extra fee. What for you might ask, and so did I. Surely if you display your facilities on your web site, and quote for a period of stay, it is reasonable to expect that those facilities are included in the price quoted....WRONG....the extra fee is apparently for the use of the Pools and the whirlpools, other resort facilities and of course the complimentary shuttle bus....ERRRR how can it be complimentary if you are charging me for it. How stupid do I look ?
Please do not sell me a product by displaying all your facilities and then tell me the amount charged is simply for my room, and if I want to walk through the reception of the hotel, or in the gardens, or even consider using the pool then I have to pay a tax to do so.
Simply display all your facilities and tell me what it will cost, I can then decide if I want to choose your hotel. Outside of that you are insulting my intelligence, how stupid do I look ?
Now maybe American travellers might accept this, I do not, and will not return, nor recommend you to others.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David C
Chip,

Thank you for your comments. Our resort and parking fees are included in the confirmation sent at the time of booking and reiterated again at check-in. If we failed to communicate these charges to you, I sincerely apologize.

The fees provide a number of benefits to our guests including a secure, well-lit and covered parking garage, internet access, a state-of-the-art fitness center, pool and jacuzzi use, shuttle service to the Disney areas, local and 1-800 dialing in guestrooms, business center use, and an array of other amenities and activities throughout the Wyndham Bonnet Creek area.

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us.

Rochester
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We have been to many resorts in the Disney area. After staying at the Wyndham we will not stay anywhere else. Amazing lay out of the property, activities for the kids, many pools so it does not feel crowded, great upkeep of the property and wonderful staff!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family