“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
Ranked #78 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Tallahassee, Florida
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of Disney visit. Came on a timeshare-pitch deal, but would up avoiding that. Got upgraded without asking at check-in to an executive room with pool view and bunk-bed alcove. Room was spacious, attractive, clean and very comfortable. My 10-year-old loved the bunk bed with his own private TV on the wall. Lobby is very modern. Pool is nice; and the hotel sits on a track around a lake (.5 miles around) that includes multiple other Wyndham properties (some of them are the time-share places). Each of these also has a pool, and as far as I can tell you can walk and use any of them. The one immediately next door has a pirate ship theme and water-slide; not very big but kid-friendly. The loop around the pond makes a nice walk in the morning or evening. Resort fee and mandatory parking add up to around $35 per day; this is a little irritating but not unusual these days. We're debating a return here next year, and I'm simply factoring those costs in as part of the room rate as I determine whether it's in the budget. There is transportation to the parks, but it runs on a pretty limited schedule, mostly in the morning and afternoon. Bus is plenty roomy, so everyone can fit, but if you want to hang at the pool all morning and then got to a park for lunch you may find the schedule to be an issue. This is a major factor as we debate future stays, because if we need to drive to a park we get whacked for parking a second time at the park.... Overall, we felt like we were in a high-end hotel and would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Gordy P
Robyn W, Manager at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Gordy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your vacation at our resort and look forward to serving you again!

Kind regards,

Robyn Woodall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here while my fiancé was attending a Disney Conference. My fiancé and I arrived at separate times, and the shuttle dropped me off at the wrong building--be sure you specify between the time share and the hotel. The bellhops graciously drove me by golf cart over to the hotel side, where my fiancé met me with a cocktail that cost more than the supplies to make a dozen drinks. I think like $12 for a pineapple vodka. They do have happy hour and half price drinks and snacks, so that was nice. Our room was fine--looked out onto a wall, over which you could just barely see the pool. Avoid 3rd floor rooms if you can, the view is less than fantastic--but his work was paying for it so no complaints here!

While my fiancé was away at his conference, I got to while away the days by the wonderful pool! Take advantage of their stupidly priced but incredibly tasty adult popsicles. I had a blueberry mojito pop--RUM! In a popsicle! What a wonderful world we live in. Breakfast buffet was delightful, and the running path around the pools was a nice start to my mornings. The free shuttle to the parks and other Disney hotel was very nice for meeting up with the man at the end of his class days.

My one main complaint--NO MICROWAVES. Not a one for guests in the entire darn hotel. Whose lame idea was that?? I understand it's to fleece as much money from guests as possible by preventing you from warming up leftovers, thereby making you eat in their restaurants more, but whatever. I can eat cold leftovers, so there. I also found the sales pitches for time shares to be pretty annoying, but they're easy enough to avoid. You can buy tickets to any of the parks right at the concierge, and they can arrange a shuttle to Universal Parks for a pretty small fee.

Other than the lack of microwaves and the sales pitches, our stay was nice! Would stay here again on someone else's dime!

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor rooms, view is not nice

Room Tip: Avoid third floor rooms