We stayed at the hotel for 9 days this summer. We had a lovely, comfortable stay.
The rooms were clean and spacious. We had our three children in with us and it was more than comfortable. The rooms had a refrigerator in them which allowed us to store our own milk and fruit etc. So really happy with this aspect of the hotel.
The concierge staff were extremely polite and helpful. However, the people selling park tickets were very pushy and very misleading. They told us that there was a 6 hour wait for the Harry Potter Experience at Universal which put us off going. we later found out that this wasn't the case. Also, they push you into these time share presentations in order to get a discount. Don't fall for this as it is never only 2 hours long. The last time we went to one of these we were there for 1/2 the day. Walmart sells park tickets cheaper than the actual parks. So if you have time, stop at Walmart first to buy your tickets.
Too expensive for average food, as per all hotels. If you have a car,drive out to First Watch for a healthy breakfast, brunch or lunch. For dinner, we recommend Sweet Tomatoes. I don't think you can get much cheaper or healthier than Sweet Tomatoes. It's always a hit with the kids. To save a bit more money on those park days, go out to the Publix supermarket and buy some good cereals and milk, fruits and veg and have breakfast in your room.
On the couple of occasions we did eat at one of the restaurants, the service was super!
Also, there is a self BBQ facility, which quite a few families were taking advantage of. A nice touch.
Always on time and a very friendly service.
The pools were great fun! Kids enjoyed the lazy river a lot. A beautiful setting, all in all.
There are quite a few of these but only to be expected in these large hotels but still makes you gasp. The incidentals fee of $50 a night was excessive. the parking fee of $18 per day was also a bit much, especially as we normally stay at places like the Residence Inn where parking is free.
I was also a little disappointed that there wasn't a guest laundry room, a necessity for people with young children. Maybe this is something the hotel could incorporate as most families would find this an added bonus. This a service provided by most smaller hotels and we find it invaluable.
All in all, we would highly recommend this hotel. We had a lovely stay here with our family and some good friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from each of the Walt Disney World® Resort parks and only a few miles from Universal Studios,® SeaWorld and all the other attractions Orlando has to offer, the hotel is nestled on woodlands and part of the Bonnet Creek Resorts area. The resort is surrounded on each side by the Walt Disney World® Resort and is just off Epcot Drive, providing easy access to Interstate 4 and the Osceola Parkway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Hotel Orlando
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek Florida