“Free wifi, free hot breakfast, free shuttle to Epcot only”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #98 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed for 12 nights in Dec 2012 with my 3 kids. This is my 1st visit to Orlando.

The wifi in the hotel room has a really strong signal, and very fast download speed too.

The breakfast spread is great - waffles, toast bread, oat porridge, hamburgers, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh bananas, scrambled eggs & meat patties, coffee & tea, fruit juice, milk, a variety of corn flakes. But go before 9am, if you want bananas because they run out after that time.

The theme park free shuttle goes only to Epcot. Disney provides free connecting shuttles from Epcot to the other Disney theme parks.

There is no free shuttle to Universal Studios / Island of Adventure. But the free shuttle to Epcot takes you to Universal for a fee of $10 per person (2-way).

There is a separate free shuttle to the Premium Outlets shopping mall.

The theme park free shuttle's schedule is quite limited (last return trip is at 8pm from Epcot, or 10.30pm on those days when the parks have a later closing time). Better to go by public bus which allows more flexibility. Behind Fairfield, on the other side of Sheraton hotel at Palm Parkway, there is a Lynx service 50 which goes to Magic Kingdom every 30 minutes until midnight. Only $2 per trip each way for a 45 min ride. The bus stop is near the Pizza Hut. We did this so that we could stay till late at Magic Kingdom until the fireworks show at 10.30pm.

Going in the opposite direction from Magic Kingdom, the Lynx 50 goes to Sea World. There you can transfer to a Lynx 8 to Wet & Wild, then transfer to a Lynx 37 to Universal. Transfers are free if you get a transfer ticket when paying $2 on boarding the first bus. It's about 90 minutes each way including waiting time, but that's faster than the hotel free shuttle that takes even longer because it serves the Epcot passengers first, then goes round to other hotels on the way to Universal.

Better still, get a 7-day Lynx pass ($16 adult, $8 child below age 18, or 19 if still in school) - we saved a lot with this! Check the Lynx website (golynx dot com) for the documentary proof they need for child passes.

Fairfield has no restaurant on the property, but there are many food places all around. My favourite was China Buffet in the shopping centre in front of Fairfield. The buffet had a good spread, quality and taste were authentic Chinese (I am ethnic Chinese so I can tell), and very good value for money even for the a la carte items. The shopping centre also had restaurants serving Italian, Mexican and Indian food, and even a halal meat mart.

There's a Walgreen across the road where we bought bottled water by the carton, among other things.

The neighbourhood around Fairfield Inn seems safe. Almost every night, my kids and I returned from the theme parks after 11pm. We encountered no problems nor passed by any rough characters while walking back to the hotel from the bus stop.

The room does not have an in-room safe. Small safe deposit boxes are available at the front desk, but there’s no place to safe-keep your laptop in the hotel room, if you didn’t wish to lug it around the whole day at the theme parks. This was the only disappointing thing about Fairfield Inn.

I had booked a 2-Queen bed room for myself & the 3 kids. The mattress is firm, and pillows are soft. The hotel room has a flat screen TV, a writing desk, an armchair, a hair dryer, an ironing board (but no iron), a coffee maker, and a mini fridge. The air conditioner can be adjusted to any temperature to cool or heat the room. The bathroom towels are white & clean. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and a shower cap are provided. The room had a lingering smell of medicated oil, probably spilled by the previous occupant. Other than that, I was quite happy with the room.

Fairfield also has a laundry room at one end of the corridor (I was on the 3rd floor), with 2 washing machines and 2 dryers. $1.25 for each wash/dry cycle. I found this very useful.

The Fairfield staff were friendly and helpful. My flight arrived on the first day before 6am. The night duty manager allowed us to partake of the free breakfast even though he could not check us in at that time. He also let us store our baggage in the back office. Later, at around 8am, as I made an enquiry at the front desk about the shuttle buses to the theme parks, the day duty manager Carlos found out about my early arrival, and he very kindly took the trouble to find a room for me, and I was allowed an early check-in within 15 minutes! Thanks, Carlos!

13  Thank BernieTMN
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with our beautiful hotel and for sharing this extremely informative review that mentions so many points of interest for other guests. We would like to clarify that the free Disney shuttles go to the Disney transportation center at Epcot. From that point, Disney provides free transportation to the other three Disney theme parks. In addition to this free transportation, we offer other free items such as parking, hot breakfast and high speed internet access which all combine to make a stay in our hotel a great value. We hope you and your family will to return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando if you return to the Walt Disney World area in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

I am a bit surprised this hotel has such high marks. We stayed here in late November our last night of our Disney trip using my Marriott Rewards. The parking here is VERY limited as it is attached to a shopping center, we had to park around the backside of the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The first room we were put in apparently had a water leak outside of it and had a huge drying fan right outside the front door. Completely understand things happen and the front desk gladly accommodated us by moving us into a new room (in front of the elevators). The elevator noise turned out wasn't bad, so we stayed. The room itself seemed dated to me, the bathroom, toilet specifically had a brown and pink ring around it. The hotel was quite crowded in the morning and the small dining room for the continental breakfast was too cramped, so we skipped that and went and picked up something later. The front desk manager did credit our stay back to Marriott Rewards and apologized for the state of the room.

I give the staff here a huge thumbs up, they were very professional and cordial. The property, which I believe was recently acquired by Marriott leaves a bit to be desired for me however.

1  Thank DrizztD
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

On behalf of the entire team of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. We thank you for choosing to stay with us on this visit and for sharing your thoughts in this review of our hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

I have stayed in hotels over 110 nights this year, many fairfield Inns included. This is easily the best fairfield inn i have stayed in. Great customer service, beautiful hotel, and anything you could expect from a hotel of this class. It does seem a bit odd that it is in the middle of a shopping center parking lot but guess this is because they did not have a choice for the location when they picked the hotel hey purchased. :-)

Will definitely stay here next time I am in Orlando.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Paul B

The feedback from a guest that stays over 110 nights a year in hotels is very interesting and we are pleased to hear the high praise from you. We thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate that you and your family choose to stay at our hotel and we look forward to your return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista when you visit the Orlando Disney area again.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

We normally visit Orlando in December and for the last few years have made this hotel our base. This year our party included a Down Syndrome adult who wanted their own but adjoining room.

I contacted the hotel prior to booking and the manager was fantastic. He was very generous with his time listing the available options, and the rooms were exactly as requested when we arrived.

On most trips I find it takes a day or two to get settled in but this hotel feels like home as soon as we arrive. The vast majority of the staff have been with the hotel for many of our previous visits and I always take this as a good sign.

Every year we notice little changes that are been made to the hotel. Reception areas got a great facelift, dinning area was upgraded, phone system changed, rooms were refurbished, all TV's now seem to be large flat screen.

This year I noticed that wi-fi had been extended from just the lobby to all rooms. It's the first time I have always seen full bars and no sign in screens and best of all it was free. Well done management this is how it should be done. There are a lot of hotels who could learn from this.

Location is great, breakfast is included, shuttle to Disney is available.

Lets hope we make it back next year.

3  Thank joe201

We thank you for returning again this year to visit us and for your review of our hotel. We appreciate that you shared your positive views on our long term team, the beautifully renovated hotel and the free Wi-Fi which is so popular with many guests. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel in recent years and we hope you and your family will return next year to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Walt Disney area.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed here two nights early December in a 1 bedroom King Suite. Everything in the suite was spotless, well arranged and inviting. Quiet and efficient a/c-heating, comfortable King bed, and dustless furniture. Had requested an early check in with extra towels on a high floor and everything was ready for our arrival. Room was on the mall side but there was no traffic noise. Parking was not a problem and although right next to a strip mall did not feel unsafe even returning late at night.
Breakfast was normal for a Fairfield Inn and the dinning attendants made sure everything was available, refilling hot foods, breads, coffee (which was not the usually weak variety but rather full bodied), fruits and other offerings as soon as needed. Tables were cleaned as soon as they were vacated and the entire area was very welcoming.
Drove to Mt. Dora the first night, (about 35 minutes) and used the FREE shuttle to Epcot the next day. Shuttle runs numerous times each day and the last one back at night from Epcot was at 10:30Pm so you could watch the closing fireworks and still make the bus.
Restaurants, food markets and drugstores all conveniently located nearby.
With great accommodations, superb, friendly and customer focused staff, hot breakfast and free shuttle, no reason to stay anywhere else when visiting the area.

Room Tip: As expected for the area many families with children stay here. Higher floors away from the elevato...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Notanewbe
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

We would like to extend a warm thank you for your extremely informative review that shares so much information about our beautiful hotel with other travelers, many of which who have not had yet the opportunity to stay with us. This really helps future guests to learn all about the experience they have waiting for them during their stay. We thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope you will return to visit the newest Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Orlando if you return to the Lake Buena Vista Disney area.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is one of the better Fairfield Inn's I've been too. The staff were exceptionally nice, the breakfast was more than I expected (waffles, breakfast sandwiches, and bagels/fruit). There's a decent gym and you can buy Disney tickets on site. The only con I would say is that the shuttle to Disney is very infrequent so you have to rely on driving. No big deal.
This place is excellent value. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I would get a room on 5 so no one is above you.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mountainview29

The guest services desk that sells tickets to the Disney and other local attractions is very popular in the morning times and their services usually conclude around noon. There are three scheduled departures every day to the Disney transportation center at Epcot and three scheduled return trips every day from the same area. These times change occasionally, so we recommend guests get the most current schedule from our front desk team or guest services. Our fitness or exercise room that you mentioned has an excellent variety of new equipment from Life Fitness such as 2 treadmills, 2 cross training machines and a recumbent bike, all with a 17” TV attached. The room also has a dumbbell rack with weights. Thank you for sharing your review and we are pleased to hear you would stay again with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Disney area.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight for a Disney visit. Nice contemporary design is observed immediately upon entry at the front desk and lobby area. It adjoins to the breakfast area that is also nicely designed. Our breakfast on the following morning there was very good with both hot and cold items available. Understand that complimentary breakfast that is offered at most all hotels is not a Shoneys breakfast buffet. It is usually sustenance to help get your day started. There was a nice offering though.
The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. My head hit the pillow and I was out. It was a great nights rest in a clean stylish room with a comfortable bed and within one mile from a Disney entrance for a reasonable price - under $100. What more can you ask?
There are a plethora of eating establishments nearby serving all sorts of food. A grocery store is around the corner and a Walgreens is across the steeet. Anything that you need is nearby.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert G
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for sharing this very informative and well written review of our hotel with other future guests of ours. We also thank you for posting the picture of our beautifully decorated breakfast area and for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to experience many of the amenities and services we have to offer as well as the local dining/shopping options. We hope you will find the opportunity to come back to stay with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista on your next trip to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.