“Great Newly Acquired Marriott property”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #101 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Great Newly Acquired Marriott property”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Because it previously was a Comfort Inn and Suites, the rooms are large and nicely appointed. The standard king rooms have a small sofa to sit on that the queen rooms to not, just keep that in mind to ensure the room fits your needs.

Nicely managed, the associates are super friendly. My parents stay at this hotel when it is available over others when they come visit - the front desk remembered them from previous visits and upgraded them to a nicer room!

The free breakfast is nicely appointed with a wide variety of food - it can get crowded quickly, though so plan your timing accordingly. However, the breakfast crew are on top of replenishing and cleaning the tables for a quick turnover.

Overall, a wonderful Marriott property!

Room Tip: king rooms have a small sofa, queen rooms do not - keep in mind when asking about bed types.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Our standard king rooms and also our king suites provide a pullout sofa bed which many families look for in their hotel accommodations. The sofa bed is not available in our rooms with two queen size beds. We have received extremely positive feedback since upgrading from a Country Inn & Suites. Our past guests who have seen the hotel before the change to Fairfield Inn & Suites are amazed at the changes to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming your family back again to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Walt Disney area.

Sean Lower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
florida
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a quick Disney trip. Looks recently remodeled and very clean. Rooms good size and average size bathroom. Pool on small side, but overall a great stay. Would stay again for a quick visit. Might a pick a hotel with bigger pool if I was staying for a week.

Stayed April 2014
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
We thank you for helping to share the word about our “hidden gem” of a hotel in the Orlando Walt Disney World area with other travelers. We also thank you for choosing to stay at our beautiful hotel. We are pleased to hear that you would stay again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista in the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Disney area.

Erskine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have stayed here a number of times when on vacation, in its current name and also when it was a "Country Inn & suites" Highly recommended, even the staff recognised us from previous visits.
Breakfast is great, although sometimes busy, you are never short of choice as staff are always refilling the supplies.
The waffles are the best!
We will be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank syoung712
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel over the years. Our complimentary hot breakfast provides a delicious start to the day for our guests and the smell of waffles being made in the morning is the best. We look forward to welcoming you back again to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Walt Disney area.

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

As a Marriott reward's member, I have come to 'expect' certain things when staying at a Marriott property... this hotel did not deliver. I chose to use my Marriott rewards points for this stay, and I called before arriving to question about a complimentary up-grade. I was told that one was available, and they would change my reservation. When I arrived at the hotel, it was not available, and the girl at the front desk said that all up-grades are given at check-in. She bluntly told me that this is not what I was told on the phone... not off to a good start. Checked into a King room, which was fine... but the air conditioner was so loud that I could not think. I called the front desk, and they sent a man to fix it... the man told us that the air is always like this, but he suggested that we turn it off... not a choice. He did not even look or touch the air conditioner. It was too late, or I would have changed hotels. Then... there was so much noise in the hallway, because the doors are obviously paper thin. At 1:05 a.m., I called the front desk and was told that the hotel is booked with families (I get that it's near Disney), and hopefully everyone would be settled in soon... didn't seem like a good response to me. Finally... the icing on the cake was when my husband and I went to shower in the morning. There was 1 (yes, I said one) large towel and a lot of hand towels over the tub... 1 towel! There was not a manager when we checked out, and I was told that there was nothing that could be done because we used points. Does it mean that if we use points we don't get service or a quiet night's sleep? While the hotel is in a good location and has a fine breakfast, I do not think I would return... and this causes me to re-consider other companies besides Marriott. I felt that I used points to pay for a good night's sleep and a shower with towels in the morning, none of which I got.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Beginningsteps
On behalf of the entire team of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista, I would like to offer our sincere apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. When I read this review it felt like I was reading about another hotel since this is the opposite of the feedback we are accustomed to receiving. While our team is not perfect and we do occasionally make mistakes, it is rare to have problems with so many departments in the hotel. Every team in our hotel is working on corrective actions to eliminate these problems from happening again in the future. We hope you would consider giving the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista a second chance in the future to show you this in not the service that our guests typically receive.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for one night when visiting Universal Studios. The property looks quite new and modern. The free breakfast was very good with fruits, waffle maker, eggs, sausage, etc. It did get very crowded at 9:45 though - I waited 5 minutes for the waffle maker. Parking wasn't an issue late at night; I was always able to find space in the lot provided. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Our breakfast hours at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista are from 6:30 – 10:00 am daily and the last hour of breakfast service is usually the busiest time. For people looking for a more quiet breakfast experience we recommend arriving earlier in the morning. We thank you for sharing your review and we hope you will be able to return and stay again with us again on a future visit to the Orlando Disney area.

Succasunna, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The bed was comfortable and the decor was nice, but there were issues: the dresser drawers would not close. (Maybe this is why we found a pillow in each of the bottom drawers.) The WiFi didn't work the last few days. The parking was very limited. Housekeeping didn't supply enough hand towels and face cloths each day. (We asked and were given more, only to have them taken away the next day!) I wouldn't say that this was a terrible stay, but with all the choices of hotels in the area, we'll choose another next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane T
Our team would like to thank you for sharing this review of our hotel and to apologize for the challenges you experienced. Our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams are utilizing this information to fine tune their services to ensure we learn from these mistakes. Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista for your trip to the Orlando Walt Disney World area. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance again in the future.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying we are Disney Vacation Club Members and always stay on Disney property when visiting the Orlando area. My husband had earned some free Nights through Marriott so we decided to stay at this hotel for a short visit. This hotel was clean, comfortable and well appointed. The breakfast in the morning was a nice touch and had a lot of variety, however it was extremely busy and hard to find a table. The pool was fine, the kids swam in it one evening and enjoyed themselves, it is just a standard pool. This is a fine hotel for anyone staying in LBV not visiting Disney....Here is my biggest tip, if you are coming to Lake Buena Vista specifically to visit Disney, then do yourself a favor and stay on Disney property. You will have access to their transportation which is so much better than parking and you will avoid the nightmare traffic outside of Disney in LBV. Plus you can almost always get a Disney Moderate resort for the same price as this Fairfield...so to me it is a no brainer! If you are still going to stay off property this would be a great place to rest your head at night but not a place for hanging out by the pool etc.
We did have an issue with the hotel placing numerous holds on our credit card, however this was sorted out promptly for us! The staff was very friendly!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Carm2226
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
We thank you for sharing your review and your comments about the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista with other travelers. We do appreciate the business from our Marriott Rewards members who enjoy the all the benefits of membership. For our guests who are not Marriott Rewards members yet, we encourage them to join this great guest reward program. We thank you for giving our hotel a try.