Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #106 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had originally booked the Doubletree hotel, which is just two buildings down from this Fairfield. The Doubletree is a little closer to the Universal entrance, but after reading ratings on Trip Advisor I found that this Fairfield seemed to be much more highly rated. Also, the Fairfield has free parking and free breakfast, two things that can really add up for a family in the course of a week. I canceled my Doubletree reservation and booked the Fairfield.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Emanoel very kindly managed to upgrade our room at check-in, and was so pleasant and helpful several times when I came to the desk with questions or requests. The breakfast area was always fully stocked, and the selection was quite good. The decor is nice, and everything looked fresh and new. The housekeeping staff does a great job in the room and the common areas (make sure to drop them a few bucks every day, they work hard!) And there are cookies in the lobby area, at least sometimes. It was always a surprise, and we'd hope to find them.

The shuttle is scheduled, and only does one trip over in the morning (it was timed to get you to the park right when the gates opened, so for us in January it was 8:45 AM), and one trip back in the evening 25 minutes after the park closed (7:25 PM in January). We found that a little restrictive, as that is just too long a day. We would either take shuttle one way and walk the other, or we simply drove over to Universal. Parking at Universal was reasonable at $15 a day, because you could come and go and not have to pay again. So, we'd go to the park while, come back and rest, and then head over to CityWalk for dinner. If you don't want to pay to park, the walk one way is do-able but takes 15 to 20 minutes. (There are cute little lizards on the sidewalk. We had fun watching the dozens of them scurry away as we approached.) But with all the park walking, we just treated ourselves to parking at Universal. (If we had stayed at Doubletree, then we would have been paying to park at both the hotel and the park, which would have been ridiculous.) The shuttle is nice, it is a bus so we had no worries of not getting a seat. The driver was friendly and prompt.

Thanks, Fairfield staff! You earned your 5 "dot" rating here. :) Excellent service, very nice hotel!

5  Thank ChrisdeB_12
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you for choosing us for your Orlando trip and for taking the time to share about your experience during your stay! You picked us versus full service DoubleTree Hotel and that's a big compliment for us!
I am glad you enjoyed our amenities and the service provided by our team! Thank you for your kind words and for your "5-dot" rating!
We hope to see you again soon and have wonderful day!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I went to visit family and my sister got the flu so we wanted to stay at a hotel at the last minute trying to avoid getting sick. I went on trip advisor to seek out a hotel that was close by. The reviews were spot on. The customer service was better than a lot of 5* hotels I have been to. The second night we were there, the parking lot was full. I had my fiance run inside to ask the front desk where we should park. As I'm waiting there I see the front desk staff (Mariant) running to move her car for me. She actually moved her spot so I could park there and who knows where she ended up putting her car. She didn't have to do that, but she went way beyond her professional call of duty and with a smile. She was wonderful, as was all the other staff members at this hotel. The room was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I just always ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! While there are many lodging options in Orlando area, I am glad you have chosen us and, moreover, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!
Mariant is one of our newest team members, however she has already become a favorite between our valued guests for her genuine kindness and, believe it or not, humor! I apologize for your inconvenience with lack of parking and I am glad Mariant was able to help you.
I appreciate your kind words about all our staff members and hope to see you again next time you are in Orlando!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

I met a childhood friend for a weekend at Universal Studios and was blown away by the hotel - most especially the welcoming and well informed registration staff! The young man arranged for a taxi since we had missed the shuttle to Universal and engaged in friendly conversation when we checked out the following morning. The room was comfortable and well maintained and the breakfast - ending at 11 am - was exceptional! If you're going to the Orlando area, don't think twice - this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CathyK76837
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you for your review! I appreciate you speaking so highly of our staff's service and knowledge of the local area as well as recommending our hotel to others.
Hope we will see you again soon and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Our experience at this hotel was excellent! We stayed two different times during the past week and both times were perfect. Rooms were spotless, and the hotel is centrally located. We were assisted by Emanoel during both visits, he was professional, friendly and extremely helpful during our stays...i can't say enough about the level of customer service he gave us, I wish every hotel had people like this at the desk!

1  Thank Brian D
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for your review! Emanoel is one of our shining stars and I am very glad to hear that you found his service outstanding.
While there are many lodging choices in Orlando, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel.
Hope to see you again soon and have a great day!

Reviewed 14 January 2012

This was an excellent hotel experience! I've stayed at several hotels and did research before choosing a hotel for a trip to Universal Studios. I was very pleased! Excellent rooms, great decor, beds comfortable, shower - great water pressure, flat screen tv. The free breakfast included several choices including waffle maker, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels, etc.. The staff was friendly and helpful and gave out coupons for area attractions. It's in walking distance to Universal, so we didn't have to pay to park - bonus!! It's also in walking distance to restaurants. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nichole17

Thank you for your review and I am very happy to hear you had a great experience at our property! I am glad you were pleased with our staff as well as services and amenities we provide. Not having to pay for parking at Universal is definitely a "bonus", however if next time you do not feel like walking- feel free to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle.
Again, thank you very much for your comments and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

This hotel is great and the people are very helpful and friendly!! However, one person really stood out. I left my mac charger at home and I'm totally lost without my mac laptop. JP happened to have an extra one from his computer and he gave it to me!! He's my knight in shining armor!! Thanks JP!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! It's always great to hear when our guests point out our team members' friendly and helpful service; thank you very much for your kind words!
JP is our Chief Engineer and I honestly sometimes wonder myself if there is anything at all that he does not have or anything he cannot fix! He is a valuable addition to our management team and I am happy he was a great help to you as well.
Hope to have you stay with us next time you are in Orlando and have a great day!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

The hotel is well located. Just few minutes from the hotel you can find several restaurants, millenia mall and premium outlet.
Room: bed is confortable, shower is nice. Both very clean.
Breakfast: few options, just like any other hotel in this category.
Staff: very friendly and helped us with everything we needed.
Negative points:
The room doesn't have a safe. We had to use in the reception.
In the second day we noticed the hair dryer were not working. We informed the reception and immediately they left an electric screw driver over the sink.???? At night i complaint about it and finally they fixed the dryer.

I would return to this hotel. I recoomend to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience.
I am sorry for your inconvenience with the hairdryer in the room and, of course, for our engineer leaving a tool behind! I am glad to hear however that we got it fixed for you. You are correct, there are no safes in guest rooms; all guests are welcome to take advantage of those at the front desk- free of charge.
Thank you very much for choosing us while in Orlando area and for recommending our hotel to others! We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!