I had originally booked the Doubletree hotel, which is just two buildings down from this Fairfield. The Doubletree is a little closer to the Universal entrance, but after reading ratings on Trip Advisor I found that this Fairfield seemed to be much more highly rated. Also, the Fairfield has free parking and free breakfast, two things that can really add up for a family in the course of a week. I canceled my Doubletree reservation and booked the Fairfield.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Emanoel very kindly managed to upgrade our room at check-in, and was so pleasant and helpful several times when I came to the desk with questions or requests. The breakfast area was always fully stocked, and the selection was quite good. The decor is nice, and everything looked fresh and new. The housekeeping staff does a great job in the room and the common areas (make sure to drop them a few bucks every day, they work hard!) And there are cookies in the lobby area, at least sometimes. It was always a surprise, and we'd hope to find them.
The shuttle is scheduled, and only does one trip over in the morning (it was timed to get you to the park right when the gates opened, so for us in January it was 8:45 AM), and one trip back in the evening 25 minutes after the park closed (7:25 PM in January). We found that a little restrictive, as that is just too long a day. We would either take shuttle one way and walk the other, or we simply drove over to Universal. Parking at Universal was reasonable at $15 a day, because you could come and go and not have to pay again. So, we'd go to the park while, come back and rest, and then head over to CityWalk for dinner. If you don't want to pay to park, the walk one way is do-able but takes 15 to 20 minutes. (There are cute little lizards on the sidewalk. We had fun watching the dozens of them scurry away as we approached.) But with all the park walking, we just treated ourselves to parking at Universal. (If we had stayed at Doubletree, then we would have been paying to park at both the hotel and the park, which would have been ridiculous.) The shuttle is nice, it is a bus so we had no worries of not getting a seat. The driver was friendly and prompt.
Thanks, Fairfield staff! You earned your 5 "dot" rating here. :) Excellent service, very nice hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
- Fairfield Inn Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando
- Orlando Fairfield Inn
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida