“Perfect for visiting Universal Parks”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #123 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Excellent location for visiting Universal theme parks (i.e. a nice 15 minute walk down a landscaped sidewalk with a water view as you get closer to the parks). The standard rooms are spacious, but could have included queen size beds instead of doubles. An annoyance with the beds was that the fitted sheets came off the mattresses every night, so Fairfield should maybe look at different bedding. The breakfast was excellent and the dining area was just the right size. Overall, the Fairfield Universal was perfect for an economical family vacation at Universal.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Darren G
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear about the bedding issues you seemed to be having during your stay and I promise to look into it. We hope you will choose us again next time you are traveling to Orlando area. Have a great day!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here on our trip to Universal Studios. It's within walking distance to the park which is great to save on parking and gas! They offer shuttles to and from the park however we often missed them as they were super early at 7 am and picked up really late at 9:45pm. The hotel staff did offer to call us a cab that only cost $8 dollars which is cheaper than then what they charge for parking. The best thing about this place was the free breakfast! It was a really good spread which had everything from bagels to fresh waffles. The pool was also very nice and relaxing. The hotel was kept clean and the rooms were very nice. The hotel staff was also great allowing us to cheak in early and head to the theme park. Overall this is a great place to stay and in a great location to Universal Studios!

2  Thank sophia g
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Thank you very much for your review and the excellent rating! I am glad you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your kind words about our room cleanliness, complimentary breakfast and service. We hope to have you stay with us next time you are visiting Orlando. Have a great day!

Reviewed 18 July 2012

The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable, it was a decent hotel for the price.

The customer service wasn't so great. I called the day we arrived to see if early check-in was possible. The woman on the phone informed me I had booked a handicap room (I booked on Priceline and didn't realize), wasn't a big deal, I just let her know that I didn't actually need a handicap room in case someone actually needed it but I she kind of snapped at me.

We stayed there two nights and on the first night our toilet was having issues and wouldn't stop running. On our way out for the day in the morning I put in a request for it to be fixed but when I got back that evening it was still broken. When I checked out the next morning I let the young woman at the front desk know but she didn't seem to care much.

2  Thank Tanya L

Thank you for your review. While I am glad to hear that you found your room comfortable, I am very sorry to hear you did not have a great service experience during your stay. We do take your comments very seriously and your feedback is paramount to our team to continue improving on delivering a superb customer service. I can only hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again in future. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here in October 2010. The place was the perfect size, great continental breakfast, helpful staff and free internet. Close to lot of attractions and outlet stores.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review and for your excellent rating! I do want to let you know that since last time you have stayed with us we have improved our accommodations and amenities! We hope to see you again next time you are travelling to Orlando area!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I just stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Universal the weekend of 7 and 8 July 2012. This was my fourth stay since January and I have no complaints. I arrived at the hotel at 11:30am and Veronika was very friendly and efficient. Though my room wasn't ready for check in, she offered to call my cell phone when the room was ready. I appreciated this as I really couldn't wait to walk over to Universal Studios and start my mini-break. As promised, she called me. That evening I found out there was no hot water in the shower. I talked to Renee at the front desk and she apologized and said someone would come to the room and look at it. No lie, 5 minutes later the maintenance guy was there getting all fixed. Renee called back to be sure I had hot water. This is awesome service. I choose this hotel because I can walk to Universal Studios and the green line of the I-Drive trolley (easy access to go outlet shopping). The hotel provides a couple of shuttles to the Universal Resort and to the Premium Orlando outlet mall (check at front desk as times vary by season). Breakfast is good, Jimmy Dean microwave biscuits, various bagels and breads and make your own waffles. The free wifi in the rooms and through out the property were good connections and decent speeds on my Nook tablet. I tell people about this hotel whenever they mention going to Universal. I've only stayed in the studio suites with king bed, but can tell you, they are a nice size...good space to spread out, two TVs and mini fridge with microwave. The bed is nice, Marriott puts great linens in all their chains. Thank you to all the staff at this hotel for another great stay. I will be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Terri D
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and for your outstanding rating! I am very happy you were very pleased with our staff service! Our team here takes great pride in going over and beyond for our valued guests and very much appreciate compliments like yours. Thank you for staying with us and recommending our property to your friends and family. Have a great day!

Reviewed 12 July 2012

I must say that "Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios" at Vineland Road; is ONE OF THE BEST hotels I have ever stayed in the US. First, the Front Staff Team (especially Daniel and Renee) were very helpful as well as friendly, which made my 11 days long-stay extremely pleasant! Secondly, the complimentary breakfast was a steal - loved the bagels and hot dog roll! And, the FREE 2-ways shuttle cab service to Premium Outlets was the BEST retail therapy treatment! In addition, they have daily shuttle bus service (free) to Universal Studios except that the timing is not very convenient to me! And, there are several restaurants just within 5 mins walk - Kobe Steak House (must try the Chinese Set Meal); Thai Island Restaurant (own by this super nice couple - Sam and his dear wife that made fantastic Thai Fried Rice and Curry); the Mexican restaurant - Border Grill next to the Thai restaurant served excellent Taco Salad. If you love Italian Food, the cozy restuarant across the road whipped tasty pasta! Last but not least, Starbucks and WalGreens (24 hrs) are just opposite the hotel. In conclusion, the hotel has an excellent location. Of course, the main reason that I would stay in this hotel again is because of the helpful and friendly front desk crews! You guys rock! Not forgetting, the self-service laundry. The only tiny regret is that the chamber maid tends to forget to clean your room - twice during my stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BB2015LWT

Thank you for calling us "one of the best" and for your 5-star rating! It's great to hear you enjoyed your long stay with us! Thank you for sharing a plethora of information about our surrounding area mentioning even smallest "hole- in -wall" eateries that I must agree have very good food! The cleaning ladies missed your room on a couple of occasions due to a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. For future, please remove the sign at least by 1 pm or simply call the Front Desk and we'll be happy to come by and clean your room. We hope to have you come back and stay with us again next time you are in Orlando and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We needed a hotel close to the airport. We came in around 9:00 on Sunday night, July 8th and asked if they had a room. The front desk people (there were 2) were very pleasant and knew right away that they had a room available. The rate was good, the room was nice, the bed was very comfortable. We had time before our flight the next day and swam in the outdoor pool. Very nice. The breakfast was good and everything was very clean. We had just came from Daytona Beach and the hotels are very old and it was very expensive. This was so much better for a lot less. We stay in the Fairfields whenever we can and have always like them. Thsi was no exception. It's also close to a lot of restaurants that you can walk to.

Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you very much for your review! I appreciate your compliments about our service and cleanliness. We hope you will choose us again next time you are travelling to Orlando.