“Family-friendly hotel with excellent staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #88 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Family-friendly hotel with excellent staff”
Reviewed 24 December 2012

This is a very busy hotel with visitors from all over the world. The staff obviously are kept very busy and work hard to take care of the guests. The dining area is small and it is difficult to pass through during peak hours; however the desk clerk informed me that they plan to expand the dining area and serve more hot foods buffet-style in the near future. The pool is outside, so no swimming on colder days. Nice rooms, but could benefit from more plugs for all of the gadgets a family brings! Overall, a friendly, clean, well-managed hotel. We will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Missysmithdc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Santa Clarita
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My husband and I usually try to stay at Marriott Hotels because we know we will have a clean, reasonably priced place to stay. This was beyond just a clean place to stay. The employees had a smile every time we saw them and were helpful not just to us, but to every guest I saw them in contact with. The location was great! We could walk to Universal Parks (exactly a mile) and it was located close to other shopping. They offered a shuttle to the parks and Outlet Mall for those who wanted it. We were going to join our friends and a fancier hotel closer to the park but chose FFI instead and were glad we did. We saved over $500 over the 5 nights not including the amount we saved on parking fees. FFI also has a free breakfast. Thank you Marriott for another great experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jamie c
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I'm not sure how useful this review will be as I stayed here for less than 12 hours, but in the spirit of TripAdvisor I thought I'd share my two cents.

I came to Orlando for a conference and I was led to believe that the conference hotel was on the iRide shuttle line. I dislike renting cars when I travel so I chose this hotel simply because it was a Marriott property and it was on the iRide line.

The staff at check in was friendly and gave me an iRide map, but when I got to my room and tried to figure out which stop I needed for the conference, I realized that it was no where near iRide. Due to the high price of taxis I decided to switch to the Marriott Grand Vista resort just because it was much closer.

That has little to do with the hotel, but I thought it was necessary to explain why I only stayed one night.

Anyway, what can I say. This is a Fairfield Inn near Universal. My local friends who dropped me off were a little leery of the neighborhood but I didn't see much wrong with it. I don't expect much from Fairfields and this place gave me exactly what I expected.

Although I requested a king room, I got two doubles in room 603 on the top floor. Other than that the staff was pleasant and the room was clean. I got in around 10pm on Monday and left at 7am on Tuesday.

In the future this wouldn't be my first choice, but if it was convenient and inexpensive I wouldn't be upset if I had to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sortova
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear you did not get to stay with us longer. Our hotel is located on the I-Ride Trolley line and the stop is right next to us however I understand it's quite a long ride to the convention center and you preferred to stay closer to the conference. In spite of that, I am glad you did enjoy our accommodations and hope you will stay with us when you are coming to the Universal Orlando area. Have a great day!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I spent one week in this hotel and I have to say that the service was Awesome. The people who work there are super friendly and helped me in different situations. The last day I forgot something and they help me find it. Thank you Daniel and Denis for your help :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GreenPepa
Thank you for your review and excellent rating. Daniel and Denis are very excited about your compliments. I am very happy you had a pleasant stay and hope to have you stay with us again during your future trips to Orlando. Have a happy and safe holiday season!
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 December 2012

My husband and I had not been to Universal Studios in Orlando in many years, and wanted to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. After looking at a lot of alternatives on line I chose to stay here, mostly for the location within easy walking distance of the Universal entrance and the Marriott points. I like the Fairfield Inns I have used in the past, which provide what is most essential to me without any fuss. This is not a resort property with a beautiful pool and excellent restaurant. It is a wonderful place to stay during the low season for the park (end of November), when the crowds are small, the lines for attractions are short, and the weather is comfortable for walking about all day. We had perfect weather while we were there, temperatures in the low 70's. The continental breakfast was better than most, with hot oatmeal, walnuts, cinnamon and raisins, boiled eggs, and bananas every morning. There were also waffles and breakfast sandwiches available. I started my planning looking at the Universal website, but their partner hotel and ticket deals had 2 double beds as the room choice, and I knew that I just wanted a king bedded room without a suite. So I made the reservations on the Marriott website and got what I wanted. I figured we would just lose out on any discounts offered from Universal on meals or merchandise, but when we arrived at the hotel we were given a discount card on select restaurants and items and that turned out to be what we used. The room itself was just what I expected in a Fairfield Inn of its vintage. The counter space around the sink was a bit small. The bed was comfortable. There were lots of TV chanels with Direct TV on a flat screen. The staff was always helpful and cheerful. Free parking, free internet, clean, smoke free hotel. I felt that I got good value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hijinks7
Thank you very much for your review and for your 5-out of-5 rating! It seems like you picked out a great time to travel to Orlando and visit the amusement parks! Thank you for sharing the information about our accommodations and services with other travelers. We hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful holiday season!
Carver, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Clean room+ free breakfast+ nice gym and pool = nice stay.
I would stay here again. Easy check in front desk person was friendly, nice clean room with clean bathroom. Free Internet access and free parking. A lot of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed November 2012
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
That's a great equation! I am very happy we met your needs and you had a nice stay. We hope you will choose us again for you future trips to Orlando area. Thank you for your review and hope you have a great holiday season!
md
Reviewed 28 November 2012

If you want a property that is close to the park, but not to expensive, this is a good choice. Clean, comfortable rooms . It offers a good breakfast in the morning. The rooms have a mini-fridge along with the usual amenities- coffee maker, etc. It is about 10minutes away from the Universal Studios.Parking is free.It is walking distance from Walgreens and Burger King and about a mile or so from a lot of good restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and location as well as found good value for your money. We hope to have you stay with us next time you are visiting Orlando area. Have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area
Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando
Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites
#114 of 337 in Orlando

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Property: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Address: 5614 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#37 Business Hotel in Orlando
#39 Green Hotel in Orlando
#87 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#87 Family Hotel in Orlando
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort 2.5*
Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
Fairfield Inn Orlando
Fairfield Orlando
Orlando Fairfield Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida