Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #86 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Value and Location”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I loved this place - very clean and all of the staff were very helpful. It is within walking distance of Carrabba's, Ale House and Starbucks. Publix is around the corner. Breakfast was excellent! They had everything from cereal to waffles to hard boiled eggs and fruit! Universal Studio is right around the corner. I didn't use the pool so I can't speak about that.

Room Tip: I had no complaints about my room which actually had a view of the Ale House. It was on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnnHankinson
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff, I want to say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We would be happy to host you again the next time you find yourself in Orlando!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Room was super clean, very nice, bed is a dream...great nights sleep. The complimentary breakfast is very varied, from waffles to bagels to cereal to fruit. The staff are extremely pleasant, the front desk person even held a jibberish conversation w my toddler who managed to dial them from the room phone lol. It is a two minute drive to the Universal Studios parking lot and if you have it in you, you can honestly walk there (which again, two minute drive for me). Super impressed w this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank So_FloWonderWoman77
Thank you for your review and for excellent rating. So great to hear your stay with us was terrific and our team wow-ed you with their service! I appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stay there was perfect, there is a nice continental hot breakfast, also the staffs specially the night one was so friendly.It is so close from Universal Studios,Sea World and Disney, it also in walking distance from some great restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad you enjoyed our staff, breakfast, and close proximity to the parks. Have a great day!
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I think the location of your hotel in Orlando is more important than the decor etc because we certainly didn't spend much time in ours. In this regard the Fairfield Inn was perfect - parking always was available, we walked safely to Islands of Adventure in less than 20 minutes and the room was spacious and clean.

We didn't use the pool but it did look pretty basic and small. The breakfast was pretty good - not the best quality food but lots of choice and we never had to wait for a table. My main issue with the hotel was the fact that the applied a room service charge to my credit card after I checked out that took 3 phone calls from Ireland to the US to solve (including the first one where I was told that charging a credit card was standard practice and happened in every hotel in the world). SInce then the issue has been solved and to be fair the last lady I dealt with was very pleasant but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I would still recommend the hotel, it ticked every box for us and it really has a great location but I would tell anybody choosing to stay here to check their account after they leave.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jahoran
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad our hotel was ideal for your visit to Universal. I do apologize, however, for the time it took to get your issue resolved. This is definitely not something we want our guests to experience. Despite that, we thank you for your recommendations and hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Florida!
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed there with my wife on a weekend (Friday to Sunday) because we went to Orlando to visit Universal, Sea World and Magic Kingdom.

Good things I can say about this hotel:

- Rates are not high at all

- Rooms are not big, but they do are very comfortable (room space, beds, pillows). And they're also kept clean.

- Air conditioning works very good even the equipment is actually within the room (kind of like window a/c), not noisy at all.

- The people from the Lobby/reception is very kind and polite, I had an issue with the mounted hair drier that's in the bathroom's outlet, went to the lobby and they gave me another and much better unit without a problem.

- Parking is free, it has enough parking spots, the hotel was very crowded but I always had a spot to park.

Now, about the not so good things:

- The hotel has some very bright spotlights to ilumminate the building from below, those look pretty cool from outside, but if you get a room right above those spotlights, you'll find yourself trying to attach the courtains to keep that bright light out of the room.

- The breakfast is included, but, the cafeteria is so small that you might get waiting a long time for a table to sit and eat and there is no host there, that means you'll need to "watch" each table like a hawk so noone else gets it before you. I rather eat on the Burger King that it is right in front of the hotel instead of waiting and cleaning the used table by myself in the hotel. Personnel on the cafeteria, sadly is not polite and kind as the ones in the Reception/Lobby.

In conclusion, this is a good hotel, just keep in mind those to minor issues and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the reception's clerk to give you a high floor room that is "not" on the outer...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AlejandroValerin
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to write a review about your stay. I thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff, and I am sorry that the lights outside were too bright for you, and that breakfast was too busy at times. Have a wonderful day, and we hope to see you again next time you are in Orlando!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I was able to book 2 nights here using Marriott reward points. Since we planned to go to Universal Studios, this property was great. I generally stay at Courtyard properties when traveling for business but found the Fairfield Inn to be good for families.

Our stay included complimentary breakfast buffet which is a must for me since I have children. I would have preferred a fuller breakfast buffet but this was adequate (the overly boiled eggs were hard as rubber though).

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sojoerner
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are so glad you and your family had a good time. I am sorry to hear that some of the breakfast items did not meet your needs, but am happy to report that we now offer a hot breakfast, with scrambled eggs and sausage. We hope to see you again in Orlando soon!
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great location, friendly staff met all of our needs. Large selection of breakfast items and free shuttle to Universal studios. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. We will definetly stay here again for our holiday travels. Kudos to the staff and management.

Room Tip: Book early and suites are great, very quiet hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you very much for your review, your 5-star rating and for calling us "best"! I am very happy you had a great stay and our accommodation perfectly fit all your needs. We hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Clarion Inn & Suites
#128 of 338 in Orlando
Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Property: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Address: 5614 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#37 Business Hotel in Orlando
#39 Green Hotel in Orlando
#87 Family Hotel in Orlando
#87 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort 2.5*
Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Fairfield Inn Orlando
Fairfield Orlando
Orlando Fairfield Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida