Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #106 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I am fairly careful about choosing hotels – for this trip we were looking for good value, budget hotels and this is exactly what we got here. I had noticed this hotel was doing well on tripadvisor and I can concur that it is deserving of its current rating.

Check-in was quick, easy and hassle free. I had requested a room on a high floor and that is exactly what we got. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean and it was kept that way by our maid throughout the duration of our 5 night stay. The bed was comfortable and although there was some noise from traffic outside, we still slept well here with good blackout blinds.

Breakfast here was excellent. There was plenty of choice and variety for a great start to the day. We were delighted with what was on offer. The complimentary coffee throughout the day in the reception area was a huge bonus and gratefully received by us after long days in the parks.

The staff at this hotel definitely deserve their special mention – they are doing an absolutely excellent job. I honestly felt like nothing would have been trouble to them. A big thank-you for that.

The free bus shuttle to and from Universal was excellent – departing at 8.15am and going to one final hotel before a drop-off at the studios with a return @ 6.45pm on line H. The drivers were courteous and helpful and I highly recommend their service. We also walked to and from the studios a couple of times in around 15-20 minutes. It is easy to walk it, with good crossings to get across the highways.

Although there is a small pool we didn’t use it so can’t comment.

There are several restaurants’ near the hotel including TGI Fridays. We ate in the Orlando Ale House a few times which was excellent and a fraction of the cost of food at Universal CityWalk. There is also a huge Walgreens pharmacy and supermarket so that was ideal to stock up on essentials for the room.

We were asked how our stay was when we departed, there was no timeshare hard sell in this hotel, and they kept our bags while we enjoyed our last day after check-out and then organised a taxi to the airport for us. Hard to beat this one!

They lose a mark from me because there was no fridge in the room, and no in room safe. Although we used the lock box service available at the front desk free of charge this was still a bit of a hassle for us - minor niggles for an otherwise exceptional stay – I would give it 4 and a half if I could.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TAmember13
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

I cannot say how thankful I am for your comments and kind words! And I am so glad that your stay was a 'great, great, great' one! It is wonderful to hear that all aspects of your stay was great- from shuttle service, to breakfast, to your room! Our hope is to eventually get fridges in all rooms, and I apologize if this caused an inconvenience for you. However, I am glad to see that your stay was a pleasant one despite that. We hope to see you again the next time you visit sunny Orlando!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

front desk staff was extremely helpfu....the breakfast is nice (eggs, bacon and the normal continental stuff)...sooms were very very clean...even received a room upgrade!! we've stayed here a few times and definitely plan to stay there again in the future

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review, and thank you for staying with us when you come to Orlando! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay- from breakfast, to rooms, to staff. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Very good service, friendly and welcoming staff. Miquel was the bomb! Very helpful with recommendations and giving directions to destinations. Renee was also very pleasant to work with. Both went out of their way to be most accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our welcoming staff! Both Renee and Miguel are ecstatic about your comment, and appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us!

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very clean. Staff is so pleasant. Location is excellent. Breakfast plates need improvement and additional soaps are needed but would definitely stay again. Not fancy but that isn't necessary. Restaurants are close and i4 is. Lose

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Im glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from staff to location! Have a great day!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff was so friendly and helpful in every way! They arranged transportation to and from the events I was attending and answered all my questions about the area. The room was comfortable and clean and the hotel is located near Starbucks and restaurants and only a few minutes from the Mall at Millenia. A special thank you to Miguel for going above and beyond!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words about your most recent stay with us. I am so glad our staff was so helpful! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to Miguel- we are lucky to have such a dedicated member on our team! Have a great day, and we hope you will think of us next time you are in Orlando!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This is how things should be. I travel for a living and the minute I walked in the door, although he was on the phone, Miguel greeted me. He made sure to address me by name and offered to help should I need anything. This kind of service is vanishing quickly! If I am in Orlando again, I certainly will stay here. The rooms are impeccably clean as are the pool and hot tub. The hotel is in a good location, convenient to several spots tourists and business travelers alike would be likely to go. Far better than the properties I have stayed in on International Drive!

Room Tip: The corner rooms are great!
1  Thank dhawke98

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for your excellent rating! I am very happy we were able to meet your travel needs- from cleanliness to staff service. We would love to get the chance to host you again on your next visit to sunny Orlando!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff were beyond friendly. I asked for help on a couple of occasions and received great advice each time. This hotel has everything anyone would need at an exceptional price. The accommodations met and exceeded all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

I am so glad that your stay with us exceeded your expectations! We are so happy we could provide a clean place to stay and wonderful customer service to go along with it. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review, and we will see you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando
Hampton Inn Closest to Universal Orlando
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#122 of 341 in Orlando

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Address: 5614 Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32819-7827 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#37 Business Hotel in Orlando
#40 Green Hotel in Orlando
#87 Family Hotel in Orlando
#87 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £82 - £208 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort 2.5*
Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Fairfield Inn Orlando
Fairfield Orlando
Orlando Fairfield Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida