“Overall better than expected; great location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #89 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Overall better than expected; great location”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This stay was our first at a Fairfield property. What stood out with this hotel was the friendly & helpful staff and its ideal location for Universal Studios. We appreciate the convenience of hot breakfast & free shuttle to Univ Studios. I-ride trolley stops are only a short walk, there are dining spots nearby as well as a Walgreens store which we found helpful; these we didnt know at booking. Overall, my family enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at your first Fairfield property! I am especially happy that you were able to take advantage of our services, such as hot breakfast and shuttles to the theme park, and that our friendly staff made an impression! We would love the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Orlando!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here as a bridge night between Disney and Universal. My mom is a platinum level member so I had to stay at a Marriot property. Stayed in a king suite with my daughter. Thought the bed was super comfy and we had plenty of space. The front desk staff were super helpful and friendly. Burger King across the parking lot and I think there was a Benihana or some kind of Japanese restaurant within walking distance. We didn't explore further and the roads were really busy. I wouldn't have wanted to try to cross the roads!

1 Thank Thiabelle
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We always take pleasure in hosting our Platinum members and their families, and are so pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next theme park visit!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel was modern and kept very clean. This is Marriott's budget line, but I have to say their service from check-in, to breakfast, to check out was excellent compared to some higher end hotels that I have stayed at and service is very important to me. The hotel was packed for the holidays yet their breakfast area was constantly attended to and kept replenished and clean. Our room was cozy and the location is close to Universal (not recommended for walking to). The noise of the A/C would keep me from staying longer, but for a weekend getaway with the family, it was perfect!

Room Tip: Our room was towards the front on second floor, not too noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that from beginning to end your stay was a nice one. Excellent service is important to us as well, and it is wonderful to hear that you were taken care of during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a noisy A/C, but am glad it did not effect your family trip. We hope to get the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Orlando!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel a couple weeks ago, saw that it was highly rated on this website and decided to give it a try. The hotel was built in 2001, though it seemed that the hotel facilities and room were clean for the most part, it did appear that everything was starting to show their age. This was a very typical Fairfield inn, from the rooms to the continental breakfast were all what you would expect from the chain. I really appreciated the helpful staff and the coffee in the lobby. The only thing I had a problem with was the bed sheet. I usually inspect my bed sheets and covers whenever I stay at a hotel. When I checked the bed sheets before getting in bed that evening, I was surprised to find more than half a dozen hairs on the sheets and pillows. Indeed it has been quite some time since I have discovered so many hairs on the sheets of a hotel bed from the Marriott chain. I just couldn't help but wonder if the sheets had been changed before my arrival. Luckily, I did not discover any stains on the sheets, so I just pulled the hairs off the sheets and went to sleep. I do hope management can be more mindful of this issue in the future.

3 Thank tetsuatwork
Thank you for your review. I am happy your stay with us was enjoyable and consistent with the Fairfield Brand. However, I was disappointed to hear that you found hairs on your sheets- this is not what we want any of our guests to encounter. I have addressed your comments with both our Executive Housekeeping and housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your comments, and have a great day!
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family recently stayed at this hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was the perfect location for a visit to Universal Studios. The hotel offered free parking. There was a free shuttle to the theme park at 7:15 am, and it returned to the hotel at 7:45 pm. The complimentary breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and much more. There were several restaurants right across the street for lunch or dinner. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us- thank you for the review! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay- from friendly staff, to room cleanliness, to breakfast. We look forward to hosting you and your family again soon!
Kriens, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Very friendly staff. Always in a good mood, especially Miguel. Good breakfast. Clean rooms. Good eating facilities nearby.
The fitness room is small and the threadmill was broke for more the one week.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write an 'excellent' review! And thank you for your kind reviews about our front desk agent, Miguel. We are currently working to get the treadmill back up and running- I apologize it was not able to be utilized during your stay. We would love to get the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Orlando!
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Very friendly and helpfully staff, smile every time. Special Migual and russian man (name??) at the help desk, also the russian women in breakfast area. The fitnessroom is very small and smell sometimes not very good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so glad that both our front desk and breakfast staff provided you with great hospitality. I apologize the fitness center did not meet your needs- we are continuously working to make our product better! We look forward to seeing you again in sunny Orlando!
Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Comfort Suites
#115 of 339 in Orlando
Best Western Plus Universal Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Property: Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Address: 5614 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#37 Business Hotel in Orlando
#39 Green Hotel in Orlando
#87 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#87 Family Hotel in Orlando
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort 2.5*
Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Fairfield Inn Orlando
Fairfield Orlando
Orlando Fairfield Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida