Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #80 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great time”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Loved this hotel, which was minutes walk from universal studios. Clean room, friendly staff, great breakfast. Close to major roads, restaurants and shops. Also great value but we didn't use shuttle, as only once a day.

1 Thank Penny E
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am so glad to see you had a great time during your stay! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and closeness to Universal Studios. We hope you choose us the next time you visit the parks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had called this property after checking in and promptly checking out of a disastrous Motel 6 experience. We checked into Motel 6, stayed for 10 minutes and decided that it was unfit for human inhabitants, so we called the good people at Fairfield Inn and they got us in! We were beyond pleased to just walk into the lobby! But then the front desk clerk greeted us with the most amazing service and we felt like we were at the Ritz! He gave us a reduced rate, presented us with bottled water, and offered us everything but the moon, before setting us off to our room. The room was super clean and good-smelling and the beds were comfy! The cleaning staff was gracious and accommodating and the continental breakfast was delicious and the dining staff were extremely sweet and also very accommodating. I couldn't tip enough! Will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Room 419 was awesome! Right at the end of the hall and very quiet!
2 Thank wingolamo
Thank you for your beyond excellent review! I am sorry to hear that your original hotel was not as expected, but I am so glad to hear that we were able to get your settled in with a good rate and comfortable room. It is great to hear that the staff took care of you as well! We would be more then happy to see you on your next trip to Orlando!
Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We recently visited Universal for the first time and spent four days in Orlando staying at the Fairfield Inn. The room was clean and ready when we arrived. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We did have to request towels for the pool area and were promptly provided with same. The best thing about the Fairfield is the location. We were able to walk to dinner for most nights we were there as a Carrabas and Kobe are right there. Also, the hotel is only a few blocks from Universal so it was a quick drive, although there is a limited shuttle available. Only complaint would be that they clean the rooms later in the day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Universal Studios! I apologize that your room was serviced later than you would have liked. Next time, let us know what time works best for you and we will make sure to service while you area away! We hope to see you on your next trip to Orlando!
Pass Christian, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in the guy at the front desk told me I had to have a credit card for incidentals because I had a cc on file from my company and they didn't cover them! When I asked if they had movies he said no so I asked why then do I need a cc? He wouldn't let me check in until I gave him my card and he advised me it would only hold $20 but when I checked my account they had $100 on hold for incidentals! Also when entering room it smell like mold and the carpet was all wet by a/c! When I called down to front desk I was advised they were full and they had no other room available! Not once did they offer to fix or move me another day because I was there for 5 nights! Ever day I got back to the room the housekeeper turned off the a/c so it really stunk! I had to call desk and request she not touch it! Also she left her broom in my room! The money my company paid for this room was definitely not worth it!

• Stayed April 2014
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Having to stay in a musty smelling room is not something we want any of our guests to experience, and are taking corrective actions to amend this. Additionally, while we don't offer movies, it is our company policy to collect an incidental credit card on the outside chance that you would have liked to order room service during your stay. However, I will make sure to follow up with my staff about the misinformation given to you in regards to the authorization amount upon check in. I thank you again for writing, and hope you give us the opportunity to make it right for you the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and it gets cheaper the more nights you stay. The front desk staff does everything they can to please and to help with directions for your daily trek. With the eye, this hotel looks above average, but with the smell, a whole different story. Why? The AC is very musty, and there is mold that has been plastered over top of around windows on the street side of the hotel due to moisture that has come in through the windows. I am aware Orlando is a moist environment, however it seems the management and cleaning staff think musty smells are normal. We began in Room 615 and as soon as I entered it was musty. By nighttime, I had to turn off the A/C because of it being totally disgusting. The water made a dripping sound all night-and it was from around the window. We were granted a 50.00 discount for that night-which was appreciated because the hotel was full and we couldn't be moved. The next evening we were given room 515 and when entering realized the water was pooled on the window sill and dripping down on to the A/C and then to the rug below. The front staff were summoned and came to check-where they were shown the mold on the side of the window and apologized saying they'd discuss another room change. We were then put above the pool into a handicapped room. There was no leaking window and the man said, "it smells good, I checked" As soon as he left, the A/C was turned off which we could handle with temps only in the 70's-the air here too was offensive. There was a volleyball team on our floor who sat in the hallway eating and chatting loud enough for us to know their life stories as well as beer drinking in the hot tub with the volume gradually increasing below our window, but even that was acceptable as it all stopped by shutdown time. Previous to this we stayed in Dunedin by the water and never had this problem. Very disappointing for a Marriot! They need to call for some re-caulking and possible replacements of their street side windows and cleaning of the A/C as it permeates the entire hotel. PLEASE. I would have given full rating without this problem! The breakfast is the same everyday, but eggs, sausage, breads, muffins, waffles, yogurt, and cereals with many drink options makes it worth while. OH, and they make fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoons!! The beds have MEMORY FOAM and feather pillows or foam, so the comfy sleep made us thankful despite the smell. We aren't picky guests, just want to strongly encourage this hotel to fix the problem for your own rating success. It might be a bit of a pricy fix, but worth it in the end. I'd ask for rooms on the pool side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the poolside. If Musty smells don't bother you, this hotel will serve you just fi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy your stay due to musty smells and moist atmospheres in your guest rooms. I can assure you that this is not something we consider to be normal and are continuously working to amend such issues for our guests, as this is not something we want anyone to have to experience. I also apologize that the volleyball group was noisy during your stay, but am glad that they did not disturb you past quiet hours. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will allow us an opportunity to make it right for you on your next trip to Orlando.
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

When you come to Orlando, you don't really expect to get the nicest hotels...even from chains you frequent. If you're loyal to Marriott, you'll find this hotel lacking some of the niceties you're used to; BUT, they make up for it in service. Our room had a couple of issues after our first 2 nights, and the staff immediately moved us to another room. Breakfast was good and typical of a Fairfield Inn. The complimentary transport to Universal Studios was a nice-to-have, even though there was only 1 drop off and 1 pick up time...but it saved us $16 in parking fees at the park and dropped us off closer to Universal than we could have done anyway. It's not in the best part of town, but that's not Fairfield's issue. On the other hand, the hotel is across the street from the park, which is nice. All-in-all, not a bad experience.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jeremy F
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay with us. I apologize you experienced some room issues, but am so glad to hear that we were able to make it right for you during your stay. We are also working with Universal to arrange additional shuttle times, and hopefully will have that sometime in the future. We hope to host you again on your next trip to Orlando!
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 31 March 2014

One night stay. Very quiet and reasonable priced. Enjoyed this hotel more than the one on Disney's resort. Great little Mexican place nearby and Starbucks coffee across the parking lot. Good service, clean rooms, friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your 'great stay'! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean room and were able to experience our friendly staff. We would greatly enjoy the chance to host you again the next time you find yourself in the Orlando area!