Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort
Ranked #106 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The service is great. The staff is extremely pleasant. The dining service manager in the dining room at breakfast is very efficient. The room was spacious and comfortable. Universal Studios is about a one mile, easy walk away. The only negatives were that the sofa bed was very uncomfortable, the washer did not work on our floor and only three devices can be signed on to the wireless at a time. Other than that I enjoyed my short stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gillian M
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

I am so glad to hear that our staff was able to provide you with great service! It is also wonderful to hear that you were able to enjoy our close proximity to Universal Studios Orlando. While we have since fixed the guest laundry available to guests, I apologize it may have inconvenienced you during your stay. Additionally, I am sorry to see that both the sofa bed and the internet access were not up to your, or our, standards during your stay. We would appreciate the chance to make it up to you, and hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Orlando!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with 2 friends. We were due to stay in Daytona but changed our mind on the day of arrival, so we booked very last minute without looking at any reviews. The hotel was great. All the staff were very friendly and polite! The rooms were a great size and very clean as was the bathroom. The location was perfect for getting to universal. We walked but they also offer a free shuttle. For Disney or any other attractions you need to drive, but that's not a problem. It's close to restaurants but they have loads at universal too. The breakfast was a great selection, however was always busy so not always a table free. We loved the free cookies too. All in all a great hotel and great price! I would recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Filmore123

Thank you for your kind recommendation! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to the theme parks and our yummy cookies. We would love the opportunity to host you and your friends again on your next last minute trip!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My friends and I chose this hotel because we've stayed at a few Fairfields around America and loved them - this didn't disappoint! It's in a great location; a walk to Universal Citywalk and a short drive to places like Disney, Typhoon Lagoon and so on. The hotel staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and Fairfield hotels always have great facilities. We managed to clean our clothes, the pool was nice and the breakfast was lovely as always. The only problem was that the breakfast area is so small which meant we had to stand with our food and run when a family would stand up to leave the table! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

It is awesome to hear you had a really good stay with us! We are pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to the theme parks. I apologize the breakfast area may have been tight at times, and hope this did not affect your dining experience too much. We look forward to hosting you again in Orlando!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Sara at the front desk made our stay exceptional. She had a positive and friendly attitude and gave us an anniversary card. The hotel is clean, but the shower needs updating. Everyone there was polite, and they made sure our stay was comfortable. I actually have no complaints about the hotel, and I am the worse germ-o-phobic. We had a king suite, and we loved it!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are bigger and more quiet. The view is a little better on the front sid...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I look forward to sharing your kind words with Sara- she truly is a sweet and caring individual! I am glad to hear that your anniversary trip was an enjoyable one. It is also great to hear you enjoyed our king suite room. Have a great day!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel, check in staff was excellent. Room was spacious, beds were very soft and comfortable. Room seemed clean, and smelled clean. Location is directly across the street from Universal Studios and about a 15 minute drive to SeaWorld. Great family hotel. Some construction is being done on the hotel, but noise level was minimal. Breakfast was very good each morning, and offered Turkey Sausage, Scrambled Eggs, and Waffles as the hot items on the days we were there. Also has a complimentary computer and printer if you need to print theme park tickets, airline, etc. Would definitely stay here ago when we return to Orlando. Rates were very competitive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

It is wonderful to hear you and your family had a great time with us! I look forward to sharing your kind words with the staff. Our construction is completed as of now, but I am glad to hear it did not disturb you during your stay. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in sunny Orlando!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ok I am biased because I am fan of the fairfield inns. This place was nice and clean with a very friendly staff.

The free breakfast bar was bad either. I would definitely stay again. Way more cost effective than staying on either Universal resorts or Disney Resorts. And not that far from either.

This is top of my list of places to stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sirabe76
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a king review! I am so glad to hear we are your go-to hotel when you are in the Orlando area. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel was great - nice, clean, and we had a lovely spacious room.

Miguel was definitely the best aspect of this hotel. He was so warm, friendly, and always full of tips and advice.

Unfortunately we had one negative incident. I left a pandora bracelet in the room and it went missing. We checked every day with house keeping if it came out in the sheets but it never turned up. Myself and my boyfriend spent two days turning the room upside down looking for it. It is possible that it was taken accidentally - once we found the TV remote tucked into the bed - underneath two of the sheets - it had been dressed into the bed. We never left the room messy. Either way - it would have turned up, because it was closed, so maintaining a circular shape, and quite heavy with all the charms.

When it came to claiming it on insurance - it was a no go, as it wasn't in a safety security deposit box! We were never told that these were available, - not on arrival, and not once when we checked if the bracelet had shown up, - which was usually in the morning and evening every day for a week. The first time I heard of it was when I had to get a report from the manager for the insurance, via email, and she just put it into the report, even when I emailed her back telling her I hadn't been told about it.

So Miguel is great. Security is not.

Also, make yourself aware of all the additional charges, which are standard in Orlando, but you need to know them for the various hotels in advance!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aoibheann M
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I apologize that the results of our investigation did not result in your bracelet being found during your stay. However, I am pleased to hear that Miguel was able to make a lasting impression on your experience with us. Have a great day!

Travellers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Hyatt Place Orlando Universal
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#128 of 340 in Orlando
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando International Drive North

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort

Address: 5614 Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios)
Region: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#37 Business Hotel in Orlando
#40 Green Hotel in Orlando
#87 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#87 Family Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: £74 - £163 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort 2.5*
Guests feel right at home at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando near Universal Orlando Resort. Our vibrant and welcoming hotel near Universal Orlando is perfect for creating memories on a trip to Florida, as it offers many multifunctional spaces and modern amenities. We are a 2016 TripAdvisor® Certificate of Excellence winner and we offer travelers plenty of space to relax as they explore Orlando. Our hotel sits moments from top Orlando attractions, including Universal Studios and Universal Citywalk. Guest rooms and guest suites at our hotel are spacious, and they include free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Each morning, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests and our outdoor pool is always available for a refreshing swim. At Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort, we make guests needs and wants our #1 priority. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando Universal Studios
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios Hotel Orlando
Fairfield Inn Orlando
Fairfield Orlando
Orlando Fairfield Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Orlando Near Universal Orlando Resort Florida