“School Trip”

Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #9 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great location. Rooms very clean and comfortable. Good service without a doubt. Our school has stayed at several different Hotels in or around the Orlando area and we all agree that the Hampton Inn wins hands down! the hotel is very easy to find, is in a fantastic location that is central to just about every park or event arena in Orlando. We all enjoyed the breakfast because of the wide selection of breakfast items available. Really good coffee! it makes a big difference when your rooms are clean and always have fresh linens and towels. The service and hospitality outrates any other to date. All this makes for a wonderful experience overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel and overall enjoyed our stay. The pros were that it was not overly pricey, staff was very friendly and service oriented, no parking fees and most important of all it was VERY Clean, which means a lot to me. The beds were comfy and we loved the big flat screen tv, which had a nice quality picture.

Now for the cons. First of all, the free breakfast was overall ok, but there was no grits either morning we ate there. I'm a southern girl, and really need my grits with the eggs and sausage! Come on, Hampton Inn, get those grits on the serving line! Our biggest complaint was the bus schedule. If you are going to Epcot or Hollywood Studios, the only time the bus leaves is 9:15. Since the park opens at 9:00, most people would like to be there when it opens. We finally just took our own car and paid the $14.00 parking fee so we wouldn't waste any time. Really wish they had an 8:15 or even an 8:30 bus. Just make note of this when you make your plans, but for the most part an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cccart
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My wife and I booked a weekend stay to attend a wedding at WDW. We were looking for an alternative to the prohibitively expensive "block rates" our friends arranged at several WDW properties. The Hampton Inn offered exceptional value for the price, especially given its close proximity to both the park and local shopping. The room and amenities were clean and relatively new. The free continental breakfast was well stocked and maintained considering the number of guests (and kids) attacking it each morning.

I rarely write reviews. In this case, I felt it necessary so that I could commend the hotel staff. The desk staff we interacted with were courteous, efficient, and accommodating. When a member of our group mentioned that we were in town for a wedding, Hampton staff took the initiative to relocate us to adjacent rooms (four rooms total). When my wife and I checked-out, they graciously agreed to hold my rental tuxedo so that a local bridal company could pick it up later in the day. This saved us a significant amount of time. Whomever worked to facillitate the morning breakfast must have been a magician. I couldn't believe how clean it was considering the throughput.

Great experience overall. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justin T
Reviewed 27 February 2013

i want to thank the staff for a great experience at hampton inn for treating us as if we where family.....Ashby , ericka, and all the rest of the group at hampton inn.you made my family feel at home .you have a new customer from now on. i wont stay at any other hotel from here on out.thanks again for everything

Room Tip: the beds are great. always a great nights sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank duane s
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The room was basic, but nice. Clean, quiet, comfortable. The mattress, pillow and duvet provided a relaxing night's sleep. Could not hear the slamming of my neighbors' doors or anything else. The flat screen HDTV was large enough for the room and the picture quality was really HD. A perfect place to collapse after too long at the Parks!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ZooVideo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This hotel isn't new, it isn't fancy, it isn't pretty. I booked this hotel as my 3rd choice just because they offered 100% satisfaction guarantee. There staff is incredibly kind and helpful. No one ever said "No" to me for all the somewhat odd things I requested. My favorite LBV hotel has a rack rate more than twice that of the Hampton, then it "nickels and dimes" you half to death on top of it, except those nickels and dimes are $20 each...As I said to the receptionist as I was checking out, "You don't say 'Oh My God!' when you first enter the lobby, and you won't say 'Oh My God!!' when you see the final bill. Everything is included, no surprise fees of any sort. My final bill was 5 cents different from my estimated charges at time of booking. To me that pretty much sums it up. All the basics covered by really nice staff. The location is decent. I can't really complain about anything except I want an in-room safe. A good choice when you need a good cheap Disney fix. Much nicer than any Disney Value hotel. I love that the hotel is so small. I think I parked about 100 feet away from my room. And I love love love that I took a comped red-eye flight that had me arriving at this hotel before 7 AM, and when I went just to see what time I should come back (have to go to the parks ASAP, of course!), the receptionist happily offered me a room. Amazing!! In my experience, most desk staff won't even check availability for such an early arrival. Someone actually called after I checked in to make sure I was happy, and offered me a safety deposit box in lieu of a safe. I have paid tons more money, but I've never had better service. In this area of Orlando, I think that's awfully impressive. It's like they actually get what a competitive world they live in and are willing to keep fighting to keep customers happy. Recommend without hesitation. No frills, less bills!

Room Tip: The ice machines are very loud, but I loved being so close to the elevator and close to the exit doo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sunnyhoneybunny
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Pleasant place to stay, reasonable price, easy parking, lots of nearby restaurants. Served a decent breakfast that was open until 10 am. Front desk staff seemed service oriented. Of course you really can't confirm that unless there is a problem to fix, and I certainly didn't have any. I would stay here again

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business