“"Always get your own experience"”

Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South
Ranked #210 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I researched this hotel before booking it. Some good reviews, some bad.We stayed here for two days prior to going on a cruise. I have to say I did not regret the choice that I made. The staff was wonderful! From the time I called to be picked up from the airport (Rapheal, front desk clerk, Chris, driver). The continental breakfast was great. Although, just a suggestion, they may want to consider implementing foods for the non-pork eating guests. The grounds were nice and we loved our room.There were plenty of places to eat in the area within walking distance if you dont rent a car. We ate at Hooters which was on the same grounds as the hotel. Across from our hotel was a TGIF and some other restaurants. I would definitely stay here again as well as recommend this hotel. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Mixed feelings abound when I think back on my experience with this hotel. About two months ago I stayed there on business. I checked in around 9:00pm tired and just wanting to relax. I asked the lady at the front desk where I should park my car to be close to my room and she said the front door would be fine. I ended up hauling my bags down three long hallways when there was clearly a side door much closer. When I got into the room the place smelled like orange sanitizer. I called down to the desk and was told all the rooms smelled that way. Luckily, they were very nice and moved me to one that smelled like lemon instead. I guess the smell has to do with this hotel being an extended stay place where people cook in the rooms. Unfortunately the rest of the night got worse. For totally innocent reasons, I could not sleep and found myself wandering the lobby. A different clerk was kind enough to direct me to a Wal Mart close by when I needed to go for a drive at 3:00am. The next day they served a very basic - but acceptable breakfast, with lots of coffee. The third clerk was nice to help me with a reservation change and establishing wi fi connection. This certainly isn't a bad hotel. Just considering that there are something like 10 others within three square miles, I would probably try another next time I needed to stay near the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear sloomis31,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This was our second time staying here. Our first time was decent but the property was showing its age. They have since made many upgrades and remodels. Very impressed.

We are a family of five and we take up a lot of real estate. This all suite hotel is perfect for us. We checked in easily, had to wait a little for our room since they were busy but overall not bad as we were a little early on our checkin too.

Room was great 2 queens and a sleeper. Breakfast was good each morning. Only complaint was an attendant one morning (absentmindedly) handled some food with bare hands. We told front desk manager and it was addressed.

This place was busy and the staff was keeping up. We even lost power due to a tornado. The staff was great. They had flashlights and water for us.

It's not a luxury hotel by it is well appointed and updated and a good value overall. It was a little cool for the pool but next time we are taking a dip for sure.

Attentive and friendly staff made the stay enjoyable as well.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank OrlandoJA
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We spent our first night at the Staybridge Suites, Orlando Airport in early March. We were very suprised how quickly the airport shuttle picked us up and took us to the hotel. It was actually only about a three mile ride!. The hotel was very clean, front desk staff courteous, pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean and well laid out. The beds were made with good linen and decorating pleasing.
A full hot breakfast was provided with the room.
The shuttle back to the airport was quick and efficient.

We will definitely return to the Staybrridge and recommoned it to others.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here for one evening after checking out of our resort and because we had a 6:55 am flight.

We had to get out of our resort by 10a and so I tried to check in here early because I had refrigerated food from our last resort, but they were unable to get us in because the hotel was full. They did offer to call us when our room was available. Also we had booked the 2 bedroom suite in advance at the non-refundable rate previously. However, not all of our party was able to make the trip due to a medical emergency, but I figured we were stuck with the large room. When we checked in she asked would six people still be staying in the room, I said no unfortunately we were down to 3 and she asked if we wanted a smaller room and gave us a cheaper rate.

The rooms were very nice, it looks like they have done alot to improve them. The beds were comfortable and we couldn't figure out how to work one of the tvs and we called maintenance and they were there within 2 minutes. The bathroom wasn't the best and the tub had stains in it. But overall it was an ok place for an overnight. We did not swim in the pool, although it looked nice. I had to walk through the room where they served the breakfast in the morning to get to the pool area and I just gotta stay it did not smell good, I think the odors from all the food are stuck in the carpet.

We had a wake up call scheduled for 4 am that we scheduled when we checked in along with our shuttle to the airport. I have never had a wake up call that has actually been made by a hotel, so I set my phone as back up. Unfortunately it was dark when I set my phone alarm, so I set it for 415 pm, instead of am, oops. I was awoken at 5 am by a call from the front desk asking if we were coming down for the shuttle to the airport. I panicked and said we were just awoken, could we catch it at 5:30, he said he services another hotel then. I asked what my other options were and he said I can call you a cab, I was a little cranky and still not awake and said that is not why we chose this hotel. I called back once I got everyone up and moving and asked for a cab. He was very nice even though I had been cranky and said he would get one there as soon as possible. That was about 5:10. We got down to the lobby and he said I called for your cab, he should be here in 5 mins or so and I am paying for your cab for the inconvenience which I thought was very nice.

He also apologized for the wake up call and showed me there was nothing in his book. I showed him our old room that we had originally booked got the wake up call, they moved us and our shuttle request but not our wake up call, I am sure the people in that room enjoyed that 4am wake up call oops! Since we were missing the free breakfast, he gave us bags with breakfast on the run (apple, muffin, yogurt) and sent us out for the cab. The cab ended up being VERY late (5:49), he got stuck behind a security gate, but it was no fault of the hotel and we did end up making our flight. And I did very much appreciate the manager (Howard, I think?).

1  Thank Cooltuck
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed in a king suite for one night. This place is easy to find and is near to MCO airport. Check-in was efficient and friendly. The suite was great - separate living area and kitchen; bedroom that's ensuite. The manager's party was a bit of a disappointment (we've tried this before at London's Olympic Park at Stratford and it was more like a cocktail party there!), using plastic cups and plates. The wine was good quality, as was the basic food (soup and sandwiches on the night we were there). The event lacked energy and atmosphere though!
The bed was divine and the kitchen and lounge area was well equipped. The interior decor of the rooms was also very good. The pool was a decent size and the gym was well equipped. There was also a 24-hr market area for those essentials you may have forgotten. The laundry seemed inadequately sized given the size of the hotel (two washers and two dryers on floor two) but I suppose that's a minor issue.
Altogether this was a great hotel to stay in - well position and in easy each of the Disney parks.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed here recently for one night with the family. The price was good and it's conveniently located by the airport and lots of restaurants.

I will list the pros and cons

Pros

We had a 2 queen bed suite , living area, and bathroom and kitchen area.
Kitchen area had basic kitchen equipment. Great if you have kids. Perfect for snacks etc.
Plenty of free parking
Free breakfast lots to choose from: eggs, sausage, toast , bagels, waffles, juice, coffee, tea, soda,
Fresh fruit, cereal, milk, oatmeal- replenished frequently
Nice patio area with grills, chairs, pool, hot tub
Hotel was very quiet- we were on ground floor room
Room was clean... But

Cons

Room was clean, but the tile in the kitchen and bathroom looks like it was never scrubbed or washed- there was dirt imbedded in the tile.. Needs a good bleaching and scrubbing. Looks like the maid staff probably just runs over the tile with a broom or wet dry mop.

The sink faucet in kitchen was dirty. Dried dirt was on the handle. Again looks like the sink was just wiped down with windex and not scrubbed down like it should be.

The dishwasher was old, dirty and clunky and looked awkward in the remodeled kitchen. There were new cabinets, counters , microwave and fridge, but the dishwasher looked like a sore thumb out of the 1980's.... Note to management replace your dishwashers.

Bathroom tub was cracked- not replaced during remodel. They went the cheap route and used acrylic fake plastic tile panels on the tub surround. There was mold around the caulking.

The mattresses are absolutely horrible. The property states it was refurbished in the past year or two but they cut corners and did not replace the mattresses. I looked under the sheets and there I found thin, blue cheap mattresses you would find on a sleeper sofa. Note to management replace your mattresses with quality bedding. The pillows were terrible as well. Cheap stuffed pillows...

The windows don't open, so it smelled of harsh chemical cleaners.

Room was dark, poor fluorescent lightning... Felt like we were in a basement. One of the table lamps did not work.

The outside pool is not heated. The water was very cold.

Breakfast is served 6:30 am on weeknights- BEWARE in Saturday and Sunday it starts at 7:30am.
That doesn't help people who have early flights in the morning .

Overall it was an ok stop for one night it did the job. But I would pick a different hotel in the area. They are a lot nearby to choose from. I was not impressed with Staybridge. They need to clean up some areas and replace some things. Would not stay here again.

3  Thank Windycity21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Windycity21,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, bathroom mattress and lighting. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.