“Poor service...unapologetic staff..”

Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South
Ranked #212 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this location twice. First time was good even though kitchen was left greasy from previous guest and housekeeping never tended to it.
However, the second time was just horrible. I stayed over the weekend (Friday-Tuesday) with my family. Friday afternoon check in was fine. Saturday I found myself away from the hotel all day and did not return until the early morning hours to find my room not serviced at all. I called the front desk and requested fresh towels and was told to go to the desk to get them. I went down to get them and questioned the overnight agent why my room would have not been serviced and she informed me that over the weekend it is only by request. (I did not have to request the service on my previous stay, which was over a weekend in July.)
I then requested it and I saw her write my room number down.
The next morning (Sunday)on my way out for the day, I stopped again to reconfirm my request for housekeeping and to let them know my grandmother was staying in the room and moves slow so that the housekeeping staff can still do stay over service even with her in there. The front desk agent(male) informed me that, that was not a problem and they would still service the room. Noticed that he wrote down my room number down as well. Got back late that night again to find the room not serviced at all. I did not call that night questioning about it.
Monday, again the room was not serviced at all. That day I stayed in my room all day. Did not leave at all. Never got a knock on the door from the housekeeping staff. That day I did call in the late afternoon questioning if housekeeping staff was still around because my room was not serviced again, making it three days now. That front desk agent was actually apologetic and sincere.(others never apologized) Even offered to bring more towels and do anything else that I would need. I wish I caught her name so that she can personally receive my compliment on her guest services.
I checked out on Tuesday morning and stopped by the desk to ask for a business card for the front desk manager. I emailed her Friday and have still not received a reply.(6 weeks ago)
Granted I stayed on an employee rate, that should not affect the service I receive as a guest. I work as a hotel front desk agent and would have never treated any guest with that much neglect.
I will NOT be staying at this specific Staybridge Suites again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear LallieG,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

We would like to follow up with you directly and have sent you a private message.

Adrian D

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Modern Hotel. about 3 miles from Airport and highways to local attractions. Apparent business district with numerous other major hotels, popular restaurants in walking distance. Felt safe as I Jogged around. $84 For a suite with a nice Kitchen, Full size refrigerator. Wed nite is Free Burgers and Beer/wine nite. Free Breakfast. Eggs, sausage,breads, fruits,juices and coffee. Basketball courts and 2 picnic tables with grills!!! Staff was friendly and Kudos to the Bar manager who stayed with the guests wed nite. I added a star for all the free stuff they gave and the price!.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrades
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The rooms here are decent. I loved that there was a kitchen in the room, but the rest of the room needs updating and work. The door to the bedroom would not shut unless you lifted it, the hinges holding it were very loose, there is rust coming out from the metel on the wall corners, and when I went to make the bed (the couch bed), I grabbed the linens from the closet and the blanket in the bad had a blood stain on it. It took almost an hour for someone to come to my room to replace it. That was completely disgusting and frustrating that they took that long to come replace it. The customer service there is great though. All employees were very friendly and always smiled at me and my family. The breakfast there is free and it is decent for free breakfast. The only is when you stay for a long period of time, there is not much variety so you can get tired of it easily. Unless there was a great deal, not sure if I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Heather B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that our customer service exceeded your expectations and apologize for the inconvenience the cleanliness of your room may have caused. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed two nights, staff very friendly and helpful, decent breakfast spread with variety (hot/cold, fresh fruits, super waffle maker, several types of ground coffee, saussages and real scrambled eggs (veggy/meat stuffed omelet one day), juices, teas, yoghurt, cerials, hot oatmeal, etc.). And hospitality dinners incl. beverages (sodas/wine/beer...) for free on weekdays! Hospitality shuttle service (both shuttle chauffers and laundry facility. Spacious and very clean rooms (suites actually with fully equipped kitchen w. dishwasher, microwave oven, coffeemaker, fridge/freezer...). Super comfy beds and pillows, flat screen tv in each room, I could go on and on. I know I sound like a commercial, but this hotel won't dissapoint you.
The minor issues we experienced were: Noisy aircondition, no hooks in bathroom for towels and wash cloths and clothes, no luggage trays (had to use the floor/couch/bed...not very practical. If not for these issues, we would have rated this hotel as Excellent.
Will definitely saty here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Friendly reception from Crystal, makes a difference. Explained all the facilities and what was important to us. Room was spacious but smelt a bit could not quite say what it was but was tolerable once air conditioner kicks in. Had the social night of free food and wine it was a great idea but not so great food but all the same good concept. Really close to many shops like mini mart, TGIF, Denny's, pizza places etc. Forbes one night we were staying here it was worth every dime.

Room Tip: We were on level 3 and it was great so no knowing what else is available I say go level 3
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear 639abbie,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We are glad to hear you did enjoy your stay in our hotel. We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the food at our Social, we have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We had a two rooms double was very impressed with the room and how clean it wasgood price for the room but the hot tube was out of order terrible disappointment that is one of the main reasons we choose this hotel. If you plan on goin to the amusement parks stay closer or ull have to pay tolls each time you go threw (very big pain) otherwise it's an overall nice hotel that is close to the airport staff is very friendly as well

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We found this by accident! We were looking for a place for a short term rental until our house is ready. We love this place. All staff very helpful and go above and beyond to assist you. Our room was very clean and comfortable .
The breakfast every morning is excellent with many choices, different each day . During the week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday free dinner including beer and wine.
Also, laundry facilities are free!!
I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Carmella....