Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South
US$269
US$252
US$222
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$255
US$288
US$227
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
Travelocity
US$615
US$516
Travelocity
All reviewsorlando airportfront deskfree breakfastthe shuttle driverbasketball courtnext morningport canaveralfull kitchenstayed one nightgood nights sleepnice breakfastsmall kitchenyogurtcomfortable staywould definitely stay here againking suiteeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

One of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had on this price range. For the same price range you will find better options.

I stayed for 2 weeks with my family in December 2013 and January 2014. To start, the internet speed is just awful - don't count on it to work or even checking your emails.

The housekeeping is irregular and non standartized. Some times they left 4 towels, some times 2, some times none. Same with garbidge: some times it was removed, some times not. Lazzy.

But the breakfast time was the real hard moment: few employees to do all the service resulted in missing food at all times. One day it was 9h30 and all the fruits and cheese finished (the breakfast goes until 10h30). I went to complain at front desk and after calling the kitchen to confirm, just received a 'Sorry'. Nothing changed in the following days, giving me the impression that this low level of service is business as usual.

I had the clear impression no one is running this place, served by fewer employees than needed.

The property is OK, but very old mood. I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Marcosalves,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly work very hard to ensure our guests receive the very best service we can provide each and every day. Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we fell short of your expectations. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer and comments from our guests are always welcome.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope you do choose to give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon for 6 nights. The 2 rooms suite is excellent, location is centralized, their guest reception with draft beer and assorted hot food is a real treat, and you cannot touch their breakfast. This an extremely nice property from the decor, room condition, amenities. Clearly the management and ownership are on top of Preventive Maintenance. Great job.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, back side of the building, helped for leaving early and coming back late to a convenient parking spot.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very clean everywhere in facility. Great service on all levels. Excellent variety at breakfast. Good location. Bed was better than most hotels, but not great. We will definitely be back. Sleeper sofa was better than most also.

Room Tip: north side of building 2nd floor has almost no plane noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here on a Park & Fly. Everything was excellent. Room very spacious and clean. Hotel staff were friendly and courteous and helpful. Was taken to airport in hotel shuttle and when we returned we called and they came and picked us up. Would recommend this hotel to folks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2013

One and a half month prior to a training I had pending in the Orlando Airport Area, I had been debating on my tww prefered hospitality options (Country Inn and StayBridge). I ultimately decided on Staybridge because 2 weeks before I attended a wedding in the same area, stayed in this hotel and was happy with the Suite given.

It turns out the Staybridge, failed to fulfill my second reservations (keep it in mind for the future...) and I only found out when I came and entered the hotel to check in. This is how reliable this Staybridge Orlando Airport hotel in particular is... Simply incredible! The excuse was a fire inspection had taken several rooms out of circulation (you be the judge...).

They offered to switch me to a sister HI Express, supposedly 5 minutes away. But it turned out, it was quite far, as I had a training next to the hotel... so I logged online to my other option Country Inn and sure enough! Great rate, and availability. I checked in, and cancelled my Staybridge reservation before 6:pm. It was not worth it, even with the 5,000 points offered for the inconvenience. Points do not cover the fact this hotel has no responsibility or shame!

Thank God I was not with my family!

It turned out it was the best situation after all. I loved the Country INN where I should have stayed from the start. Due to this, I actually changed a Staybridge room for an upcoming trip to Salt Lake City to Country Inn also Lesson learned!

Pros:
- Great Location by the Airport
- Family Oriented (beware story)
- Friendly Staff
- Rooms are excellent
- Close to an infinite amount of restaurants
- You are about 9 miles away from Disney.

Cons:
- Parking around building is kind of too far.
- Lobby, very limited area and non inviting cold environment
- Cafeteria, really sad area. Food not so great.
- Bulky square building. Evidently this facility focuses on the commercial side and not the welcomeness.

Not much more to say, just another hotel. No big deal.

Room Tip: Not much to say after you read my review,
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RiveraSanchez
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Orlando Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear RiveraSanchez,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations.

I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on most of the services and amenities that we provide. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We value you as a guest and we hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Dhan M