“Bachelorette Party Weekend”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, United States
“Bachelorette Party Weekend”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I booked this hotel for my Best Friend's bachelorette party. I chose it for two reasons: the location and the breakfast. The hotel is within a five to seven minute walk to the bars on Church St. It was a simple walk, and easy to navigate on the way home, if you catch my drift. Breakfast the next morning was perfect. We were all a bit under the weather the following morning, and the biscuits, eggs, and bacon were a must. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a wedding reception nearby. We received a group rate of $148 plus taxes for the night. The room was very dated. There was long hair all over the shower (in the tub and huge clumps on the shower wall). We dressed for the reception and stopped at the front desk around 5 pm to ask if housekeeping could reclean the bath. We were told that they would contact housekeeping immediately and resolve the problem. 7 hours later, we returned to the hotel to find that the bathroom had not been touched. I called the front desk and was told that housekeeping was gone for the night and that nothing could be done.

We checked out the next morning and told the front desk clerk about our experience. She didn't seem at all surprised and gave us half off the room rate.

This hotel has a lot of nerve charging $150 per night plus another $22 to park. They have some serious issues.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Edwin M, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. Our team strives for excellence. I have shared your feedback with our team as your review is valuable as it allows us the opportunity to enhance our services for future guests.
Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you as our guest the next time your travels bring you to the Downtown Orlando area.
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Issues with housekeeping on a daily basis. Room cleaned only once in 3 days with no explanations available when asked. Dirty dishes were still not removed after day 3. Roaches in the coffee accessories and on room sink area due to this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbassySuitesOrlDTGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Downtown, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this opportunity to me and allowing me to follow up with our pest control company, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Additionally, I have addressed your concerns regarding dishes being left out of your suite. I am surprised to learn of this as we require tray runs throughout the day. Please contact our offices directly if we may be of any further assistance. We hope you will give us another chance to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here for a business meeting. The staff from the moment I walked in took care of all my needs. The rooms are spacious & clean. The bar, restaurant & free breakfast are excellent. I would recommend this hotel to my family & friends.

• Stayed February 2014
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We came in a group of ten people, five couples that I was looking forward to blessing to a nice weekend RETREAT away from their kids and the hard work that they do for me. In my mind, when we go to a hotel, it is supposed to be nicer than home. It is supposed to be an escape from home. Even though we had a group rate discount, we still paid more money than other hotels in the area because I wanted to give them a treat that they normally wouldn't get. Three out of the five rooms had an air system that didn't work. One asked for a fan because of it and didn't get one. One of the ladies on the trip woke up at 2 am sweating (not because of menopause) and slept better in her car the next day. One of the rooms reported it, and asked for a discount. He got it. When I heard about the rooms being too hot, and the noise being too loud, I called and reported about the rooms (I'm not someone who goes around looking for cheap gimmes, but I will accept them if offered when an experience is not what was paid for)... when I called and spoke to the manager at the time (Jennifer, I believe) I told her the problem and she said "Sorry about that, hopefully we can get that fixed." Yes I hope so!!! I don't want the next customer to have an experience like that. Here is the message that I interpreted: "Sorry about that, but we already got your money so have a nice day." If you pay for something- you expect to get what you paid for. If the person reading this goes to the store and buys a loaf of bread tonight and they find out there are only 7 pieces instead of 15, they will take it back. If that store says "Sorry, but we will fix it for the next person." Chances are you won't go back and you will tell others not to go there either. Simple thing- please the customers you are currently serving, not the ones in the future. Breakfast- Omelets were great! Best I've ever seen. Rooms- Didn't have hand soap. Made it awkward after using the restroom. Washed with shampoo Rooms- Too hott/ bad air- a MUST to fix in Florida Rooms- Overall clean looking Noise- You can hear the people clear as day. Our neighbors were talking about Superheroes till 2 in the morning. I kid you not. Complimentary Food- Great way to welcome guests after a long stay. Good selection. Looked fresh. Valet Parking- When you pay $21, you aren't expecting to tip as well. Maybe clue people into that on the website. It makes for an awkward exchange when they stare at you when you give them the car keys. Front Desk- Hire someone else to be there. Those two poor ladies were busy out of their mind.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A bit noisy in the evening, and issues with the ac but nice place to stay. The evening cocktail hour and the morning breakfast are why I stay at Embassy Suites, when I can. The conference rooms were very nice and lobby area was inviting.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Free happy hour is nice, otherwise, pretty average hotel. I have nothing more to say convenient to downtown has shuttle if you ask for it and the staff may remember shuttle only available within 4 mile radius front desk staff needs training!