“Best Deal Downtown” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale
“Best Deal Downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

I stayed for a friends wedding and really loved the layout and open feel of the hotel. I got an excellent rate by bringing in 3 canned food items. The complimentary happy hour and breakfast buffet are unbeatable! Definitely the best bang for your buck in downtown Orlando. Rooms are spacious and staff is helpful and friendly. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
South Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

My husband and I are from Fort Lauderdale, Florida and decided to take a spontaneous trip from the suburbs to downtown Orlando. The Embassy Suites is an excellent choice for people who staying in the downtown area. It is in the heart of the city and close to walk (even in heels) to many restaurants, boutiques and nightlife. The hotel is very clean and the staff is friendly and informative. Our room smelled fresh and the linens crisp. The pool area was quaint and had nice furniture. The breakfast was yummy and offered a wide variety for any dietary needs. The management is visible and ready to assist guests...meaning when I asked for directions, when I arrived on Friday, to a couple of restaurants and the Sunday outdoor market, I was delightfully surprised that I was actually speaking to one of the managers. He was very helpful and nice. I would absolutely stay here again...and maybe visit the Disney Theme Parks which are about 20-30 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

Room was very clean and well kept. Breakfast was filling and fresh. Everything you could ask for in a hotel. Management was responsive and great at recommending local restaurants and hang outs. Went out of his way to accommodate us. Service was efficient and we were always pleased to see our room taken care of. Pool area is great. Even have a cool cocktail hour. Really upscale place and unbeatable for the price and location.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Stayed here for one night while on business. It was my first time staying in an Embassy Suites & very much liked the free cocktail hour from 5:30 PM to 7 PM & hot complimentary breakfast in the morning. There was a fitness room, business center & outdoor pool which I didn't use. The room suite is quite nice & spacious with a living room, office desk with 2 chairs so you can hold meetings, small area with coffeemaker, microwave & small fridge & the bathroom & bedroom, which had a closet. Everything was very clean. The bed was very comfy. A/C worked great. Only complaint was that my room was next to the vending machines & ice machine & I heard noises all night, but I would definitely stay here again, away from the machines.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

Everything about our stay was wonderful. The room was impeckable. The furnishings were beautiful. All of the staff were very pleasant. The full breakfast in the morning was soooo good. I wish we could have stayed longer but we will come back.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

I stayed here three nights while sightseeing around the Orlando area. We chose this location (and all other hotels on our vacation) based on Tripadvisor reviews and this place did not disappoint.

The front desk staff was helpful and courteous and the room was spacious and clean. The king beds were comfortable and the guest rooms were very spacious. The hot breakfast and evening manager’s reception was the highlight of the amenities due to its quality and consistency. The pool area was wonderful and the weather was great. The property itself was clean and relatively easy to find so overall I was very happy with our decision to stay here. If I travel to the Orlando area again I will definitely stay at this property and would recommend it to any future travelers.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank JennM8
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

Stayed at this hotel Friday and Saturday night over the forth of July weekend and were very happy with our stay. I am in a hotel about 200 days a year so when I travel for pleasure I really hope for it to be a great unique and not cookie cutter stay. I am very please to report that the Embassy Suites downtown was clean and save, my two most important concerns when traveling with my spouse, and the friends we traveled with's first comment was how clean the rooms seemed. The cocktail hours on Friday and Saturday were one of the better Manager cocktail hours I have attended, even with a wedding forcing us to a alternate location of Saturday. I would suggest that the alchohol was the better part as the free food selection was week and only one beer "Miller Lite" was offered. The free breakfast was clean and well stocked, but the homefries were some of the worst I have ever had. The problem we encoutered, but it could have just been due to a sitiuation, was that they were clearly not prepared for the Sunday Crowd after being fully booked the night of the 4th. The front desk staff was polite and helpful and the cleaning staff and other personnel I met were very friendly. OK as always here comes the complaints.... People were very obviously walking in to enjoy the happy hour who were not staying at the hotel, so for the sake of the paying guest I would appreciate the hotel making an effort to keep that to a minimum. Second the pool is accesible from the outside and was accessed from the outside. Last and the thing that angered me very much, I have a vehicle with a turbo and the valet the first evening pulled off in my car at full throttle down a busy street. I found alternative parking the next evening and I would advise that you do the same if that is how they treat expensive cars. I parked in the same garage that valet parks in within a short walk for 5 dollars a day as apposed to the 18 dollars I was charged to have my car abused. So if you want to stay in downtown Orlando for Fireworks at Lake Eola or for any other event. I think this Embassy Suites is a great option and short of the Grand Boheme may be the best hotel option in Downtown Orlando, just dont valet your sports car!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business