“14 night stay”

Ranked #130 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
“14 night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

On first impressions staff were not particularly friendly and had trouble finding our booking but eventually found it.

Room was clean and modern but bathroom could of done with a refurb.

The bed was very comfortable, had a great nights sleep every night without fail.

I do not recommend having breakfast here, it was a very poor selection of dry bagels, cheap yogurts and overly salty scrambled egg. We reluctantly had breakfast a couple of times here but we did not enjoy it atall. Better off eating out.

Close to bars and restuarants but not in the middle of the action so nice and quiet in the evenings.

Did not use the pool so cannot comment on that.

All in all, nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MissTidy88
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with our management team. Our goal is to make sure that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Consider the price paid, you get much more: breakfast, wifi, parking... The furniture and beds doesn't feel to be a Comfort Inn (which is good) but the service, well that's a very different story is not bad, just absent.

The only problem is that could be so so crowded... Expect long lines in parking and breakfast in peak season, oh and the complimentary shuttle to parks is very limited, they only have some free spaces daily.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank draghignazzo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We just completed a major renovation this past year and we are glad you appreciated our brand new rooms! Our complimentary attraction shuttle has 4 departures daily to Universal and 2 daily departures to Disney. If reservations are made in advance it is not a problem to get a seat. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

We just checked out yesterday, I did not want to leave, the room was great, loved the cleanliness and decor, and the staff was great! I stayed with my son for 3 nights, wish it was more! Love the location and how close it is to Universal, local shopps and restaurants.

As mentioned in a previous review, I agree that the A/C was loud and I felt bad turning the tv loud to hear over the A/C but it was cool and that was important, I rather be comfortable and cool than hot and the noise of the A/C was tolerable. The bed was so comfortable, I never travel without my pillows and I gave the ones on the bed a shot on my second night, and they were very comfy, I know that on our next visit we can leave my pillows home. The staff no mater what time were very nice and always pleasant, as a former Disney Vacation Club member and I worked in the hotel industry in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale Beach areas for 10 years as a front desk supervisor, this team at this hotel will keep the guests returning and happy. On my last night which was meant for me to get rest to make the trip home safely, I ended up in the hospital from an allergic reaction I had while in Islands of Adventure, I did not get back to my room until 4am, they were so understanding and allowed me to get the rest needed to drive safely home, I have a condition that I get very sleepy behind the wheel.

Anyways, all in all I was very pleased with the hotel, the staff, Ada & the guys at the desk were always so friendly and welcoming, we loved the room, we forgot my son's deodorant and the front desk gave us one for him, such an awesome crew. We love the free wifi and free breakfast, my son loved the sausage and I loved the waffles and yogurt :-) will definitely tell my friends about this place! Can't wait to return! The price was just right as a single mom I was able to stay a few nights have enough money to enjoy the parks and not be so broke from a hefty hotel bill, great value, great room, I love that all rooms are non-smoking, I hope this is always the policy. Keep up the great work, better than Disney's value & moderate resorts hands down!!

Room Tip: I loved the 4th Floor! My room was awesome! Tip - park your car in the back if returning late, the f...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisa_Lisa7777
Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
East Bend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

This is a friendly hotel with good facilities and a good location. It is the staff that make this hotel stay so enjoyable. Very clean rooms enjoyes stay.Good breakfast. Location is near by major attraction.very convenient location.Thanks

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and we all look forward to welcoming you back.
Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

This is a good value hotel. We chose it because it was close to International Drive and all I-Drive had to offer. It was very quiet even though the hotel seemed to be pretty full during the week we were there in early October.

Our room was comfortable and clean with all the inclusions we have come to expect from this brand. Breakfast is served in a very large bightly decorated room just off the lobby that often was full, requiring us to take our food out to around the swimming pool area. That was not a problem.

Even though some other reviewers had issues with the front desk staff, we did not. Indeed, Louis from Haiti was a great guy talk to and always greeted us with a smile.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L&M_from_Oz
Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel a lot, the change of ownership has changed the feel of the hotel, initially the gentleman who "welcomed" us was not over friendly, but once the barriers were broken, all was well on that score, unfortunately the ladies on reception were less than helpful and everything seemed a chore for them. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms were cleaned daily. Not sure I would go back, however it must be said that my husband disagrees and would return to this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our management team as our goal is to always offer exceptional guest service. We hope to see you and your husband back very soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Very clean room,great water pressure,good internet at a superb price! Coupon rate is $59,we upgraded to 69. Plenty of parking an very friendly staff. Only minor problem was the a/c is a little noisy. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Universal - Convention Center area, and thank you in special for your kind comments about your stay. I will personally speak with my maintenance team to correct this A/C issue so we can earn a 5 on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Central Business District
DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando Downtown
Park Plaza Hotel Winter Park
#2 of 2 in Winter Park
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park

Been to Comfort Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!