“one night before Disney”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #164 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 January 2014

arrived late at night easy check in, room was clean and comfortable. No shuttle late at night must take taxi. Breakfast okay but must keep in mind busy and it was a buffet. It was a great value for the money. Staff was helpful and friendly and the breakfast buffet person even filled people coffee.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your brief visit and hope you will stay with us again when you have more time so you can take advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer. We do offer scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, & Sea World but unfortunately you were not able to take advantage of it due to the time of your arrival. We are also a Universal Partner Hotel which gives our guests special advantages when visiting Universal. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Orlando!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here during training for a new position. Was really only in the hotel early in the morning and later at night for 2 night stay. Dated decor but room was fairly spacious, very clean and had a larger flat screen TV with basic cable access. Breakfast buffet was organized and well-presented with several options. Much better than other Comfort Suites I have visited in other cities. Didn't interact with staff but were always present at the buffet and front desk. Good option for a quick business or leisure stay. Nothing very close for walking except a Panera Bread and Wendy's. Parking limited at night.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 74sunshine
Chris T, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Thank you for your positive response regarding your recent stay at our Comfort Suites.
I appreciate your business and look and hope to see you again on your next trip to orlando.

Chris Tustin

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I loved this hotel it was perfect for my needs. I booked this using my Amex and my AAA membership so I got a great deal, especially considering it was the holiday week. My family's favorite hotel (nick hotel) had prorated the rooms up to $300 a night which was way out of our budget. I thought I would be compromising but I was very happy there and the family liked it too. The location is great not too far from any orlando activity including the outlet shops :) My favorite part was the hot breakfast which pleased even the picky eaters in my bunch. We were even able to stock up on some fruit for our long days of walking in the city(which I am sure the hotel discourages...). The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the overall modern appeal of the decor was in great condition, our bellys were happy, and it was very reasonably priced. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank _sun_shells_sand

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us, and that you enjoyed it. Our hotel was completely renovated not long ago, I'm happy that you liked the new modern décor and our great location. Hope we have the pleasure to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Staying there right now. Rooms are nice but we got a bed bugs in our first room, switched room. Hotel say they have Wi-Fi, yes they do, in the lobby. Wi-Fi in the room completely useless, signal get dropped every few minutes and you have to reconnect, also the strength of the signal very poor. AC in the rooms are quite bad, very loud and you can't control it. Not the cleanest hotel, I would like them to clean it again and again and again. The only 2 positive things in this particular hotel, their breakfast, and their location. We will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank dyacubo
Reviewed 21 December 2013

At the beginning of December a few friends and I had traveled down to orlando to attend an event by the convention center. Unsure of a hotel to stay at we stumbled upon a small street right off of international drive. The hotel was fairly renovated with a modern theme and great color theme. Staff on bored was very friendly and super helpful, We were checked in by a really nice young woman with red hair, sorry but i did forget her name. She was polite and professional at check in.
Got the room and loved how it had looked. Breakfast the next day was ok, just a little something to start the day. Later that evening my friends and I decided to go to downtown orlando. Nil and Ravin recommended some really nice places to attend and it was pretty amazing. Everything you need is within walking distance from the hotel, restaurants and convenient shops. The only thing i wish they had was a shuttle service to the contention center. Overall great stay and nice hotel!!

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor in 437, I had a good view of the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here for 28 days during Nov-Dec.
We were upgrades to a suite on the 5th floor; the suite was a larger room with a sofa. We burned many calories on the stairs, don’t worry there are 3 lifts.
The friendly staff behind the desk made the check in a pleasure
The room was clean and comfortable, and included a microwave, fridge and free Wi-Fi. The TV had good reception with a good choice of channels. There was no in room safe, but I think there are safe deposit boxes at reception.
The free breakfast was very good, I also liked the sausages, however it got very congested and later in the holiday I would go down and bring breakfast back to the room. I think the hotel should encourage this and provide trays. We have stayed in Hotels with free breakfast before but this was one was good and saved us a lot of money, normally spent on buffet breakfast.
One hint if getting toasted bagels put a tissue on the plate otherwise the toasted bagel melts the plastic plate.
The pool was heated but during the winter months the sun would disappear behind the hotel in the early afternoon.
All the staff was very helpful from the reception to housekeeping and maintenance.
The location of the hotel was very good, Canada ave was quiet but easy to get to ID, I4 or Universal, we had a car so can't comment on the shuttle service.
I would recommend this hotel, and next time we are looking for Hotel in the Universal area, this will be first on my short list.

Room Tip: We bought clothes hangers from Wal-Mart as we brought more clothes that we needed, or used.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank welshjock
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My family and I spent a two week vacation at this hotel an could not have asked for better.
The room was spacious, immaculate and very comfortable with excellent amenities. The hotel offer a complimentary breakfast with a wide choice of food to set you up for a busy day ahead. The pool and gym area were great and were in use until late which was excellent as a way of unwinding after a day at the parks, my favourite being the hot tub in the evening, which was hot, hot, hot,
The location of the hotel is perfect. A two minute walk to the hustle and bustle of international drive, with all it's attractions and the i-ride, but just far enough away for a peaceful nights sleep.
All staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. A HUGE special thank-you to Jennifer on reception for going that extra mile when helping me organise my trip to Miami, and to Ravin and Alain for your help with my return flights.
We hope to return next year and would recommend the hotel to anyone planning a holiday to Orlando.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and great location. It is so nice that you mentioned our staff members by name. We are very proud of our team and will be sure to share your nice comments with them.