“GREAT BASE FOR VISITING ORLANDO & KENNEDY SPACE CENTRE””

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #158 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
ruislip
“GREAT BASE FOR VISITING ORLANDO & KENNEDY SPACE CENTRE””
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spent a most enjoyable couple of nights at this Hotel and it was Excellent in every way.

The Rooms are nice and spacious and the beds are very comfortable indeed- there is a good sized flat screen TV and you get the Weather Channel initially when you switch on which is perfect.

Add to this that the staff are also very pleasant and helpful and that stems from the staff at Reception through to the staff who are in the Breakfast Area each morning; the young lady who deals with ticket sales in Reception could not have been more helpful and we were not even buying tickets but looking for help with directions. The Rooms are cleaned to perfection daily and the hot water at the tap and shower is instant and you never suffer with cool showers in peak times.

There is a Superb Complimentary breakfast served every morning and there is hot food including scrambled eggs, sausages as well as waffles if you want them. Add to that cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurts, juice, pastries coffee etc -you could not ask for a better start to the day.

There is a Perkins Diner a short walk away as well as a TGi Fridays but we do not recommend the 'Fishbones' restaurant which is nearby, based on our experience there anyway. Ten Pin Bowling is literally across the road if you want that too.

If you need some basic provisions like bottled water or beer or snacks etc, there is a mini 7 Eleven supermarket a couple of minutes walk away [come out of the hotel, turn left and first right at the end of Canada Ave and first right again at the lights, past the Perkins Restaurant and it is up on the right after about 100 metres-about 7 mins walk] You can keep it all cool in your 'in room' refrigerator too.

There is a great little gym with treadmills and bikes and weight centre if you want that -no one can see in but you can see out -it is air conditioned, so you can keep fit with a 30 minute easy workout- then enjoy your breakfast. Nice clean pool and relax area too.

It is in a great location for visiting Kennedy Space Centre -about a 45 minute easy drive. Kissimmee is an easy drive too. Parking is plentiful in the hotel car park and right outside the Main Entrance and it is Complimentary parking.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: our Room overlooked the front of the Hotel and we were on the 4th floor -no noise at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank THETRUEMEZ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights while working downtown. It was very convenient to downtown. The room was very nice and clean. The couch was pretty uncomfortable but that's no big deal. I was a little disappointed that when I called the front desk to say that my remote control wasn't working and the TV was on the fritz that they told me to bring it down to the front desk and they would replace the batteries. Also the only working pop machine I found was on floor 1. Continental breakfast was nice with a good room set-up. There's a Wendy's next door and a Panera across the street but very few options for late night dining.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank KateAlexis
Chris T, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback.

It is always a pleasure to read positive feedback fro our guest..

Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Reception staff were extremely helpful. The rooms were a good size and clean. Complimentary breakfast was very good, although only two hot options which alternated daily. The hotel is in a great central location and easy to find. The only negative was having to pay $5 for every package delivered. We will definitely use this hotel for our golfing base next year.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrew S
Dorset Uk
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We would certainly recommend this hotel, we got here after a long flight from the UK and the reception were excellent, very polite and friendly and very helpful, the room was as expected very clean tidy and all that you could ask for we stayed here for two weeks so we had breakfast every morning that was complimentary and that started the day of well we use the laundry this was very cheap and also we went into their little shop and bought some ice creams that were fairly priced, location excellent easy walked international drive to shops and restaurants , mr Mizen from the UK

Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Mizen1234
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our friendly staff, free breakfast, and great location. We hope that you will visit us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is my second review of the Comfort Inn & Suites. We stayed at this property 1 year ago and it is still a good place to stay. Last time I rated it four stars this time 5. The reason I did this was because they didn't have a microwave in the breakfast room the last time we stayed. I did mention that it would be nice to have one so you don't have to go to your room to heat your food. (See my other review from a yr ago.) The beds are very comfortable. A good nights sleep. This time we used the pool. Very nice and large heated pool with a jacuzzi. We didn't use that but the pool was great! The shower has a big shower head and the pressure was great and the water stayed hot. Not a lot of channels but enough. We used the coupon found in the hotel travel guides and we payed $59.99 before tax for four people. Well are kids would have been free anyway. The breakfast has many choices. Waffle makers, hard boiled eggs, cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries, bagels, juice, coffee. Very good breakfast. It's also within walking distance to restaurants, We ate at Popeyes. I definitely recommend this place. Now some people may look and find little things like inspect the top of the door for dust or other things. I myself don't do that. It looked clean, smelled clean. The beds were great. The AC kept us nice and cool. I like to turn it down low because I like to hide under the big nice comforter. I sleep better when it's very cool. I prefer the upper floors and if you like quite stay on the upper floors.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor on the upper floors to the end of the hall.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank dicarlo2
Bath, Somerset
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Spent two weeks in April here with my husband, 15 year old daughter and twelve year old son. Nice room with very comfortable beds. Clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff especially the guys on the reception desk. We really enjoyed our stay here! The only thing that I would like to suggest is more clothes storage space please eg another drawer unit and more hangers in the wardrobe. As we had brought 4 people's clothes for a two week holiday, we did struggle to fit it all in the unit provided. However this didn't spoil our holiday and we will be recommending to friends!!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Bigbird10
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I arrived at this hotel earlier than I expected. They weren't able to get me in at that time, so I went across the street and bowled a couple of games at the bowling alley. The staff were extremely helpful and gave me a free upgrade. Every time I came by the desk the staff people greeted me with a smile and asked me if they could help with anything. Very friendly staff.

The room was on the 4th floor and was very comfortable. It was also very clean and updated/modern.

The breakfast was a fantastic assortment. They had a lot of guests at this hotel the entire time I was there, so there were two mornings when I chose to eat in my room because there weren't any places in the dining room. The food was cooked perfectly and was the standard fare you would expect at a Comfort.

What I especially liked about this hotel was that there were several attractions and restaurants within short walking distance to the hotel, including the aforementioned bowling alley. I was able to come back from my conference every night, park the car and go walk around to find dinner and things to do.

The hotel is also only about a mile from the interstate, so there is easy access on and off.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 1967Yankeesfan
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and our great location. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff. When your travels bring you back to Orlando we hope you will stay with us again.