Check in was nice and easy - I paid for my room in cash which meant I had to leave an unexpected $100 deposit on top which I would get back on departure if everything was okay in the room (which I wasn't told would happen when booking the room) without fuss I handed over the money although I definitely feel this is something the hotel need to think about when making people leave what to me is such a large deposit when on holiday - it left me $100 down out of my spending money and if I wasn't going on to mexico after here, being from England I would have gone home with $100 that I would have had to exchange back to pounds and would have lost out on money as the buy back exchange rate is very poor! But anyway...
breakfast was awful - I'm sorry but it has to be said. It didn't bother us to much as it was 'free' so we took it with a pinch of salt and ate it!
Housekeeping was amazing, didn't knock at a ridiculous time in the morning and on the days where we didn't manage to get out of bed early, they always came back later in the day when we were out and cleaned for us.. Consistent with their cleaning, always had fresh towels/soaps ect.. very big thumbs up to them!
Reception team always helpful, always smiling when we walked past and asking how we are
There are free shuttles to universal and disney from the hotel.. and well, where do I start?? I wouldn't even bother wasting your time - the universal bus isn't so bad, you have to book a time slot to get on in advance, not sure why as some days we used it the bus got so crowded people couldn't fit on and had to wait for the next shuttle which wasn't for another 2 hours!! the Disney bus.. A whole different kettle of fish. You don't have to book you just get on when it arrives, which is okay as is was always basically empty! there is only ONE bus a day from the hotel which isn't until a very late 10:45. The first time we used it, it was 20 minutes late picking us up, and well picking us up from the park? It didn't even bother turning up..
The second time we used it, again was late picking us up from the hotel, and was also 30 minutes late picking us back up from the park... which I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't hammering down with a thunder storm. No apologies from the driver for being late.. But hey we got on and was happy to be going back to the hotel, although it was to much for the driver to actually drop us off outside the hotel he stopped down the road and made us walk the rest of the way in the rain... Never, ever again will I be using this transport, awful!
Pool was always clean, launderette was very handy and very cheap, well kept and clean hotel, lovely staff, very close to all attractions and a 2 minute walk onto idrive, a few minor downfalls but hey, can't expect 5 star if it's not listed 5
Thumbs up from us :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® Downtown hotel in Orlando, FL is just a mile north of downtown but just across the street from Florida Hospital and within minutes of the Amway Arena and the Expo Center. Our smoke-free Orlando hotel is a short distance from Disney World and attractions like: Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium MGM Studios Loch Haven Park Epcot Center Magic Kingdom Park We’re a short drive away from both the Orlando International Airport and the Orlando Sanford International Airport. Business travelers will appreciate our meeting room and boardroom, which can accommodate up to 37 guests. At our hotel in Orlando, you can take advantage of such amenities as: Free WiFi Fitness center Outdoor heated pool Free weekday newspaper Guest laundry Get going with a great breakfast. Start your trip to Orlando with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. All guest rooms offer coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards, microwaves and refrigerators. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. The Comfort Suites Downtown hotel in Orlando, FL is the perfect hotel for both business and leisure travelers. Book today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Comfort Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Orlando International Drive
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Fairfield Inn Orlando
- Fairfield Orlando
- Orlando Fairfield Inn
- Comfort Suites Downtown Orlando, Florida