“Perfect location, Great staff and rooms.”

Comfort Suites Downtown
Ranked #160 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

So I have just got back from a two weeks stay here (room 542) with six of us staying in three different rooms. Firstly, the reception staff we're amazing. Nil, Fuse and Orlando always made my day with conversions and topics about the area etc. All the other staff we're just the same but didnt get all you're names. Keep up the hard work all. The rooms were very clean, we had two king size beds that are probably the most comfiest I've stayed in...better then home! The room has all the extras like tea, coffee, microwave, iron and hair dryer. Nice size LG tv with over 40 channels to choice from. Free 24/7 Wifi...The maids always kept the room clean and tidy. The hotel has a heated pool and spa. They have plenty of seating and chairs so never an issue for space. (The blue pool tiles could do with a clean though and the pool floor has a lot of bugs) There is a FREE shuttle bus to Universal and a Universal rep at the reception until 12 midday to buy any tickets, you need to book your place on the shuttle though!!!!. The breakfast is comprehensive but could do with bacon being added to the menu but still very good. Overall we all had a fantastic stay here, great location just off International drive (away from traffic) just around the corner from shops to stock up your fridge with food and drinks to snack on. I would make sure you get your park tickets online before going as cheaper and miss the cues and budget 100 dollars a day per person, I would say 150 a day if buying tickets there. Feel free to comment if you need more information on the hotel or parks, I have brought back every leaflet going. Thanks for the great stay and I look forward to returning in the near future. Paul

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank paulj79
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful staff, I will make sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The room was very nice and clean. The staff was great and the free breakfast was awesome. They provide free shuttle service to Disney and other theme parks. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Orlando.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor, better view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank DownRodeo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit. We are so glad you enjoyed our wonderful staff and great breakfast. We hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Found the hotel to be very convenient, offering free shuttle to both disney and universal. good sized rooms with comfortable bed and good power shower. short walk to I-drive plenty restaurants. only downside was breakfast room always to crowded need more tables and chairs to accommodate guests. overall great cost effective choice!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank tmca76
Kelie S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our great location. We are going to add more seating on our patio to help with the congestion during high season when the hotel is full. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family was on vacation in Orlando. We had started out at a Hampton Inn by Universal, then went to Royal Pacific at Universal (see reviews for both). We then moved here because I had enough Choice points for the rest of the week. I believe this property used to be a Fairfield Inn. Check-in was extremely smooth. I had requested a room on the back side of the hotel, but didn't get it. Oh well, there wasn't much of a view from either side. The room was very spacious and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. Breakfast each morning was good, but get there early as the room fills up very quickly as the morning draws on. The pool was nice and quiet as there is nothing on the back side of the hotel except some wetlands area. All staff members we came in contact with were very friendly and helpful when we asked for anything.
I guess the only negative is that there aren't any places to eat close-by. However, International Drive is not that far away. It's a little difficult getting to Canada Avenue from W. Sand Lake Road. An easier way would be to go to Carrier Drive then go down Canada Ave. It's also easier to go out that way to Universal Studios (turn right on Carrier Dr, then Left on Universal Blvd). It may be a bit far to go to Disney from here.
We actually checked out a day early due to weather so I thought there would be a big mix-up getting my points refunded, but the desk clerk walked me through the process. Very helpful. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would stay again if going to Universal.

Room Tip: Easier to get in and out of Canada Ave via Carrier Drive instead of from W. Sand Lake Rd.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jhg155

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and mentioned our wonderful staff. If you visit us again, which we hope you do, stop by the front desk and they can direct you to several dining options within a very short walk from the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We really like this hotel. The room we reserved was upgraded to a suite. Breakfast was good and great variety was offered. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and contemporary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our wonderful staff and newly renovated property. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My family of 5, ( my husband and myself and our 3 kids, ages 6,4 and 1), my best friend and my parents all stayed at this hotel on July 3-5 of this year. We had 2 rooms. Our room was a suite on the fourth floor. It had 2 queen beds and a sofa pullout bed that was a full. Our room overlooked the pool. From our hotel room we could see universal studios in the distance. Our hotel room was very clean and had plenty of room for us to put up my daughters pack in play and still have room for my kids to play. My parents had a king suite that was also very nice as well. The hotel staff was very friendly. My children loved the pool. I liked that it was clean and was heated so we could even swim in the evening. My only complaint was at breakfast. The food was your standard hot breakfast food. The set up though with the waffle station made it where it caused congestion in and out of the breakfast area. We loved the area of the hotel. Very close to places to eat and stores but far enough down the street that the noise was not bad at night. Overall this was a great place to stay for a reasonable price. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed prior to my husband's surgery at Florida Hospital. The hotel is within walking distance from the hospital with a Panera Bread and Wendy's nearby. The hotel offers reduced rates to those who book directly and can provide a voucher from Florida Hospital's Guest Services. The registration agent also accepted our "Instructions for Surgery" form. The hospital shuttle service is available to transport guests between the hotel and hospital as well.

We were in King NS suite #233. The room fit the pattern of better Comfort Suites hotels. It was very clean, equipped with a large screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, couch, desk, and spacious full bathroom. Towels were big and fluffy. Breakfast would have been provided; however, we were due at the hospital before it was served.

I highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a hotel near Florida Hospital -- or in this general area. The Orlando Science Center and Art Museums are nearby as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wanda71
Chris T, Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at our Comfort Suites.
I was glad to hear your stay was an enjoyable one.
I hope everything went well with your husbands surgery.