Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista
US$129
US$285
US$222
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$154
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$152
Agoda.com
US$213
US$177
US$493
US$291
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$185
US$516
2,398 results
All reviewspalm parkwaysocial hourmonday to thursdayfree breakfastdisney parkslake buena vistaolive gardenseparate bedroomfridge freezerhot itemsbasketball courtkitchen areahot tubgames roomyogurthot breakfastsea world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel and after many trips to Orlando i can honestly say this now rates as our favourite and will definately stay here again. On arrival we had a very warm welcome from Bernard who quickly checked us in to our room. There are plenty of descriptions on here of the rooms so i won't go through it again but they are very comfortable with everything you need. there is tea and coffee 24/7 in the lobby and a great free breakfast in the mornings which we really enjoyed. It had different hot choices everyday and different bread and cereals, Yoghurts, fruits and porridge (grits). Some on here have said it gets boring and repetitive ??? Come on guys it's a free breakfast and will save you a buck or two what more do you want?
The hotel is easy to find by taking exit 68 off the I4 then the first right past hotel plaza blvd onto palm parkway it is just about 100 yards on the left. The rooms are cleaned everyday to a very good standard and all the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location close to everything and there is a Dennys and a Black Angus steakhouse a 10 /15 min walk away. I could go on and on about this hotel but i will just add that if you stay here i don't think you will be dissapointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank steve1503
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This was my first stay and the hotel lived up happily to my expectations. It's a beautiful place, and my "executive guest room" was quite comfortable. Commuting to theme parks and Downtown Disney in my rental car was easy, and I had no problem finding parking at the hotel. Those factors were anxiety-free, which helped my vacation enjoyment.

Wifi is an important factor for me as I work a good deal, even on vacation. The free wifi was strong and reliable and I was very satisfied. One small drawback was that to sign in I was required to furnish my e-mail address, and that produced a daily storm of spam, most of which was suspicious-looking and may have been malware-infected. (I was careful to delete without opening.) Also, I suggest configuring the sign-in form to place a cookie which saves the sign-in information. It would make signing in more convenient.

I took advantage of the complimentary breakfast only once, but it was very good and I was glad that opportunity was offered.

The guest laundry was small (two washers and two dryers), but I chose my time to use it carefully--a weekday morning--and had no problem.

The ice machine on the third floor where I stayed was out of service during the last five days of my stay, but the ice machine on the second floor wasn't far away and easy to access. I appreciated the presence by the ice machine of recycling bins available for my use.

The grocery/convenience store in the lobby is overrated, just a few shelves mostly of snack items. However, there are two actual convenience stores relatively nearby, and Gooding's supermarket only a short distance away.

--Michael England
San Francisco

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank bearofmcc
Nichole M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us! We are glad that you enjoyed our amenities, location, and services. Thank you for writing this review, and we hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting Orlando.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

After 8 years and 15 stays, Hawthorn Lake Buena Vista remains our home away from home in Orlando! This last time we stayed from April 28th to May 12th and it was just perfect as were the other times! This hotel is located in a very cozy street (Palm Pkwy) but just around the corner from 535 with lots of stores (Walgreens, Wal-mart, The Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista...) and restaurants (Red Lobster, Crab House, Olive Garden, McDonalds, Burger King, Uno's, Macaroni Grill...) and the WDW entrance. So this is the first plus: location. The staff is very attentive especially Bernard. Rafael is an excellent manager and you can always count on him. The rooms are big suites with a full kitchen. The separate living room gives you the space to stay awake while others are already asleep. The kitchen is of the essence after a day walking in the parks or shopping, it's a real life saver! The housekeeping is excellent too! They offer a good and free hot breakfast every morning and some evenings a snack, like a happy hour but we never arrived in time to catch it. Bottom line, you have a hotel in a perfect location with amazing rooms and a very helpful staff. Look no further this is your next hotel in Orlando!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the pool and could be loud.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WDW11

Thank you for writing such a great review! We are so flattered to be considered your home away from home! Bernard, Rafael, and the rest of our staff will be so pleased to hear you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

We are a family of 4 with kids aged 10 and 8! It was our 12th time visiting Orlando and the 3rd time we have stayed at Hawthorn Suites LBV! It is definately our favourite hotel to stay at! Fantastic rooms with kitchenette and great free breakfast! We found the pool an ideal size, as we are able to keep an eye on the kids at all times! There are plenty of restaurants close by and it is central to all theme parks. The staff are really friendly and really do make you feel welcome! A big thank you to Luis on reception who woke us up at 10.30pm (after just arriving) claiming that we needed to put a car park pass in our car..otherwise we would get towed! Hubby went to reception half asleep only to find his sister there...all the way from Sydney Australia! Thanks Luis!! Fantastic surprise!! (and no we didnt really need a car park pass!) Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: We loved being on ground floor..no waiting for elevators!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna J
Nichole M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

What a wonderful surprise! We thank you and your family for being such loyal customers. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review, and we look forward to seeing you for your 13th visit to Orlando!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Very good hotel for getting to all the major theme parks and restaurants are close by. Luis on reception was very helpful and always stopped to chat to us. Breakfast was an added bonus as you don't have to think about finding somewhere to eat or sorting it out yourself. Could have done with more days of english muffins and bacon though, but thats just me.

Rooms were very spacious with the sitting room and kitchen. I know most hotels are the same in Lake Buena Vista etc, but we did miss a balcony to sit on late at night and the windows in our bedroom had condensation constantly built up inside the double glazing so could not see out properly. Apart from this though could not fault the hotel, also found that it was very quiet at night and was never woken. We did ask for a high floor though so we were on the 5th (the highest).

Didn't use the shuttle bus as felt the times didnt suit, only ran at 8.35 and 10.45 in the morning to the theme parks and came back at 6.35pm at night. We could have had it free as with Virgin, but $10 fee for Sea world and universal for everyone else. As i said this would have been great if it ran more often as it is a $15 fee to park at universal and $12 for sea world and Aquatica. Also for Sea World if you go on any of the rides that will not let you take personal belongings it is a 50 cent charge for the lockers everytime.

Room Tip: 5th floor room overlooking the pool. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank briamand

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our location. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us; we love to hear from our guests! We hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Orlando!