“A resort beyond my highest expectations...without breaking the bank” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Ranked #66 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“A resort beyond my highest expectations...without breaking the bank”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We recently stayed @ Hilton Grand vacation for 3 days. I chose the hotel via tripadvisor reviews and the fact that it is a Bermuda themed resort. The reviews were pretty much spot on..our experience was amazing...first and foremost, every employee from the valet to the front desk was genuinely pleasant and made sure to ask us if we were enjoying our stay and did we need anything. Any hotel employee we passed here and there greeted us with a hello, or a smile. The grounds were impeccable, I felt as if I was back in Bermuda as I walked around to the awesome pools, or the trails between buildings. There is abundant seating and tables with umbrellas by the 2 beautiful pools, various hot tubs and kiddie pools.... We ate at the Grille by the pool, also good! Beds very comfy, kitchenette helpful with refrig and microwave, room spacious. Nicely located across from Seaworld, but you are unaffected by traffic. The resort is away from the hustle and bustle of Int'l drive, not too far away that you can't hop the free trolley though.
Its a family oriented resort, so children are abound...p.s. awesome kids playground, with cushioned floor under an enormous open air tent! Adjoining rooms with kids can be heard , but luckily our neighbors turned in soon after arriving in...wasnt a problem.
Overall a luxury resort with many amenities, pools, health club and places to go to besides just your room. Highly recommend this hotel and will return. A completely enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: ask for balcony room...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (658)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

We are Hilton Grand Vacation Club owners and have always found the club properties to be excellent. We were not disappointed with this property as well. The grounds are beautiful, the 2 bedroom condo was nicely decorated, although we would have preferred a better view which had been requested. (I'm not sure the front desk receptionist was all that familiar with the views of the units. Housekeeping did not come on the day expected and we had to call to ensure that the condo was serviced the next day which it was. (If you stay 7 days, you're supposed to get housekeeping service on the 4th day.) Security was present on the grounds at all times. We appreciated the gate keeper automatically opening the gate for us when they saw we had a hang tag for the car. The location is convenient, all though it can be a little confusing to get to... perhaps we just got turned around easily. We spent very little time in the condo as there are so many things to do in the Orlando area in addition to the more popular theme parks. One day we drove to Daytona Beach and tour the race track. Another day we drove to Mt. Dora and spent time in the quaint Victorian town. Still another day we drove south to visit the Bok Tower and to hear the carrillion concert. On another day we drove to St. Petersburg and toured the Salvador Dali Museum and also the new Chuily Collection. So if you're interested in additional options to the theme parks, there are plenty of activities not far from Orlando.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Introduction:
My parents and I stayed in a one-bedroom apartment at the Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at SeaWorld International Center for a quick weekend getaway from May 6 – May 8. Little did we know it fell on the same weekend as Mother’s Day! So, that was fun for my mom and a great gift. Anyways, the main purpose of the trip was to visit SeaWorld Orlando. Therefore, my parents left it up to me to choose a pretty cheap hotel or suite, but it had to be close to SeaWorld. In the past (2007), we stayed at the very near Hilton Garden Inn and Suites located right across the street from SeaWorld. It was an awesome hotel (as with most Hilton’s) and was at a great location. However, we stayed in a normal room with two queen beds and no separation. My parents are as loud as air conditioners with all the snoring they do which was a bother for me because I am a light sleeper and will wake up to any noise during the night. So, I had a problem and I was sure this time that this incident wouldn’t happen again. Therefore, with that in mind, instead of looking to rent two rooms, I decided to look for something that had a separate room with a door so I wouldn't have to hear them and I did not care whether I had to sleep in a sofa bed instead of a normal bed. Solution = Hilton Grand Vacations Suites. With awesome ratings from Trip Advisor, great pictures, and a corporate discount rate I get from my employer, I decided to check it out and book. Little did I know what to expect from the place…

Description:
According to the reviews on Trip Advisor and the hotel’s website, this is a timeshare resort. It is managed by Hilton, but it is a timeshare. I guess when the timeshares are not in use, they rent them out. Well, there are a total of nine buildings to start off. When you enter the resort, you automatically see the main building with the lobby, concierge, business center, two pools, activity center (gym), market deli (really expensive), and Coral Reef Bar & Grill (see review below entitled “Dining Options and Market”). Check-in was a breeze and we were given as many key cards as we liked (something unlike many other hotels). We were given a room on the fifth floor of Building Eight (forgot the weird name of the building) which was some distance, but it was ok. Again, this is a really big resort with a lot of land space. Before we went to the apartment, we got our Express Passes from the concierge for SeaWorld for FREE since this hotel is a SeaWorld partner hotel. This was a huge plus especially since it was my favorite price ($0). Also, I was given a time schedule of the shuttle busses that take us from the hotel to SeaWorld for FREE ($0) also and back as well. Again, another plus!!! Since we arrived late, we decided to try out the hotel restaurant. So, we drove to the apartment to leave our bags and check the place out first. Let me just say, I was STUNNED at the room they gave us. We got a corner one-bedroom unit in which the balcony and views all faced the pool right behind the building. The unit was very clean (except for the sheets used for the pull out sofa bed). However, the unit does come with a washer and dryer and some free samples of detergent. So, we used that to clean the sheets. However, the rest of the apartment was clean. The unit had a full granite kitchen (Coffee Maker, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, and Toaster) with some silverware included and cups, glasses, and plates. We didn’t really eat in the unit so we didn’t use much of it. Just to note: my father loves coffee in the morning. He tried to make coffee using the sample coffee provided by the resort. It didn't work out really well. He went to the lobby where they offered him FREE Starbucks coffee, which he loves. He exclusively wanted me to mention this in the review so that is why I am mentioning this. The Dining Room had a glass table with four chairs. The Living Room is where the sofa-bed was located at with some additional chairs, medium-sized TV, and DVD Player. The Bathroom had granite countertops with two sinks and a shower. In the bedroom was a separate jetted tub. Personally, I think that was unnecessary and they should have used the space for something else. In addition, the bedroom has a small TV, drawer space, and the safe. The terrace can be accessed through both the Living Room and Bedroom. It had a plastic table with four chairs and a fan with light. It was screened in, pretty spacious, and had an awesome view! The room could be connected to another room. However, it was never used by us. The unit was big enough for a family of four or more. It had tremendous space with a great view and amenities.

Dining Options and Market:
Again, it was late and we were tired when we checked in and we were hungry too. We asked what good restaurants were nearby and were told by the check-in lady to try out the Coral Reef Bar & Grill. So, we decided to check it out. The atmosphere was not bad. They were mostly resort guests. This place is managed independently from the Hilton Resort. Honestly, the food was disgusting and expensive. We asked for water and little to know our waiter would give us water from the faucet. We literally spit it out (you would too knowing that Central Florida water tastes disgusting) and asked for bottled water instead. The waiter was nice, but only to a certain degree. He was from overseas. He told us his life story and about how mean certain customers are and all that. We really didn’t want to hear it and I believe he cursed a couple of times, but we overlooked that. Anyways, the food was bad and really expensive. The only thing is that it is convenient because it is right on the resort. We realized that we needed to buy water since tap water was not an option. They had a Market right on the property (independent also) as well. It was a great little market, but extremely expensive. A gallon of water cost me over $2.00 when I could have easily hopped in my car and gone to Publix (less than a mile from the resort) and bought one for less than a dollar. They also make pizza and deliver it straight to your door without you having to leave your unit. We did not order pizza from there, so I cannot say whether or not it was good or bad and how expensive it was. If you are going to order pizza, I would suggest to order from Flippers Pizzeria. They make it in Brick Oven and it is about a mile away from the resort. The cost and delivery shouldn’t be that much and they deliver right to your door as well.

Parking:
The parking was extremely convenient and FREE. There was a lot of parking spaces available right in front of the building and surrounding area!!!

Calls and Internet:
Calls are only free if you call any rooms or services inside of the resort. If you make outside calls (outside of the resort), they charge (I believe) $.50 and more for long distance. Personally, I didn't care because we all had cell phones and we just used that instead. There was FREE Wi-Fi in the building as well as a data port cable (RJ-45) where you can directly plug in the cable into your computer (like I did). The only thing is that the internet speed is very slow. However, it was good enough for me and it was FREE.

Bed Complaints:
The only thing that needed to be changed was the mattresses of all the beds (main bedroom bed and sofa-bed). They were both as hard as a rock. However, those were the only complaints. There were a lot of pillows and sheets available. In addition, if you call guest services, they will bring you up some more pillows and sheets for FREE like they did to us!!!!

Location:
Excellent location right across from SeaWorld with a Publix, CVS, and some other stores/restaurants nearby!

Pools:
There are three pools in the resort. The main two are located in the main building behind the lobby and the other behind Building 8. I, nor my parents, went in any of them. We only saw the main two pools when we went to the Coral Reef Bar & Grill since it is right next to it and opened to it. However, when it was 10:00pm and both pools were full, I can only think that they must have been great. One did have a waterfall, I believe. Around both pools were some games for kids like a Ping Pong table and some others (forgot what they were because I barely spent time there). The other pool was conveniently located right behind our building (Building 8). It had a Ping-Pong table and two Jacuzzis. The pool was open until 11:00pm. The last night, we did take advantage and play Ping-Pong till 10:30pm. We were the only one’s there and it was pretty cool and fun, LOL!

Cleanliness:
The unit was mostly clean. The only thing that was dirty was the sheets used for the pull out sofa bed. However, the unit does come with a washer and dryer and some free samples of detergent. So, we used that to clean the sheets. However, the rest of the apartment was very clean. This was one out of the two reasons why I rate this resort a four instead of a five.

Loud Noise Complaint:
On night two of our stay, the resort hosted a private event. We were not told upon check-in that the event would be taking place right behind our unit facing the pool. There was a large party going on with loud speakers and loud music inside the unit. Even with all the windows closed and doors, you can still hear the noise and music. I think the resort was inconsiderate and rude in not telling us that there was going to be loud noise coming from the private event facing our unit. We should have been asked whether or not we cared about the loud noise and have the issue be handled properly by maybe relocating our room to another building or location. This was one out of the two reasons why I rate this location a four instead of a five.

Conclusion (Final Thought/Complaints):
Honestly, I loved this place. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends and family and would definitely love to return again. It was very family oriented and there were a lot of activities to do at the resort like if one wanted to spend all day there. The prices were moderate and reasonable. The resort staff was nice and friendly. I did give this place a four out of five because of the uncleanliness of the sheets for the sofa-bed and because of the noise. However, this place definitely beats all hotels where we’ve stayed at in Orlando. Congratulations Hilton Grand Vacations! It was a great vacation for us and we hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: To get the best room, book online.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank amphib2007
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

My husband & I & our 2 yr old daughter stayed for 5 nights in this beautiful resort within walking distance across the street from Sea World. We requested a renovated unit when we made the reservation in advance. I requested it again at check in. They really wanted to meet our request, so when we arrived at 4pm to check in, they said that the unit was being approved by the cleaning supervisor & they would call my cell phone when it was ready. We went & looked around the resort for about 30 min w/ our 2 yr old daughter & got a call that the unit was ready. We were glad that we waited because the unit was very clean & nicely renovated. My only complaints about our unit was the toilet was really noisy every time we flushed it, the balcony we had was right next to the air conditioners for all the units in our building, so when we sat on the balcony the noise was not so pleasant & lastly when we were in the living room area, we could hear the people in the unit next to us through the lock off door. But never heard any noises from the bedroom, so we were at least able to get a restful nights sleep. The main pool was always packed & full of people. We only used it once so our daughter could swim in the kiddie pool, which was actually not as crowded. We walked over to the smaller, quiet pool a few buildings away from ours & it was nice & relaxing with less people. We never used the Marketplace or restaurant/bar so I cannot comment on those. But, I would definitely stay there again & would recommend to all to ask for a renovated unit in advance & then remind them when we get there. We would stay there again for the price we paid, it is very reasonable & conveniently located.

Room Tip: Request a renovated unit
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

Our family stayed here during our first visit to Disney World. It was my husband, my mom, and our 2 kids ages 2 and 4. The rooms here are FABULOUS for families who want some separation. We got the 1 BR suite so we would have a separte bedroom. Our bed was very comfortable, the pull out was a little hard, but was a nice size. The condo and grounds were very clean, our condo was cleaned every day. We also went to all three pools, which were fabulous! It was VERY important to me to have a "kiddie" pool and this place has the perfect kiddie pools for babies! Our building was at the far end of the parking lot so it was a good walk with the kids to get to the clubhouse/pool. However, it was very quiet in our area which was also nice. We got food/icecream from the grocery on site and also ordered pizza from the hotel. The pizza wasn't that great, but the breadsticks were amazing! And it was a little pricey. if you want good pizza I would reccommend calling Flippers. They deliver, but are also super close and the food was GREAT! Oh and we also LOVED the screened in porch! Over all we wouldn't change a thing about our stay and would stay again for sure. It is close to Disney and the Outlet Mall and right across the street from Sea World. Great location, great price for what you get!

1 Thank kdrollins
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Imagine our surprise when after dragging our tired bodies, along with all of our luggage, up to "our" room we found it already occupied! We were a little disturbed that when we called the front desk on our way back they at first seemed to NOT BELIEVE us. We had to drive back to the main building to get a new room assignment; we were puzzled that the front desk attendants did not seem particularly concerned and then were hestitant to allow us to check out a couple hours late as a courtesy/way of placating us. The room itself, along with the facilites, were very nice, but we were concerned about security. (Would someone be given the key to OUR room while we were out?) That being said, we are thinking about giving it another try as it seems it would be wonderful for a family vacation.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MadameBauhaus
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

We were absolutely thrilled with our stay! We had a superior view from our top floor Hamilton one-bedroom apartment. We could see the entire pool complex-beautiful-and the serene lake-and we could see the higher structures of Seaworld! The screened-in balcony was sublime. We had a great breeze each time we sat out there and ate. The food from the Coral Reef bar and grill was great. The pools were super-never too crowded even on the hottest days. The staff-oh,my,they were all awesome!! They were sooo nice.They just could not do enough for you.
Our room was a great size for 3 people! The living/dining area was so comfortable,and the kitchen was supplied so well. I did not need any of the cleaning supplies that I brought from home-all is replenished daily! The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job everyday.I loved that the bedroom opened up right into the generous bathtub/double sink area-it made the bedroom area feel so expansive.The king bed was wonderful-I slept so well.The living room also had its own door to yet another sink area in the bathroom-yes-we had 3 bathroom sinks for 3 people!
The stand alone shower was great-super water pressure and plenty of hot water.The kitchen pantry included a full-size stackable washer/dryer which I used daily with the provided detergent. The room was-for us-perfect!
I loved the free parking right in front of our building.I loved that we were right next to the pool complex,restaurant,main building,and lake. Our location was perfect.
We got breakfast sandwiches each morning from the little deli/store-they were large,hot,and freshly made to order.We ordered food from the bar on 2 nights-delicious wraps,wings,and a superior burger-soo yummy. We ate on the balcony as much as possible. The pools and restaurant stay open until 11:00 P.M.-very convenient!
We certainly took advantage of the FREE Seaworld shuttle,and the FREE Quick-Queue access option-worth their weight in gold!
All-in-all-for the money I paid-$116 a night,plus a $5 a night great view upgrade charge-we were blown away by the value.
I have found my new Orlando home!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor Hamilton Bldg.
      Location